TLR Diamond ROM 3 - based on 1.93.456.2 with uninstallable / updatable TF3D (Manila)

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest Chocolicious

I am using this ROM on my Compact IV but the screen and phone freezes quite often over the past three days where I have to soft reset the device. Is anyone seeing this issue?

Sometimes it is just the hardware keys that become unresponsive and sometimes its the screen.

Guest Monolithix

I've flashed my Touch Diamond to TLR3 and its been a smooth ride all along, just waiting to see if I still get the odd hang/hot/battery drain bug I was seeing (very) occasionally before!

Guest bdmoore

Got my Diamond from Orange this morning - played with it for about an hour and now applying this - no point messing about :D

Thanks TLR :D

Guest mintfresh

Can anyone advise me what I need to backup before doing this update?

I've done updates to my Vario II before, but never worried about backuping up to much.

Also, I have the Orange version of the Diamond. Will I lose any apps that came with it, and if so, where can I get them again?

And thirdly. I installed Tom Tom 7 and got a free map with it. Will I be able to reinstall this and the map on the new ROM?

Does anyone know what the latest official ROM version is? I've gone round in circles trying to find out what this is, and HTC's e-Club doesn't show any ROM, just Sprite Backup.

I see the following on boot up:

R 1.00.25.03

G (lots of numbers!)

D 1.37.00.00

If it's not available at HTC, where can I get a copy of the official ROM, assuming there's something more up-to-date?

Thanks

Guest zauron

Hi, in general I am well chuffed with this ROM. There is one niggle, though: I can't seem to be able to edit the Start menu at all. Is that a known problem? Or am I being dim? Apologies if it is the latter.

Guest elementalist

The usual situation innit: Orange take the first phones knowing the ROMs will change and add their crappy custimizations then refuse to support and updates. HTC unfortunately appear to be refusing to support Orange Diamonds also. I phoned both and they both passed the buck.

Thanks for this info - just completed the process and all seems well with it.

It definitely seems faster - going through the same setup I did a couple of hours ago seems much smoother.

It was ok before, but people could have it so much better - you'd have thought HTC and Orange would both really want folks to be raving about the handset *shrug* I guess they are fine with it being good rather than fantastic.

Guest elementalist

I have an error not necessarily connected to this ROM in specific, but I do have this one installed.

If I go to the Music tab, it sits on "Searching..." for ever. If on that screen I use Menu > Properties; last night it would re-load TouchFLO, today it switches to what looks like the Call History screen, but with no history list (just the white background), sits there for a bit then goes back to the Home screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest fatbutcher

I've applied this to my T-Mobile MDA Compact IV, works a treat, and as a bonus I seem to have gained additional main storage memory (not the 4gb internal).

Originally, main storage was showing around 85mb-ish and now its upto 107.17mb. Is that the same as the standard Diamond??

post-128953-1219847419_thumb.jpg

I've applied this to my T-Mobile MDA Compact IV, works a treat, and as a bonus I seem to have gained additional main storage memory (not the 4gb internal).

Originally, main storage was showing around 85mb-ish and now its upto 107.17mb. Is that the same as the standard Diamond??

It depends on what ROM have installed... different roms have different amounts of free space as the rom cookers can strip out any unwanted apps etc...

:D

post-2777-1219852978_thumb.png

Guest fatbutcher
It depends on what ROM have installed... different roms have different amounts of free space as the rom cookers can strip out any unwanted apps etc...

:D

I understand what your saying, but I'm talking about the 'Total' storage available not the free, mines increased, is this still the case?

Is your screenshot from a diamond or a compact IV? Whichever....you still got more than me.....damn you! :D :angry:

Edited by fatbutcher

I understand what your saying, but I'm talking about the 'Total' storage available not the free, mines increased, is this still the case?

Is your screenshot from a diamond or a compact IV? Whichever....you still got more than me.....damn you! :D :angry:

Its from a diamond but that wont matter... yes its still the same case, when a developer strips somthing out, its freed in used memory and also in total because the device no longer has to hold it in memory to re-install when a device is hard reset :(

hope that explains it :D

Guest fatbutcher
Its from a diamond but that wont matter... yes its still the same case, when a developer strips somthing out, its freed in used memory and also in total because the device no longer has to hold it in memory to re-install when a device is hard reset :D

hope that explains it :D

I think I get what your saying, and I trust you cus you got a certificate!

So my next question is, does the Compact IV actually have less memory that the diamond?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neilrlsmith

Is your screenshot from a diamond or a compact IV? Whichever....you still got more than me.....damn you! ;) :wacko:

I cant even get passed installing the signed or unsigned HardSPL. Says invalid vendor ID...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MidfieldGeneral

Hi,

ive got an issue with sending texts after installing Rom?

Quote 'Your text message cannot be sent. be certain that your service centre address is correct in settings and then try sending the message again.'

when i try the Settings-phone-services-voice/text messages- get settings

i get 'cannot read settings from network.'

Any clues?

try a different/earlier Radio perhaps?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MidfieldGeneral
Hi,

ive got an issue with sending texts after installing Rom?

Quote 'Your text message cannot be sent. be certain that your service centre address is correct in settings and then try sending the message again.'

when i try the Settings-phone-services-voice/text messages- get settings

i get 'cannot read settings from network.'

Any clues?

try a different/earlier Radio perhaps?

cheers

FOLLOW ON:

Fixed!! Found it was my dated SIM!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what this ROM is like compared to other ROMs like SwiftBL and Dutty? I'm trialling all the ROMs at the moment, looking for the best one that's right for me.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lobsterdave
Hi, in general I am well chuffed with this ROM. There is one niggle, though: I can't seem to be able to edit the Start menu at all. Is that a known problem? Or am I being dim? Apologies if it is the latter.

Ah well couldn't hold off any longer waiting for an updated T-Mobile ROM, have sucessfully flashed to TLR's Diamond ROM 3 and so far am very impressed its much slicker that T-Mobiles effort!! However, i also seem to have this issue, strangely the applications in the start menu also appear twice in the progams menu??

Thanks for all your hard work TLR. B)

Guest fatbutcher
Ah well couldn't hold off any longer waiting for an updated T-Mobile ROM, have sucessfully flashed to TLR's Diamond ROM 3 and so far am very impressed its much slicker that T-Mobiles effort!! However, i also seem to have this issue, strangely the applications in the start menu also appear twice in the progams menu??

Thanks for all your hard work TLR. B)

Yeah, I get that too, but only in the touchflow programs menu