MDA Compact IV available NOW from T-Mobile (now with unboxing!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spangelsaregreat
Phoned T mobile for upgrade (I got 2 lines for 19 Month with t-mob)- no stok till monday, offered free C4, I asked to downgrade Flex 35 to Flex 30, best they can do £30 and loose £5 discount.

Phoned again to "leaving T Mobile" dep. Mentioned Orange Racoon 30 with cash back (£25pm) deal - got same answer as before (F30 for £30 and loose £5 discount) an no stock on C4 till August :D What is going on with T Mobs? :D

Let me think..... :angry:

Hi,

I am on Flext20 wnw with the £5 discount. Got the upgrade for £120 keeping the same contract WITH the discount intact.

Regards

Guest mattie01

was anyone else expecting a light at the top of the phone to come on to indercat that the phone was charging?

i kind of miss the little amber light when charging and the green light when its fully charged... :D

Guest Syphon Filter
was anyone else expecting a light at the top of the phone to come on to indercat that the phone was charging?

i kind of miss the little amber light when charging and the green light when its fully charged... :D

Look around the edge of the D-Pad :D

Guest nebapneb
Hi,

I am on Flext20 wnw with the £5 discount. Got the upgrade for £120 keeping the same contract WITH the discount intact.

Regards

jammy git

will tyr them again in the morning

there may be light at the end of the tunnel :D

Guest mattie01
Look around the edge of the D-Pad :D

I noticed that but its just not the same, is plus it looks like there should be a led at the top of the phone near the ear piece

Guest Syphon Filter
I noticed that but its just not the same, is plus it looks like there should be a led at the top of the phone near the ear piece

I believe that is the light sensor which controls the auto-adjusting backlight of the screen.

Guest acabbie

I like the phone but i have to get rid of that damn magenta/pink eyesore of a scheme...also, it's a shame that the youtube and messenger apps have been removed,

If i was to flash my rom would it invalidate any warranty ? How difficult is it to do and where do i get the standard rom from and on the off chance there is a problem and it buggers up the phone, what are the chances of reinstalling the original T-mobile rom thus t-mobile not being able to suss what i've been up to ? Oh and where do i get the T-mobile rom from ??

Guest nebapneb
jammy git

will tyr them again in the morning

there may be light at the end of the tunnel :D

Aaagh!

T-Mo say I can't upgrade till aug29

that theres been an error on their online system

also that they're OOS on the MDA Compact IV

nucking funts :D

die die die die etc

and relax

:angry:

Guest ficklephonefan
Aaagh!

T-Mo say I can't upgrade till aug29

that theres been an error on their online system

also that they're OOS on the MDA Compact IV

nucking funts :D

die die die die etc

and relax

:angry:

Just ordered from them over the phone, I was undecided so phoned several times before commiting, 5 times infact! 2 people said the phone wasn't released yet (!) and even said they would call me when it was released while the other 3 said they had stock of 59 phones. Apparently online orders and phone orders have different stock levels.

So if you haven't got one yet keep trying, there seems to be some confusion with T-mobile about the handset at the moment so if you get the response that it is out of stock or unreleased my advice is to hang up and hope you get a different advisor on the next call.

EDIT: obviously the phone will be out of stock eventually though so if you find you have rung them 10 times and all peeps have said the phone is out of stock its probably the time to give up :D

Edited by ficklephonefan

Guest Chocolicious

I have finally gotten mine after so much trial and tribulation and I am left underwhelmed thus far, especially by this T-Mobile ROM. I cannot wait to get home and play about but what is the best and most stable Diamond ROM people are using, The Lone Ranger's?

Also, is there a setting to sort out the onboard keyboard which covers the text boxes I am trying to input in so I cannot see what I am typing or has anyone tried a better keyboard, this pales greatly in comparison to the iPhone, which is grown on me in quite a few aspects, the UI is just so smooth and swift. The phone itself is too limited though.

Guest deadphill

The lone rangers ROM seems pretty good to me. However after a while I have noticed that the os runs horribly slow even when there are no applications running.

I did a soft reset and it seems ok since. Time will tell but apart from T-mobile TV and no co-pilot I think the addition of You tube and messenger are worth changing for alone, even before you consider their horrible pink white and grey customisation!

Cheers

Phill

Guest nebapneb
Just ordered from them over the phone, I was undecided so phoned several times before commiting, 5 times infact! 2 people said the phone wasn't released yet (!) and even said they would call me when it was released while the other 3 said they had stock of 59 phones. Apparently online orders and phone orders have different stock levels.

So if you haven't got one yet keep trying, there seems to be some confusion with T-mobile about the handset at the moment so if you get the response that it is out of stock or unreleased my advice is to hang up and hope you get a different advisor on the next call.

EDIT: obviously the phone will be out of stock eventually though so if you find you have rung them 10 times and all peeps have said the phone is out of stock its probably the time to give up :D

just spoke to an absolute star at T-Mo

they're still OOS, but due in next couple of days

was told if i wait till end of august i can have for free

or i can have early for £140(basically buying out my contract & restarting i s'pose)

so their gonna call me when in stock & i'll do the deal then

woohoo(i hope!!!)

:D

Guest ficklephonefan

I just rang them again (worried that perhaps the stock levels were incorrect) got another advisor who confirmed the phone was in stock and that mine has been allocated to the courier to be shipped tomorrow. :D

Guest ficklephonefan

It's just arrived, much smaller than I was expecting! :D Contents of the box are exactly the same as those in Paul's unboxing vid.

I have it on charge at the mo and will be playing with it shortly :D considering its diminutive proportions I could see myself sending this back and waiting for the Vario IV which I originally thought would be too bulky... hmmm

Guest nebapneb
It's just arrived, much smaller than I was expecting! :D Contents of the box are exactly the same as those in Paul's unboxing vid.

I have it on charge at the mo and will be playing with it shortly :D considering its diminutive proportions I could see myself sending this back and waiting for the Vario IV which I originally thought would be too bulky... hmmm

well mines been dispatched

and will be with me by 1pm tomorrow

£140 added to next months bill but

lost my £5 loyalty so i'm now paying £27.50 a month

i'll see how it plays as i've got 7days to try it out

can always send it back then and

get the orange deal as it'll still be july :angry:

Guest NICK87

Just ordered mines today, apparently there were 50 in stock when i called them, after i ordered mine on upgrade there were 30 left so be quick to get one. They said that it should arrive by 1pm on TUESDAY!!! don't think that i can wait that long. lol

Upgrade details:

MDA COMPACT IV- £99.99

12 Month Contract: £15.00 (100mins +100txt)

Total over contract: £280.00

Tell me if thats a good deal.

Cheers

Edited by NICK87

Guest Confucious

Well Combi 15 is only available as an 18 month contract on the web - you get 200txts rather than 100 but the phone is £199

So I'd say you got a really bad deal :D

Nah - Well done, can't be bad!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baldbazza
If your contract expires 30th of the month they dont have much in the way to offer you until it is ready to expire.

Here is the bit which always infuriates me. You can never get your pac code unless you pay up the rest of the month in advance. So if you want to avoid the £10 charge, you have to wait till your contract is up and then do it.

I reckon you will be able to get what you want, however, not until you request your PAC code AFTER you have finished the contract.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Phill

Thanks Phill. But... after the contract ended they quoted exactly the same as before. Pay them £80 AND lose my £5 per month loyalty discount.

Oh well, goodbye T-Mobile and hello (again) Orange via Quidco. I guess T-Mobile has bought all the custom it wants for now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.