ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Unisoldrew

Hi.

I'm currently on PDA DXHI1 but thinking of updating to DTHJ6 (as i don't believe the UK site will ever have the official ROM release!)

Is it worth doing so or not worth the risk?

My battery is good but screen sensitivity poor and overall menu's quite slow.

Thanks.

Edited by Unisoldrew

Hi everyone i have bought an I908 with version I908ZHHI6 and yet of course its in chinese and i cant read it ....

I want to change the ROM so its in English and yes this is the first time flashing a PDA phone for me.

So obviously to avoid bricking the phone, am i best to use I908ZHHH2 instead of I900DZHH3 ???

Has anyone tried flashing this version to English with no problems and is it safe to use the official updater method..

Please help as i wanna use this phone..

is there a guide how to upgrade firmware??

i want to up my hh3 to hi3..

the battery issue is bad, so i want to know how to upgrade to hi3, avoid bricking it, thank you

Guest julio.v.g

Hi everybody.

I will buy Omnia i900 this week(to be exact friday :lol: ), but i'm reading that there exists many

forms to update the original ROM that comes with the mobile.

Can somebody answer me some question please ... :

1. Which are the chronological order from all ROM that all of you talk in this forum?

2. Can somebody explain me which are the diferences about each one

3. Which is the best ROM (i'm from spain)

I think for now it's ok.

Please try to answer this questions as soon as possible to have an idea before buy this mobile

Thanks a lot. :D

Edited by julio.v.g

Guest Natsirt
Hi everybody.

I will buy Omnia i900 this week(to be exact friday :lol: ), but i'm reading that there exists many

forms to update the original ROM that comes with the mobile.

Can somebody answer me some question please ... :

1. Which are the chronological order from all ROM that all of you talk in this forum?

2. Can somebody explain me which are the diferences about each one

3. Which is the best ROM (i'm from spain)

I think for now it's ok.

Please try to answer this questions as soon as possible to have an idea before buy this mobile

Thanks a lot. :D

1.The chronological Order of the ROM's can be found stickied in Paul's thread.

2.The differences im not sure of but i do know that different ROM's fix different bugs and improve certain things, eg.. Battery life

3.Best rom is definately NOT HH3 xD i am using this one and i hate it, but afraid of bricking my phone if i update.

Guest julio.v.g

So guys

I really want to know wich of all thr ROM's that exist, which is the best?,

and exist a ROM that make something very similar to TouchFLO from HTC?

I used HTC Touch and i really like how it works.

Something more, if not exists any form to change the appearance from the Omnia i900 to something like TouchFLO

which ROM make that the accelerometer go faster without leaving other features (radio, wifi, GPS, etc)

Please try to explain me it, and how can i do this update also.

Thanks

I did the Rom upgrade from HH3 to DXHJ1 worked without any problems. When I checked the Version I get

PDA: i900DXHJ1/DZHH3

Phone: i900DXHJ1

What is the PDA: ......../DZHH3 ?

Thanks

hi! everyone :D . who from any country , want to UPDATE ROM your OMNIA phone.( with any problem )

I show you how ! don't worry what version on your phone just change to SINGAPORE, VIETNAM..region

step1:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESet (thanks PAUL)

use window XP to update : vista not recomment {if not use VWware workstation any install windowXP , (remember choose BRIDGE netwok) }
    INSTALL omnia drive for XP
    INSTALL ActiveSnyc 4.5
    check: make sure OMNIA conect to PC
    Press on POWER omnia >>>>OFF and reconect to PC
    Press on POWER omnia >>>>ON
    RUN UPDATE and press on SESET hole(neal power )>>>you OMNIA will reset and stop on OMNIA screen >> start bar(on pc) is on
    Press START

woh ! just waiting is auto UPDATE (if stuck on 70% or...%)>> wait 30m (if nothing happen)>> restart PC, take off OMNIA batery.
    and start AGANE

JOB DONE! woh !! :P i know smile on your face :D but not done yet!
    is auto reset 1 time(5m)>>>> reset2(2m) >>>reset3 OK (just TAP on Align Screen)
    STEP3:

• Select 'YOUR CONTRYS', with the default Operator(your network in your contrys)

DONE! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

your luky day hhaah>>>> call for your girl>>>go out tonight (if no girl friend >>>>CALLgirl :P ) i'm jokeing

