Omnia battery life

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gemmac

Paul,

please talk/type to me like Im an idiot.

whats does this mean exactly and how do i do it:

"recommend first flashing the Portugese HG5 complete flash via 'Grand Prix', then flashing HH1 using chaimd's updater. "

ITS OK I got it now lol

hey Paul, just to let you know my flatmate is on DXHG5! so that explains it.

Yes Fizz it's kinda annoying, guys I'm taking a deep breath and I'm gonna go for it.

Will I lose everything on it so far?

thanks

xGem

Edited by Gemmac

ok, so just to let you know my battery has definitely improved.

I can now get 2.5 days out of it, medium usage.

Before it was dying by the afternoon when I had fully charged over night.

Not sure if it's just settled down or def due to upgrade

but cheers anyway Paul and others, I like my newly updated Omnia!

(still hate the video recording quality though! lol)

xGem

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jonnyw2k

Hey im on t-mobile and my firmware version is

PDA i900XXHH7/BOHH5

Phone i900BOHH2

and my battery life is appauling about a day(14hours) with low usage

another thing i noticed, the power button was lit up green but it seemed to stop charging at around 90% earlier

I started out on XXHG5 when first got the phone, battery lasted about 3 days light usage 3G mostly.

Then upgraded to DXHH3 battery life dropped dramatically all same settings about 1.5 days :wacko:

Couple of days ago upgraded again to DXHI1 and the excellent battery life has been restored been going 1.5 days now with 60% left and thats with abit of GPS usage too on google maps TT7 and Garmin Mobile (not all at once ofcourse ;))

Guest Jonnyw2k

thats soo wierd how firmware can make such an issue, do you know if a samsung repair center will update the firmware for you? or do you have to do it yourself and send it to them if it goes rong?

Guest CashMonkey

I have been testing the ROM's - G4, HH1, HH3 and now I1...they absoluetly dictate the perofrmance of the battery. So far G4 and I1 have been the best. Currently on I1 (sick of updating ROM's and only done it three times...). The HH ROM's in my view simply did not have any power management capability - something was seriously wrong with the operating system. I would barely get a day on HH3 and previously with G4 I got 3, sometimes 4 days. Back on I1 I get very similar to G4 - maybe slightly less but it is so little it could be perception.

My battery is dead after a day of not using it, i.e. 10 mins phone, 15 mins browsing that's all and after a day 8-22 it's completely empty.

I'm on HI1 firmware now, according to battery life for me HH3 was a lot better and lasted at least 2 days!

Dunno what to do now, upgrade to HI2 or downgrade to HH3 or wait... :S

Really strange to see other ppl are experiencing the opposite?!

Guest OrphanJoe

Hi all,

I am using my omina with I1 rom and its got an excellent battery life without connecting any bluetooth handsfree

10 to 20 phone calls, wifi for 1 hr per day can still have 80% left (8:00 a.m to 23:30 p.m)

However when I connected omina to my bt headset, the battery indicator will drop very fast in 20% each whatever you don't use the phone, and after 10~14 hrs it will turn off because of no battery. I've been try the rom G8, G9, H1, H3 & I1 and have the same issues.

Does anyone have the same problem? My bluetooth headset is Sony DSC-BT15N

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my poor english ;)

Guest CashMonkey

Strange to hear all these battery issues with same ROM's. Typically now my usage is this:

- 30 mins phone calls

- 10 of them via blue tooth

- Maybe 10 PIM lookups

- 5 texts

- Some photo viewing

And at the end of the day I'll have 80% left....very happy. I am not NOT doing another ROM up(down)grade based on your reports fellow Omnians. I wish you the best in trying to succeed with this obvious issue. CHeers CM

Guest fychan

Hi guys...

the following are my results on Music listening using Hi1 ROM....

Blank Screen Continuons Music Listening without Bluetooth...no phonecalls/Data connection: 4Hrs (20% left)

Blank Screen Continuous Music Listening With Bluetooh...no phonecalls/Data connection: 3Hrs+ (20% left)

I also noticed my battery drains real fast whenever data conection/phonecall is active.

