MDA Compact IV available NOW from T-Mobile (now with unboxing!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Syphon Filter
I'm a bit of a Newbie to all this, how can it be fixed??

Do you care to elaborate? Are you talking about all the pink in the user interface or some other issue?

Guest mattie01

both the t-mob and the orange version have.

528 MHz process

qualcomm ® 7201A

ram 192 MB

flash 256

orange is rom: 1.37.405.1 WWE

t-mob is 1.37.110.3 WWE

radio is 1.000.25.03 on both.

Guest Chocolicious

I ordered mine last night and was expecting it tomorrow but after checking online, they upgraded the wrong line and now I've got to wait for the phone to arrive then express mail it back and upgrade again! Taking the p**see

Guest Confucious
both the t-mob and the orange version have.

528 MHz process

qualcomm ® 7201A

ram 192 MB

flash 256

orange is rom: 1.37.405.1 WWE

t-mob is 1.37.110.3 WWE

radio is 1.000.25.03 on both.

How much free mem?

Guest deadphill

Paul has not replied to this topic for a couple of hours now.

Me thinks he is off writing a cab to de-brand the T-mob gumpf!

Im not betting, but I have a hunch......

Cheers

Phill

Guest nigzsingh

Newbie with regards to Windows Mobile. I want to get Messenger on my device. If someone has a link or some advice as to how to go about it, would be greatly appreciated.

Guest mattie01

i am really loving the compact4. so glad it isn;t missing any memory.

soon i'll be loading hardspl on it then loading a clean customer rom on it, as mentioned above i am loving the phoen but the pink on white is a little too much.

Guest Chocolicious

Because the upgrade is done on the wrong line, before they can change it and put everything back to normal to upgrade the right line, they require the phone back in their possession.

I have written an essay of a complaint to them as they have messed up too many times lately after treating me so well over the past 8 years

Guest rameses
Edit: also...

What's in the box

* Battery

* Charger

* Standard Headset

eh??

I've heard it's got a grey fleece pouch instead of the lovely black leather/microfibre case. This might be the deciding factor to go from T to O for me.

Guest deadphill

It DOES have the grey fleece pouch.

Does the job in my opinion. But hey ho if terrible customer service and low "unlimited" data plans are your thing, go to orange for your case!

:D

Cheers

Phill

Guest mattie01
The Orange one has neither right?

P

the orange one has the hard black case. thou i dont think mine did. well not when it goes back to orange muhahahah

must say thou it feels nice having a home and a back button again. i really missed them on the touch dual...

Edited by mattie01

Guest pjam001

Bah!! Just phoned up to see if I can upgrade early but no, not until 27th December.

The phone would cost £300+ from them as a pay-as-you go. :D

Hmmm! how much do Vario 3's sell for second hand?

Edited by pjam001

Guest baldbazza

Hmm. Just phoned T-Mob to see how much for an upgrade. To stay on Flext20 + W&W they wanted £80 to upgrade from my Vario II to the Compact IV and by-the-way I'd also lose the £5 per month discount I currently get. Asked for a PAC code to focus the mind and they wanted to charge £10 as the contract doesn't end till 30 July. Phoned disconnections and got the same response.

Any ideas on how I can improve this without changing package or am I just being a skinflint?

Guest Thumper Net

How can they claim its exclusive ? its only a diamond with t-mobile logos and an mda logo , there has to be somthing pink on it maybe a nice pink touch 3d home screen instead of the black htc one :D

Guest Thumper Net

least both t mobile and orange give a pouch or case something htc could not be bothered to do , wonder if the plastic on the cameras hole gives the same degrading as the diamond has , should be a nice bright pink sock from t-mob as thats what they give here :D

Guest nebapneb
Hmm. Just phoned T-Mob to see how much for an upgrade. To stay on Flext20 + W&W they wanted £80 to upgrade from my Vario II to the Compact IV and by-the-way I'd also lose the £5 per month discount I currently get. Asked for a PAC code to focus the mind and they wanted to charge £10 as the contract doesn't end till 30 July. Phoned disconnections and got the same response.

Any ideas on how I can improve this without changing package or am I just being a skinflint?

you've got the same package as me it looks like

i could handle the £80, but not keen on losing the £5 loyalty discount

that works out at costing an extra £90 over its life (£495 total)

whereas going to orange & getting the £175 quidco

means i'd pay more than i am now

but less than if i lose the £5 per month (£630 - £175 / 18 = £25.27)

bugger

neb

EDIT: you'll probably find that they've quoted you the price for the Compact 3 by mistake

the Compact 4 is gonna retail around the same as the Vario 3, £230 on our tariff!!!

bye bye T-Mo...

Edited by nebapneb

Guest deadphill

If your contract expires 30th of the month they dont have much in the way to offer you until it is ready to expire.

Here is the bit which always infuriates me. You can never get your pac code unless you pay up the rest of the month in advance. So if you want to avoid the £10 charge, you have to wait till your contract is up and then do it.

I reckon you will be able to get what you want, however, not until you request your PAC code AFTER you have finished the contract.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phill

Phoned T mobile for upgrade (I got 2 lines for 19 Month with t-mob)- no stok till monday, offered free C4, I asked to downgrade Flex 35 to Flex 30, best they can do £30 and loose £5 discount.

Phoned again to "leaving T Mobile" dep. Mentioned Orange Racoon 30 with cash back (£25pm) deal - got same answer as before (F30 for £30 and loose £5 discount) an no stock on C4 till August :D What is going on with T Mobs? :D

Let me think..... :angry:

Edited by arnx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.