OK enjone YOUR OMNIA

OMNIA can beat IPHONE??? YESS >>>just dowload

SPB shell

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/m...ownload.html?it

and skin for SPB

http://tinhte.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99461

;)

ok see U ! every one ! HAVE 9 DAY :o :lol:

what if my country is not listed there......USA is not there....i'm using t-mobile in USA, so which Preconfiguration i should use?i can't my i900 to show roaming icon too? any help? thank you

Hello Guys,

I have an I900 from Orange france and would like to flash it with the latest English Rom (I900DXHJ1)

I have this version now: PDA: I900XHHH3/AFHH3

TEL: I900BVHH1

My question is do I have to "unlock" my phone like on the HTC phone in order to flash another rom, like going from a French version to a English one? Or is this what whe do by changing the default operator to "Singapore"?

At the end of the "procedure" it tells me to change the operator back to my country's default operator, what do I select for France? I am on Orange network...!

• Select 'YOUR CONTRYS', with the default Operator(your network in your contrys)

Hoping you can help me!

RGDS,

Yves

Anyone know what the meaning of the first and second set of numbers in the Rom ...... PDA:XXXXX / XXXXX . Is the second set of numbers for the radio version?

Thanks

what if my country is not listed there......USA is not there....i'm using t-mobile in USA, so which Preconfiguration i should use?i can't my i900 to show roaming icon too? any help? thank you

hi mate ! what!is that no USA? U mean after (core*#81230#)

i not sure! but just try another country which have same BAND work in US(like uk)

and i thing all they will work.

SORRY i can't help U much, or find any forum in US, goodluck

Hello Guys,

I have an I900 from Orange france and would like to flash it with the latest English Rom (I900DXHJ1)

I have this version now: PDA: I900XHHH3/AFHH3

TEL: I900BVHH1

My question is do I have to "unlock" my phone like on the HTC phone in order to flash another rom, like going from a French version to a English one? Or is this what whe do by changing the default operator to "Singapore"?

At the end of the "procedure" it tells me to change the operator back to my country's default operator, what do I select for France? I am on Orange network...!

Hoping you can help me!

RGDS,

Yves

yep ! change region just make sure U update right version, if U in contract(i mean not unlock) U have flash to Unlock(best go to PhoneUnlock shop) and then Update follow my contrustion, and select Orange network. done!

Guest mephisto75

Hi folks,

just tried to update to DZHJ1 but always get error message "incorrect Software version" although i did every thing exaclty like Alixz mentioned.

I have a german Omnia which I got 2 weeks ago.

PDA: XGHI5 / BHHI2

TELEFON: XXHH9

can anybody help me out with this?

help is also appreciated on the letters and their meaning PDA xxxxxx, TELEFON xxxxxxxx

I've tried to get some information by googling but didn't find usefull information. Specially the difference between the ROM revisions is what I'm interested in.

Guest Conrad Ha

can an i908 flash an i900 rom?? it freezes!!!

I was trying to flash the i900 j5 rom to my i908(bought in hong kong)

but it stops and freezes at 0% when downloading eboot.

I restarted it and everything was fine just like I didn't updated it.

I followed pauls steps to change my machine to singapore already.

any one can help with that???

Anyone know what the meaning of the first and second set of numbers in the Rom ...... PDA:XXXXX / XXXXX . Is the second set of numbers for the radio version?

Thanks

Check the irst post. Paul has done an excellent job.

Guest imacken
If you get 'Incorrect Software Version' when trying to update, here's the fix! B)

That fix doesn't work for me. I type in the codes on the keypad, but nothing happens.

Is there anything else that works for the 'Incorrect Software Version' issue?

Thanks.

Guest emporto

Is there a rom update available for Turkey ?

I am using the versions PDA: JUHH2 PHONE: JVHH2 If there is a newer one than this version, please let me know

Thanks

Edited by emporto

I just tried downloading the latest software from the link posted on this post:

DXHJ1 (full update, tested OK, latest English ROM): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dt1wouiltmn

It appears this is for Windows XP. I am using Vista and this doesn't work. Do you konw where I can find the Vista update version. I've tried downloading it from the Samsung website, but it continuously gives me an error saying "Connection reset by the server".

Thanks.