Touch Diamond to roll on to Orange and T-Mobile this weekend?

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go into the city this afternoon to look. I'll check I can upgrade too, if not I'll be getting it from Phones4U

Guest cadeyboy

I just got my Diamond. Orange had no idea about when it would arrive, so I went to Carphone Warehouse on Oxford Street (dean st) and they had several. I upgraded and sorted out a new contract/deal and

I got it in a few minutes and now its charging and im a very happy fella..!! So oxford street (London) Carphone Warehouse has some in stock now. go and get it!!

Guest deadphill

I think this is the first time in history I have ever heard of that Orange have a windows mobile device out before any other network!

Have they been taking steroids or something? New half decent data plans, WM phones that dont take an age to go through "testing" and subsequently be released.

Goodness, next you will be telling me that their customer service is has gone back to actually being as good as it once was.

Pigs might fly eh?! :D

Guest blackhorse
I think this is the first time in history I have ever heard of that Orange have a windows mobile device out before any other network!

Have they been taking steroids or something? New half decent data plans, WM phones that dont take an age to go through "testing" and subsequently be released.

Goodness, next you will be telling me that their customer service is has gone back to actually being as good as it once was.

Pigs might fly eh?! :D

The plan is to bring all customer service calls back to the uk! :(

Guest deadphill
The plan is to bring all customer service calls back to the uk! :(

lol that doesn't mean anything! :D

Just because it is back in the UK will mean that there is one less annoyance of someone being able to understand you first time, however as for actually helping you and going that extra mile as orange used to do remains to be seen.

I don't think we will see that again until orange breaks free from France Telecom. Though it would be nice to be proved wrong, then all the other networks might have to step up their game!

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

ps I also remember having to wait so long when I was with them for my m2000, they ended up giving it to me for free. It was in the region of £200 as far as I remember on contract at the time!

I think it was someone on these boards who was a radio dj with radio jackie who first contacted them!

Cheers

Phill

Guest fridaynightjazz
I just got my Diamond. Orange had no idea about when it would arrive, so I went to Carphone Warehouse on Oxford Street (dean st) and they had several. I upgraded and sorted out a new contract/deal and

I got it in a few minutes and now its charging and im a very happy fella..!! So oxford street (London) Carphone Warehouse has some in stock now. go and get it!!

Cadeyboy, I took your experience and tried it out for myself - now I'm holding the damn thing! Carphone Warehouse have quite a few: I'll second the stores in Oxford Street, and 407 Oxford Street had four before I took one.

I now have a Diamond! :D

I went into Orange (Who have stock) and asked to upgrade. With my current sim only contract after 18 months of Dolphin 35 they wanted £70 for the phone. A new contract would be cheaper at £40 so I went next door to Phones 4U. They were going to upgrade me for free and then £35pm contract but when they phoned Orange they said no because I only had the sim only deal* so I went for a new contract and got the phone for free + £20 cash because I took out the insurance that I can cancel after a month and be £10 up.

The phone itself has an orange logo on the back but I don't think they've done anything to the ROM. I didn't see the Orange Diamond to compare though.

*Why I couldn't upgrade I don't know. I've been with Orange 20 months on this contract and it wasn't like they were loosing money by me going off £15 a month and onto £35! Seems a bit backwards to me.

EDIT: I should just say Phones4U don't have any more in Norwich. The final one is reserved for a customer

Edited by ~Rob

been on the phone to customer services (orange retentions, and am currently one month out of contract) and got

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

£80 credit to bill

£25 pm in 18 month deal, very happy

Edited by plob

Guest jimbouk

I just got emailed by the guy at Orange retentions who is looking after my account (following a little bit of an issue - which I have referred to on here). Two new diamonds on their way to me and 15 on their way to my largest client - all arriving tomorrow.

My deal is a free HTC Diamond, 12oo mins, 500 texts, unlimited landlines and true unlimited data (3gb fup) for £40 per month and my other half's phone is £25 per month for 700 mins, 100 texts, true unlimited data (3gb) for £25 per month. Both 18 month contracts. They are the cheapest plans that would come with proper data.

Guest LSmith4285

Managed to get the following:

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

magic number

£21.50 pm on a 18 month deal :D

Guest amd7000

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

magic number

£21.50 pm on a 18 month deal :(

How???

I need that deal!!! :D

Guest typhus

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

magic number

Now thats an amazing deal. I want that one!

Just spoke to CS. Lady said they had 3000 when they came on the system at 2pm, all gone by 4:30pm :D They'll have more in on monday, so ill have to call back then.

J.

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

magic number

£21.50 pm on a 18 month deal :D

cracking deal similar to mine but you reminded me about the magic number

and have just phoned to be told i will retain my magic number.

so cheers for that

Edited by plob

Guest spangelsaregreat

so cheers for that

I take it all these deals are for existing customers?

I am awaiting the Compact 4 but would definately switch to Orange if I could get these deals.

Regards

Guest bugeyes
I take it all these deals are for existing customers?

I am awaiting the Compact 4 but would definately switch to Orange if I could get these deals.

Regards

i'm in exactly the same boat as you........ never thought i'd consider going back to the big O!!

Guest jimbouk

so cheers for that

When I factor in that my other half and I are treated as magic numbers, and the four agic numbers I already have, I won't be using my minutes at all!

Guest Confucious

touch diamond for free

600 minutes

unlimited texts

unlimited web

magic number

That is a good deal! By 'unlimited web' I presume you mean the 500Mb version not 3Gb? and no tethering? But still a fantastic deal.

I got Flext35 and W'n'W Plus for £20.62 but no free Diamond!

O seem to be trying again - a data plan, plans to bring CS back to the UK, releasing teh Diamond and offering existing customers deals like this instead of just letting them go.

Let's hope this is the start of O's comeback :D

Guest jimbouk

With a queue of approx 150 people outside O2's store in Islington and a similar queue outside Carphone Warehouse, I reckon Orange have read the reports that show that giving people mobile data makes them use their device more... and earns the network more.

Guest nigzsingh

I'm also waiting for the MDA Compact IV, speakig to T-Mobile on a daily basis. But, having seen the Omnia, i'm not so sure about the Compact. Spoke to Samsung, and they're sayin UK release will be Mid August, on all 4 major networks. Now I don't know what to go for, I could move to Orange. but they charge for using Live Messenger. Decisions decisions . . . .

well my diamond has arrived today, am using it on the three network. The device is locked to orange

however i used the isim from dealextreme and it now up and running. It automatically puts the settings up for the network and away you go. must admit the device is smaller than i thought.

I have to say its much nicer than i expected. Its deffo not a brick

Guest Fleabag

The Compact IV should be out this Monday, if not later in the week. The upgrade price is £229.99. The Omia is due late August on T-Mobile.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.