ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

I have now in my Omnia the Original Samsung ROM

PDA: i900DXIA5/DZIA5

PHONE: i900DXIA2

Much better them my last DTHJ5

A lot of new Widget and now you can decide what widget willapper in Omnia Desktop

Favorite Settings

and more...

Guest ElArcangel
Hi!

Could anyone post here an australian DTHJ9 rom

or the base DTHJ9 rom?

and I also looking for hungarian rom as well.

thx

I have that rom on my omnia i900 8Gb.

I900DTHJ9/DTHJ9 for the PDA and I900XXHJ1 for the Phone. If you point me on the right direction I can download it from my phone and upload it for you and others.

Found your comment while looking to update mine so probably I wont have this version for too long.

Regards.

Guest ElArcangel

Hello everyone. I have read many posts, took a long time but it worth it if it saves me from bricking my omnia.

I have a simple question that saw nobody posted or at least I didn't found.

Samsung USB Driver says it's for CDMA phone but mine is GSM. Does the driver work anyway?

Second question and maybe simpler than the first one, I saw the Grand Prix update method but is my understanding that Samsung official updates don't need any of that and is just a simple exe file that only needs the USB driver.

Does their updater update both the PDA and Phone? do I need to be on a particular country or version prior to the update? (I know, singapur recomended, but is that correct for every update?)

Right now my phone is

PDA: i900DTHJ9/DTHJ9

Phone: I900XXHJ1

and I'm planing to move to DXIA5 or DZIA5 both samsung official. Any suggestion before starting? I asume both are the same but from diferent region (Malasya vs Singapur)

Thanks everyone. Great job by the way.

Guest ElArcangel
Hi,

Is there a Patch to improve on the battery life using official ROMs? Thanks.

From what I read, and I'm not an expert... yet, some ROMs had problems with Battery life but were solved on latest ROMs.

Upgrade to latest ROM and check how it works then.

If you want to see if your ROM is newer or older, please check this thread a few pages back. Theres a naming standard for the serial number that explain how to understand ROM's date by knowing the version naming.

Regards.

Guest Tulius
Tulius, pelo que eu sei, so da esse erro de versao quando vc esta alterando o País

exemplo, se teu onmina veio com a rom DTHJ1 e vc quer por a DXHJ9

Nao vai dar esse erro de versao se vc sempre continuar usando a mesma inicial da ROM do Páis

O meu é DT??? se eu sempre continuar atualizando apenas pra ROM com iniciais DT (Australia) eu nao vou ter nunca problemas com Versao incorreta

Pelo menos é isso que entendi lendo por ai

Desde o inicio eu tem DX y que ter sempre DX, mas nao estou podendo nem com o DX.

I don't really know why but from OCtober I'm not being able to update my OMNIA!!

Guest phewie

currently using qbus rom Q06M. I tried flashing the original samsung rom but got an error saying incorrect version ...

How do I go about solving that as i tried the steps :

• <LI itxtvisited="1">Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer <LI itxtvisited="1">With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*# <LI itxtvisited="1">Select 'Preconfiguration' <LI itxtvisited="1">Enter code *#81230*# and select OK <LI itxtvisited="1">Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator <LI itxtvisited="1">Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

but it didn't work ...

PS: solved .. i updated the roms as shown in page 1 then the official rom ... and it worked ...

Edited by phewie

Guest Pedrovisk
I have now in my Omnia the Original Samsung ROM

PDA: i900DXIA5/DZIA5

PHONE: i900DXIA2

Much better them my last DTHJ5

A lot of new Widget and now you can decide what widget willapper in Omnia Desktop

Favorite Settings

and more...

Broda,

Como vc fez para atualizar? Eu estou com a DXIA1/LFI05B e gostaria de atualizar para DXIA5.

Guest MK1983

Afternoon all.

I am running :

PDA :i900DXHI3/DHXI3

Phone: i900XXHG5

What is the latest Firmware I can safely update to? I dont understand all the different versions for different countries etc.

Thank you in advance!

Mk.

Guest peteryo
Hello there.

My version is: PDA : PAHHC

Phone - i900XXHH9

I cant update the damn phone with any official updater.

Please help me. :(

Thank you.

Hi there,

I have the same problem. My Omnia is an UK Vodafone two weeks old, which has been unlocked and debranded last week and now the version shown is:

PDA :i900XXHHC

Phone :i900XXHH9

If someone can give us some advice it will be helpful, thanks in advance.

Guest emilstudio

Hi,

my phone is from Bulgaria and is the same version:

i thing this is the firmware for Bulgaria and probably Macedonia etc..

but what is the update v. for it???

thanks

Guest peteryo
Hi there,

I have the same problem. My Omnia is an UK Vodafone two weeks old, which has been unlocked and debranded last week and now the version shown is:

If someone can give us some advice it will be helpful, thanks in advance.

What I can understand is i900XXHH9 version means:

XX is forAustria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

H is 2008

H is August

and 9 should be the last version, but I don't know if there is and updated version of firmware and how to get it.

Thanks

Edited by peteryo

Guest lee3272

debranding

im on voda uk

pda 1900 xxhdd /achh3

phone 1900 buhh2

all i want is to get rid off the voda stuff and put DXHJ1 on

read loads and even more confused now tryed to change to singapore

get 2 the second bit put *#1546792*# what do i press cos it does nothing

doesnt go onto preconfig bit

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

Edited by lee3272

Guest x3mer

PLEASE HELP!

I have GERMAN omnia, but i want ENGLISH langauge - i tried instructions above:

-download rom from samsung website for singapore region - but i get "incorrect software version" so i did next steps too

-*#1546792*#, preconfigure, select singapore, hard reset

but I STILL GET INCORRECT SOFTWARE VERSION!

it seems like german phones have more problems than the others, so if anyone managed to change german language to english, or have an idea for such problem - PLEASE RESPOND, i'm depserate.

my current version is i900XGHJ7/ANHJ2

Thank you.

