MDA Vario IV pics and specs

Guest CongoJoe

Guest Syphon Filter
Yeah, aside from the 512MB ROM you're on a MicroSDHC

That's cool. I'm not overly fussed, I'll slap a reasonable size SDHC card in there and that'll be it. My Kaiser has a 4GB card in it and that's been fine since launch day. Though, I'm not really that into loading movies/music on my device.

Guest djboo

how gutted am i?

i fairly recently broke my exec (pushed the usb socket inside the unit and in an attempt to fix it threw a minor strop and the exec met the wall at high velocity)

so i bit the bullet getting a tytn ii - after running win mob 6 on my exec, thought the 128mb would be more benefitial than vga. other than the qvga screen ive been mostly happy with the tytn2 - but the lack of vga and the awful reception (ive never once had hsdpa despite living in an area of 90% indoor 3g coverage and many many hsdpa enabled APs - and my hsdpa tmob dongle connects at hsdpa all the time)...

this device is EXACTLY what i wanted - ive barely had the tytn for 2 months and now the device i wanted to exist is announced. its a next gen exec really. and the exec is the best device ive ever owned.

Guest Syphon Filter
how gutted am i?

i fairly recently broke my exec (pushed the usb socket inside the unit and in an attempt to fix it threw a minor strop and the exec met the wall at high velocity)

so i bit the bullet getting a tytn ii - after running win mob 6 on my exec, thought the 128mb would be more benefitial than vga. other than the qvga screen ive been mostly happy with the tytn2 - but the lack of vga and the awful reception (ive never once had hsdpa despite living in an area of 90% indoor 3g coverage and many many hsdpa enabled APs - and my hsdpa tmob dongle connects at hsdpa all the time)...

this device is EXACTLY what i wanted - ive barely had the tytn for 2 months and now the device i wanted to exist is announced. its a next gen exec really. and the exec is the best device ive ever owned.

Ebay that sucker and get a new one?

I intend to ebay my TyTN II, not sure how much I will get for it but worth a shot. Stick a reserve on it and nothing to lose...

Guest Boinng

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll give this one a miss. It's really not a substantial upgrade to the Kaiser, and I don't think I like some of the changes they've made (particularly the loss of the tilt and various buttons). I like the WinMo interface and I'm not sure I'm ready to swap it all for Manilla, either.

With the 6.1 update, the Kaiser is already bang up to date, doing everything the new phone does, and generally working better than ever. I'll stick with that until there's something really new out there (or my Kaiser falls apart).

Guest Syphon Filter
Don't forget you only get HSDPA on tmob with WnW+ and Max, not on the standard £7.50 package...

What is "Max"?

I think I have WnW "Plus" and I'm pretty sure I get HSDPA on that. Where can I test it (ideally a PIE compatible site)?

EDIT:

Found one - http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1

I get around 1Mb on my Kaiser at the moment. Surely thats HSDPA?

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest Leaskovski

So when they say Q2 this year and Paul says "presumably next month", is this for the UK as well seen as this media release is in Germany?

Guest Ovie

Does anyone know if it's the same camera as the Kaiser, or if it's any better? Will it match the X1 on still images and video recording?

Guest Boinng
Does anyone know if it's the same camera as the Kaiser, or if it's any better? Will it match the X1 on still images and video recording?

Does anyone know if the X1 is any good at still images and video recording? I think it's all guess work right now until either of these phones are actually out there in people's hands. Given that there's no difference in resolution between this and the Kaiser, I wouldn't imagine there's any great difference, but it all depends on the software really.

Guest Ovie

Yeah, I've noticed that one version of the X1 has VGA video recording, I was wondering if the Raphael has this too. I suppose we'll have to wait!

Guest mikeeey

im still not too fond of it... landscape left, no jog wheel, i guess no tilt doesnt bother me TOO much, but it's still prefered. um... really if there could be video drivers for the kaiser i would be happy.

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

When is T-mobile USA going to get a 1700mhz PPC? They are really pushing their customers away over here.

I find the Tilt screen pretty useful, especially when watching a movie on a long flight. So I would miss that.

Guest djboo

im spending £42.50 a month on my contract - i should hope im on hsdpa for that! (ive called tmob and theyve confirmed its enabled and im in a hsdpa area)

Don't forget you only get HSDPA on tmob with WnW+ and Max, not on the standard £7.50 package...

Guest Monolithix

That's cool then (on the TMob side :D), maybe it is just a faulty device if you're struggling :s Have you got any other HSDPA devices you can try?

Guest Stark77
im spending £42.50 a month on my contract - i should hope im on hsdpa for that! (ive called tmob and theyve confirmed its enabled and im in a hsdpa area)

Have you got KaiserTweak? There is an option in there to enable HSDPA if it isn't already enabled on the handset. That might be the problem?

You can find it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=333898

Guest djboo
That's cool then (on the TMob side :D), maybe it is just a faulty device if you're struggling :s Have you got any other HSDPA devices you can try?

ive got a tmob usb dongle - not switched sim cards yet, but thats hsdpa all the time. ive pretty much decided to get rid of the kaiser tbh - getting less and less impressed with it - when stuff runs better on a blue angel than the phone thats just locked u into 18 months of £45 a month, u know uve been ripped off :( probably end up with a ultimate 9502 if not the vario iv

Guest Stark77
ive got a tmob usb dongle - not switched sim cards yet, but thats hsdpa all the time. ive pretty much decided to get rid of the kaiser tbh - getting less and less impressed with it - when stuff runs better on a blue angel than the phone thats just locked u into 18 months of £45 a month, u know uve been ripped off :D probably end up with a ultimate 9502 if not the vario iv

Did you see my post about KaiserTweak?

Guest djboo
Did you see my post about KaiserTweak?

ive used that in the past, was defaulted to on - ive tried different roms, ive pretty much tried everything. ive managed to get edge recently which was a suprise. most of the time i only get gprs. most of the time tbh, it connects to 3g but no pages load - i have to manually disconnect, then try again, usually 3 or 4 times before i get a connection that works.

im mostly disapointed because i picked this device because of the good specs and managed to convince myself it would be worth it despite the QVGA - but im not getting the benefit of the fast cpu or the decent ammount of ram.

even if i got hsdpa - would i really benefit? browsing is awful even over wifi - ive truely lost patience with this. maybe the vario iv is the solution but im not hopeful with HTC devices anymore.

Guest Stark77
ive used that in the past, was defaulted to on - ive tried different roms, ive pretty much tried everything. ive managed to get edge recently which was a suprise. most of the time i only get gprs. most of the time tbh, it connects to 3g but no pages load - i have to manually disconnect, then try again, usually 3 or 4 times before i get a connection that works.

im mostly disapointed because i picked this device because of the good specs and managed to convince myself it would be worth it despite the QVGA - but im not getting the benefit of the fast cpu or the decent ammount of ram.

even if i got hsdpa - would i really benefit? browsing is awful even over wifi - ive truely lost patience with this. maybe the vario iv is the solution but im not hopeful with HTC devices anymore.

Does sound very much like a hardware fault then and should be returned to T-Mobile.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.