Hence, I have now switched to scheduled 15mins sync for activesync....in addition set it to disconnect upon no data connection within 60 sec.

Overall, Hi1 ROM is the best rom so far...... very big improvement over G4 and HH3...

regards

FY

Guest thegoodly

my battery was ok with HG5, verging on ridiculas on HH3, but both HI1 and HI2 have been outstanding. my last charge was sunday night and im just on 30% as i type..... typical usage using power save, and hsdpa disabled.

average per day.... 25ish txts, 15-30 mins phone calls, 20 mins web/ email, 60 mins games, bit of camera action, and a bit of picture viewing..

so im lovin it!!! well impressed..

Guest M Azmin Ishak

I am running on HI1/HI2 (pda/phone) and really satisfied with the battery performance. still retain more than 50% after 24 hours.

No other Windows Mobile phones out there can last that long...

Just to share about this battery issue, before I upgrade to this HI1, I even managed to get a new battery from Samsung service centre when I went there to complaint on the battery issue. They are so kind you know....easily I can get a new battery.

But then I realised it is not the battery but the so-called official ROM from Samsung (at that time i am using HH1 ROM).

Really glad that Secany produced this HI1/HI2 ROM.

How do you do that?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

SuspendResume = GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime = xxx (where xxx are seconds before auto disconnect, for me the best value is 60)

Edited by DeOS

Guest testerr
Blank Screen Continuons Music Listening without Bluetooth...no phonecalls/Data connection: 4Hrs (20% left)

Blank Screen Continuous Music Listening With Bluetooh...no phonecalls/Data connection: 3Hrs+ (20% left)

Which player you have used?

(Some time ago I make similar tests on HTC Prophet with differents players and I found that MortPlayer was most battery optimized mp3 player)

• 2 weeks later...

My new Omnia had a bad battery life also less than a few hours....i thought myabe all the gps, wifi and bluetooth apps ive installed so i did a hard reset. Now on a clean phone the battery life is perfect. I reinstalled port splitter and GPS test software and now the battery life has gone down a couple of bars already in 3 hours. So there the programs draining the life out of my new Omnia what do i do now if i want to use some new GPS software to navigate with (was going to install Garmin XT)

Guest Quist09

Of course battery life can be affected by the rom installed, but generally it has to do with how you use it from there. I've only had a problem with HH3, but otherwise on all of the roms I installed it was pretty much the same.

I thrash the power with ActiveSync always on, about 20-30 received emails with as many replies, fring is always on, I also use Today 2 which seems to drain more than the widgets (I have rss and weather today apps that download data as well), I make maybe 3-4 mobile calls a day and occasionally surf heavily. All of this leaves me with about 20-40% in a day starting at 8am (greenlight charged indicator) to about 3am. I should also mention I'm in a very good 3G connection area. I also have my vibrate set to the strongest setting possible.

If I use the internal GPS without connecting to a charger, it will eat through my battery FAST. The camera app also seems to be a battery hog, unfortunately.

Still, given the fact that I can reliably use my phone for my business, be ready to receive Internet calls at all hours of the day and surf quite a bit, I'm thrilled about knowing I'll make it through the day. On my TyTN, I was lucky to get half way through a business day, much less a real day. On my various Nokia smart phones, the battery wasn't so much an issue, but I had to keep turning them on and off throughout the day for various hangs (I know I'm in the minority to have been able to abuse the stable Symbian platform.)

Guest aar0n_91

how do i disable the little 3g icon from being in the top of my home screen.

ie i want to only use 2g network because battery life is shocking when 3g is enabled

this is the rom ism using: PDA i900DXHH3/DZHH3

PHONE i900DXHH3

i got that from the official samsung mobile website. im a vista ultimate user so i dont want to upgrade to DXHJ1 incase of bricking it. my point is, is that rom draining my battery aswell??

okay thanx in advance

cheers guys

Edited by aar0n_91

• 1 month later...
Guest DCturbo

Hello, my maiden post! B)

I can confirm that upgrading to the latest firmware of HJ1 ... saw my batt life being conserved muchx10 better!!!!

Used to have the batt life drained overnight to 40% .....

But now .... my batt life is at 60-80% after similar usage ... incredible ....