Edited by x3mer

Guest DeeinSouthAfrica

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Try here for a legal Samsung upgrade. As far as I can tell it only supports 32 bit Windows and not 64 bit, which means that if I want to flash my Omnia I'm going to have to find a spare hard-drive and my 32 bit version of XP which is a pain as I am now a 64 bit Vista / Windows 7 user. B)

Guest petar_b

Hi all,

Today is 16.03.09. I found a new firmware for Singapore version: i900DZIA5_updater_xp.exe

Can be downloaded thru official samsung site.

Good luck.

Petar

Guest kosjure

hi i have taril custom rom installed

pda i900dxia5/omnia

phone i900dxia5

latest version 27.2

which is best this one or singapur or is any other beeter.

i think it's a bit laggy this one , previous taril was somehowe faster

please for advice

i don't have any other software install except for garmin

Guest ElArcangel
PLEASE HELP!

I have GERMAN omnia, but i want ENGLISH langauge - i tried instructions above:

-download rom from samsung website for singapore region - but i get "incorrect software version" so i did next steps too

-*#1546792*#, preconfigure, select singapore, hard reset

but I STILL GET INCORRECT SOFTWARE VERSION!

it seems like german phones have more problems than the others, so if anyone managed to change german language to english, or have an idea for such problem - PLEASE RESPOND, i'm depserate.

my current version is i900XGHJ7/ANHJ2

Thank you.

you have to do 2 modifications in order to cheat both the phone and the installer to believe is the correct version.

Change the phone to singapore as you mentioned but that's not enough.

On the phone you will need to change the registry to set the version to start as the upgrade region you will use, so if you will use DZIA5 or DXIA5, you have to change in your phone's registry from ANHJ2 to DZHJ2 or DXHJ2 depending on the updater you downloaded.

Te second part is to use a hex editor to edit the updater so it could accept your phone so the updater says inside that expects a phone of family i900DX or i900DZ and is finding a i900XG so change with the Hex editor to i900XG and it will accept your phone.

That will make the trick. Now. How do you edit the registry and hex edit the file. This is the ABC:

Copy regeditSTG exe file to your phone and from there in HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion change the AN on ANHJ2 to what ever two letters the updater has, usually DX or DZ if you downloaded from Philippines or Singapore.

Then, without connecting the phone, run the updater on your machine and will extract the files in your local drive at C:\Documents and Settings\<user profile>\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\setup.exe and will give you the incorrect version warning. Don't hit ok! Go to that path and copy the setup.exe to your desktop to edit it later and then hit Ok. It will delete the temp files.

Use HXDen to edit the file and starting from the bottom, the second time i900 appears will appear in this format i900DX or i900DZ without any other character after it. Change it to your version i900XG, save and close.

Don't forget to upgrade the samsung modem driver and restart your PC. This driver says it's for CDMA but also works on GSM (mine is and worked)

Now you are ready to upgrade. Be sure to have enough battery. And take a deep breath. Use the edited setup.exe from your desktop. It will take from 10 to 15 minutes to upgrade and 2 reboots after it. Also, once it restarts, you can jump into the menu you mentioned and set it back to Germany.

One piece of advice for everyone... I bought my Omnia i900 4 weeks ago and I was reading since then all this procedures, advices and experiences from others to avoid bricking my phone and just upgraded it this sunday after almost 4 weeks of reading. Do the same and learn from others success and mistakes. It worths it.

Good luck.

HxDen.zip

regeditSTG.zip

SamsungModem_xp.zip

Edited by ElArcangel

Guest Tulius
Broda,

Como vc fez para atualizar? Eu estou com a DXIA1/LFI05B e gostaria de atualizar para DXIA5.

Dear LA folks:

I have now the same same same versions as BRODA. 3 differents on the same phone.

The point here is to add for the first time the right value on the phone´s registry, in the Custom User(Control Panel/Version.

I could update for the first time only when I've added this key. There are some guides to do this on the net.

Now, I download both DX and DZ and always 1 of those works fine.

Guest iKashmir

hi everyone!

i have a omnia in italian language, but i wanna change to portuguese language!

the phone version is:

PDA: i900XIHG3/XIHG3

TELEF: i900XXHG3

i need a 'how to' because i'm new on this! can anyone help me, pls?

(sorry for bad english...)

PORTUGUESE VERSION (para os brasileiros e portugueses)

Bom, como dito acima estou com um omnia com a versão demonstrada, e o mesmo está com a linguagem em italiano

e gostaria de mudar para o português! eu gostaria q alguém me explicasse passo-a-passo como faço isso, pq realmente

sou novo nessas coisas! desde antes, obrigado!

Guest cobrica

I have now Tarils ROM DXIA5 but i want to have original ROM on my mobile version DXIA5.

How i install it? When i want to install i get incorrect version,but i change it in Philiphines i think!

Guest ElArcangel
hi everyone!

i have a omnia in italian language, but i wanna change to portuguese language!

the phone version is:

PDA: i900XIHG3/XIHG3

TELEF: i900XXHG3

i need a 'how to' because i'm new on this! can anyone help me, pls?

(sorry for bad english...)

PORTUGUESE VERSION (para os brasileiros e portugueses)

Bom, como dito acima estou com um omnia com a versão demonstrada, e o mesmo está com a linguagem em italiano

e gostaria de mudar para o português! eu gostaria q alguém me explicasse passo-a-passo como faço isso, pq realmente

sou novo nessas coisas! desde antes, obrigado!

you have my step by step 2 coments above.

Cheers.