TV out cable

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When you say superb do you mean its like DVD quality, as I’ve just received mine and the quality is like one of those cam movies you download, I’ve tried in a 17” and 32” TV, doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference in quality between those sizes which is a bit strange, also the volume is very low (probably to save battery) so you need to turn the volume up high, but I certainly could watch a movie without spoiling my enjoyment.

Guest Unisoldrew

Not DVD quality because the video file on the phone isn't to that quality.

It is VERY good though - maybe down to the quality of my TV setup?

I've used SPB Mobile DVD to convert the file (which is good except 400x240 isn't supported) but need to find time to try some more app's to get best result.

Edited by Unisoldrew

Thanks for the info

Just tried WM player and on a 32”TV its almost like a DVD which’s a bit unfortunate as most of my stuff is divx which I download, so my default player is coreplayer, its a shame it can’t output with the same quality so now I got to convert everything.

I’m very impressed with the quality its like having a DVD in your pocket.

Guest Rafael Bonilla

Hi everybody, this is my first post.

I would like to know if this tv out cable will work with the Samsung Omnia and produce the best possible output quality. It is sold in Amazon.com.

Thanks,

Rafael

Guest Shai Levy

I would like to know if this tv out cable will work with the Samsung Omnia and produce the best possible output quality. It is sold in Amazon.com.

Thanks,

Rafael

I see there is no charging option with this cable (or any other cable), can you estimate how long will it will it play a video without the battery draining out ?

[will it be enough to see a 2hours movie ?]

Edited by Shai Levy

Guest Unisoldrew
I see there is no charging option with this cable (or any other cable), can you estimate how long will it will it play a video without the battery draining out ?

[will it be enough to see a 2hours movie ?]

I recently played a 2 hour film which used only about 25% of battery

Quite reasonable i thought.

Guest Michael122w

Thanks,

Rafael

Rafael - read post #21 in this thread. It suggests that u900 cables works fine - they also have the same part number.

Guest Jokes On You
I recently played a 2 hour film which used only about 25% of battery

Quite reasonable i thought.

Wow that is reasonable. Where you running any today plugins in the background?

@ Shai Levy the Omnia doesnt have a splitter such as the Diamond so there is no charge option while using t.v out. B) Also there is a form here http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...how-to-make-it/ that shows you how to make a a double cable but I not being a great with that kind of stuff have not been able to try it

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest Rafael Bonilla
Rafael - read post #21 in this thread. It suggests that u900 cables works fine - they also have the same part number.

Thanks for your replay. I read that post but I just wanted to be 100%. I guess I should be sure from the beginning :-). Anyway, that cable can be an option for people in the US. Another option (less expensive) can be found here.

• 4 months later...