ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bluey09

Hi ,

I upgraded my omnia to DXHH1 rom today and im tempted to upgrade it to a newer version ... after browisng through omnia forum i found out that many of our fellow members got issues with newer version i.e HH3,HI1,HI3 ... so please can someone recomend me which one shall i ugrade to or shall i just stick to HH1 till the official versions are out !!

Thanks B)

Edited by bluey09

Guest Andy_Madrid
Can anyone tell me which of these roms are official samsung roms???????

I too would like to know which is the latest official English Samsung ROM...Is it the DXHJ1?

I bought the Omnia with the (I assume) the latest official Spanish ROM (PDA i900XJHJ1/XJHJ1 and Telephone XXHI1). I want to know if I can use the latest official English Samsung ROM to update my Omnia to English?

thanks

Guest demential

hi there. i need you help.

beeing a newbie, you will forgive me :

so : i have

PDA : i900DXHH3/DZHH3

PHONE : i900DXHH3

i live in romania (i don't know if this helps).

so : what rom whould i upgrade to ? which one is most recommended for me ?

thanks in advance

hi there. i need you help.

beeing a newbie, you will forgive me :

so : i have

PDA : i900DXHH3/DZHH3

PHONE : i900DXHH3

i live in romania (i don't know if this helps).

so : what rom whould i upgrade to ? which one is most recommended for me ?

thanks in advance

The best up to now is DXHJ1 from the Samsung official site "http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp"! Choose "Philippines"! Don't mess with custom ROMs, they are mostly for testing purpose only.

Edited by cici

Guest cheltenham2004

Hello to all,

Please take it easy on me as I am new here (I have already posted in another thread here by mistake) So onto my problem.

I have been given a Spanish Omnia Vodafone by a Friend and I want to change the language into English,I have read here and on other forums (this being the most complete) about useing the special two part code if when you try to install the rom update it says incorrect version.

However I must be an idiot because I can not get anything to work at this moment the phone is working correctly in Spanish.

The phone is PDA 1900XJ HH1 BAHH2 PHONE 1900BUHG5

All I want is to use it in English I dont mind if it is still Vodafone (prefer not)

Now I am no techie so please respond in the old pigion method .

Lastly I dont expect nothing for nothing so A working fix for this I will donate to this site as I am a member on other forum and the running costs for these popular sites is very high

Guest cojilas

so, here is my situation, can someone please help? I have a i900 that I bought from Expansys. PDA version DXHH3, Phone version DXHH3 (which I believe means its a Singapore...ROM). However, its set to Poland/Plus in the Pre-configuration area (based on the incorrect software version fix). I downloaded the HJ1 ROM from the Samsung site (for Vista), and installed, it told me wrong version. I tried switching to Singapre in the software fix, tried to install, it told me wrong version. I tried switching to UK in the software fix, downloded the new UK ROM from the Samsung site (for Vista) and tried to install, and it told me wrong version.

All I would like is to install the latest ROM (in English) that I can get, but nothing seems to be working. Do I have to use XP to do these? If so, why are they putting out a Vista version? Are the ROMs at the beginning of this post different then the ones in the Samsung site? Help!

so, here is my situation, can someone please help? I have a i900 that I bought from Expansys. PDA version DXHH3, Phone version DXHH3 (which I believe means its a Singapore...ROM). However, its set to Poland/Plus in the Pre-configuration area (based on the incorrect software version fix). I downloaded the HJ1 ROM from the Samsung site (for Vista), and installed, it told me wrong version. I tried switching to Singapre in the software fix, tried to install, it told me wrong version. I tried switching to UK in the software fix, downloded the new UK ROM from the Samsung site (for Vista) and tried to install, and it told me wrong version.

All I would like is to install the latest ROM (in English) that I can get, but nothing seems to be working. Do I have to use XP to do these? If so, why are they putting out a Vista version? Are the ROMs at the beginning of this post different then the ones in the Samsung site? Help!

it doesn't work in xp either i'm also seaching for a fix for this very annoying problem

Guest cojilas
try dxhj1

This is the one I believe that I tried. I downloaded from Samsung's site the Singapore Vista ROM, and it came down as

DXHJ1. Is there a better place to get it?

Guest demential

i tried to update my i900DXHH3/DZHH3 to HJ1, from the official website. first tried to download Philipines, and it said incorrect version.

i downloaded Singapore, and update it succesfully !

hope this is helpful

Guest cojilas
i tried to update my i900DXHH3/DZHH3 to HJ1, from the official website. first tried to download Philipines, and it said incorrect version.

i downloaded Singapore, and update it succesfully !

hope this is helpful

demential, what country is your phone set to? when you did the upgrade, what country is in the pre-configuration setting that they talk about in the first post here?

Just wondering if that affects what I need to do. Also, did you use the Vista or the XP install?

Guest Massive Attack
massive, any details on this ROM? curious

it says i900XDHK1, found it on another forum, according to page 1:

XD - Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia

Edited by Massive Attack

Guest madmossy

Hiya

After the latest official ROM for the UK Samsung Omnia on T-Mobile, as im having trouble updating via there site after using a modded ROM from this site.

Guest demential
demential, what country is your phone set to? when you did the upgrade, what country is in the pre-configuration setting that they talk about in the first post here?

Just wondering if that affects what I need to do. Also, did you use the Vista or the XP install?

my phone was dx / dz (philipines/singapore). now both are dz with HJ1. i used xp.

Guest jimy king

I'mtrying to update to vodafone's newest firmware i900ACHJ2 with their updater but I get wrong firmware . My phone is on a custome? i900DTHJ5/MCO1

can anyone helpm a newbie out?

JImy

Guest mcnab2008

I have an orange version of the Omnia which i got a few days ago, and it has the Orange software installed unfortunately, spoke to a phone shop and they pointed me here. Have gone throught the process of changing the country but it only gives me the choice of the following:

France

Poland

Spain

Swiss

United Kingdom

The version is the following :

PDA : i900XXHH1/BVHH1

PHONE: i900BVHH1

What upgrade do i need, and what steps do i take to achieve this. Is it possible to remove Orange version, i am running Vista Ultimate on Pc by the way, but do have access to Xp if needed. What will i acheive by updating, is it worth it in the end ??

Would be greatful of any help you can give.

Thanks guys, keep up the work

Chris

Guest JASTECH

Paul, it amazes me how many people "DEMAND" help by the way they type with "!!!!!!!!!!" when the ? alone will surely do the job. They buy a phone from another country and they can't read teh language and act like it's this boards error and they want it fixed NOW!!!!!...I am still over at XDA and PPCG helping here and there. I am in need of a new phone and been waiting to see what can be done with the Omnia. I see VZW will call it the i910 for there CDMA version. I am with them at this time but thought about AT&T GSM but don't know how well it will work out this way in the toolies. If I can get my hands on one I will help with editing the ROM so that it will be loaded like a Hemli ROM. Thanks, JASTECH

Guest isnips909

Hi,

I have PDA: i900DXHI2/DXHI2 Phone: i900BVHH1

I have tried all manner of ways to get the official MSHJ1 installed but still can not get past 'incorrect version'.

Does someone have a pre altered version of the update which will i can use?

Hi, I900XDHK1 is English Rom B) Can anybody help me please find real czech rom ?? I did a lots of search without any result except share4gsm. But you must pay for it which is not a problem, but there is no possibility from czech rep. PLEASE HELP ......

Edited by dkaci