Samsung Omnia i900 now available on O2 FREE and with goodies!

Guest PaulOBrien

Beginning to wish I hadn't rushed into getting my diamond (exactly 1 month ago) on Orange upgrade....... anyone got any ideas as to how I could get them to take it back and send me an Omnia????!!

Garmin XT is 'offboard' navigation, so doesn't use any data.

P

so how does it work/track where you are?

---

and rossy i guess ebay is the best thing to do...only about £100 difference if you sell it on ebay and the the omnia

Er GPRS IS the mobile data connection, so what you use depends on what you do (e.g. surfing etc.)

P

yeah and i remember reading somewhere that using GPRS for navigation software, it takes 0.6mbs to get a connection then for 30 minutes its 15mbs but i dont really know if thats true or not? i think it was on the vodafone website or something

From Orange high street stores, i can say the Omnia on offer from O. is 16gb. It's in black & white (or black and orange shall i say): '16GB internal memory' as printed on the phone description. I wish i could verify that on the phone, tho there's no demo available (only dummies).

can anyone who got an omnia from Orange confirm it is indeed 16GB?

Guest starstrike
From Orange high street stores, i can say the Omnia on offer from O. is 16gb. It's in black & white (or black and orange shall i say): '16GB internal memory' as printed on the phone description. I wish i could verify that on the phone, tho there's no demo available (only dummies).

can anyone who got an omnia from Orange confirm it is indeed 16GB?

A few of us are getting it tomorrow.. the earliest you can get it from upgrades/orange direct.. I played with a real one in an Orange store on Oxford St on Saturday but didnt look at mem.. I am sure it is 16gb though.

should I go on a mission to get my diamond swapped for an Omnia (is it worth it???)...... I have had a lot of problems with Orange recently and am considering sending an email to the executive team (perhaps worth a try).

Guest fenomeno83

I have post my request in about 5-6 forums..noone can upoload 1-2 or 3 videos take with omnia :D

I d0nt understand why..I'd see quality of videos with new rom, because in Italy there is old rom and video aren't good

Why do you want to swap?

P

I don't actually know!!! I do really like my diamond, but am frustrated by the battery life and the lack of camera flash etc...... and the Omnia seems to win on these features.

If they had both come out on the same date..... which would you have gone for? (please don't say both!!!!)

Thanks

R

Guest starstrike

My Omnia has come from Orange!

It is Factory boxed (like Paul's) and 16gb with a getting started card/booklet from Orange and the sim put in the top. The best phone I have ever got from Orange I am sure it will be unlocked as well..

Guest WearTheFoxHat
should I go on a mission to get my diamond swapped for an Omnia (is it worth it???)...... I have had a lot of problems with Orange recently and am considering sending an email to the executive team (perhaps worth a try).

Good lucky trying to get any kind of Service out of Orange's Customer Service team.

Guest blackhorse
So this is weird... mobiles have had to pull the O2 version!

P

Hi Paul, the 16GB is exclusive to Orange at the moment, ive checked our stock and we deffo have the 16gb model

I am told by head office no other network should be offering this handset at the moment as we have a deal with samsung

i got my contract yesterday:

16GB

1200 minutes

unlimited texts (i chose unlimited texts over unlimited internet but i can change it any time)

for £34 when its normally £45 :D (but i used to work there)

The phone is amazing...way better than any of the n series phones that i have owned and better than the diamond that i played with...and i prefer it over the iphone mainly due to the camera and battery (i couldve got the iphone or this and im glad i chose the omnia now)

anyone know how to turn 3G off? im not going to be using it right now so no point having it on

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.