What navigation is being used

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest IZIIZI
I have managed to get TT7 running on mine also.

I used a naughty version from a torrent - I wish manufacturers would released programs / updates to their software in time for release of new phones. It would stop a lot of playing around and for 60 quid I would rather have given them and saved my many hours fiddling.

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=1...mp;#entry743051

use the above link to get tomtom running really well!

Guest Geronymous
About 10 seconds for me (without gate that is)

Hi blackhorse, can you confirm the GPS settings you are using? I would like to get this to work without GPSGate if possible... :D

Guest Fizz_daz

never got mine to work without gps gate.. even with an external reciever..... but with gpsgate and a little script to start them both off it works like a dream now.. happy and content and not lost...

Guest CoolHotCold

????

I've been using com Port 3,  Baud band 4800 on other NMEA and it picks up satilites fine without having to use any other programs...

Picks up 2 to 3 (lockable) satilites inside my house (bottom floor, stone walls) within a minute... and it picks up a good 15 outside in 10 seconds...

Tis like what Paul saidm  Use com 3 and baud 4800 on TT7

Guest unclesomebody

Just to clear up the confusion... There are a number of versions of TT7 floating around the internet, and they are not all the same. Some of them work just fine with the inbuilt omnia gps and other's don't, which is why people are using gpsgate.

Perhaps when there is a legal copy for sale you can be sure it will work on your omnia without any problems!

Guest Hendrickson
Just to clear up the confusion... There are a number of versions of TT7 floating around the internet, and they are not all the same. Some of them work just fine with the inbuilt omnia gps and other's don't, which is why people are using gpsgate.

Perhaps when there is a legal copy for sale you can be sure it will work on your omnia without any problems!

Im am using both Garmin Xt and Tomtom 7 without GPS gate runs fine on internal GPS.

make sure you use these settings:

External GPS Settings :

Program tab : COM2

Hardware : COM9 @9600

Access : enable the checkbox

Tomtom :

Other NMEA GPS @4800 on COM2

Guest blackhorse
Hi blackhorse, can you confirm the GPS settings you are using? I would like to get this to work without GPSGate if possible... :D

Mine works without GPS gate, gets signal within 10 seconds

Settings are:

Other, 4800, Com3

Oh and make sure Enhanced GPS in settings is on

Edited by blackhorse

Guest unclesomebody

A quick tip for those trying to get their tomtom settings to work with the internal gps... Perform a soft reset when you've changed all the settings. Mine wasn't working, but after a soft reset it picked up a number of birds and is working fine now.

Guest fridgeman

Settings are:

Other, 4800, Com3

What version is the Tomtom you are running?

Hi Paul, I'm using garmin xt on my omnia, because is the one who runs maps from argentina, but I found that it takes to much time to find the satellites. Can you tell me how to set up the coms, I've in com 3 the software and com 9 the hardware, and have the rom g3. Thanks Alberto

No need for GPSgate, just use 'Other NMEA GPS' at 4800 on COM3.

P

Guest Geronymous

Settings are:

Other, 4800, Com3

I have 7.450 (9030). Same settings as above (COM3, 4800)

What I have noticed is that, even without GPSGate, and outside, I get a fix after "exactly" 10 seconds after soft-resetting the Omina, and same happens if I try a while thereafter... but if I try again hours later (after having used the Omnia for other stuff), it does NOT get a fix anymore, not even after 2 minutes or so (it does see satellites, but at "zero" strength")... it just stays at "Poor GPS reception". If I then soft-reset the device, it picks up again a good signal after 10 seconds! Strange, isn't it?

Besides, the GPS seems to affect the time within TomTom... it keeps increasing the time at random intervals it seems.

Anyone experiencing the same as a I am? Or even more important... anyone NOT experiencing this (and in that case, any chance you can specify FULLY the TT version)? :D (Why are these TT guys not bringing up new WM versions??? Now they are "forcing" people to get "special" releases...)

Edited by Geronymous

Guest Omnia_1
I have 7.450 (9030). Same settings as above (COM3, 4800)

What I have noticed is that, even without GPSGate, and outside, I get a fix after "exactly" 10 seconds after soft-resetting the Omina, and same happens if I try a while thereafter... but if I try again hours later (after having used the Omnia for other stuff), it does NOT get a fix anymore, not even after 2 minutes or so (it does see satellites, but at "zero" strength")... it just stays at "Poor GPS reception". If I then soft-reset the device, it picks up again a good signal after 10 seconds! Strange, isn't it?

Besides, the GPS seems to affect the time within TomTom... it keeps increasing the time at random intervals it seems.

Anyone experiencing the same as a I am? Or even more important... anyone NOT experiencing this (and in that case, any chance you can specify FULLY the TT version)? :D (Why are these TT guys not bringing up new WM versions??? Now they are "forcing" people to get "special" releases...)

Yep Tomtom is having issues and similar to this is Destinator and R66, after a certain time they just cant lock on to satelites(even with GPRS), but one is working all the time everytime for me and even without any GPRS settings... iGO8, however, it 'only' works with the SIM in the phone. I locked satelites around 3 mins first time and then 10 seconds there-after, Note that if you softreset then the lock will take 3 mins again.

On a brighter note there is an Omnia released with Tomtom preinstalled so lets hope we can either buy it or

What are others thoughts on Tomtom and why it stops working after a time?

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest Neil5459

Are there any power saving utilities installed on the Omnia? Some utilities like Pocket Toolman include the option to turn off hardware devices after a set time; if the GPS receiver is being turned off, then maybe some apps have trouble turning it on again?

I saw a similar issue with my Diamond. For some unfathomable reason, iGO kept reporting GPS Disconnected then reconnected after a few seconds. I eventually checked Pocket Toolman and saw the Power Save screen I'd previously ignored! Removed PTM, soft reset and all was well again :D

Guest Omnia_1
Are there any power saving utilities installed on the Omnia? Some utilities like Pocket Toolman include the option to turn off hardware devices after a set time; if the GPS receiver is being turned off, then maybe some apps have trouble turning it on again?

I saw a similar issue with my Diamond. For some unfathomable reason, iGO kept reporting GPS Disconnected then reconnected after a few seconds. I eventually checked Pocket Toolman and saw the Power Save screen I'd previously ignored! Removed PTM, soft reset and all was well again :D

Thanks for the tip, could it really be that simple? I hope that it is, thanks.

EDIT: Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be the Power Save, Ive tried all tt7 versions that I could find and get the same result, Tomtom connects 3-4 times no probs then it just stops working!

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest mutant04

After messing around with various settings, I finally got my Tom Tom 7 to work. I too find that the time keeps increasing at random intervals, usually about an hour forward????

I found that if you turn the Omnia so its landscape, then turn is back again to portrait, it seems to re-adjust the time back to the correct time.... strange.

Guest Joost39

Garmin Mobile XT works great without problems... and looks nice too on the 3,2 inch screen! ;)

Tomtom7 in black or blue version 7.45.9028 looks nice too... :wacko:

Both with the same default Omnia GPS settings, just dont touch the default ones....

Edited by Joost39

Guest mashimus

For some reason, I still can't get TomTom 7.450 (9028) or 7.450 (9030) to pick up a GPS signal. I left everything default: COM3 / COM9 4800 Baud, and in TomTom: 'Other NMEA GPS' at 4800 on COM3. But I can never pick up a signal. It's always "Poor GPS Reception"... ;)

My question is... people using 7.450.9030, did you "upgrade" from 7.450.9028 with one file? ...

I can only get TomTom to work with GPSGate... am I missing something... ? ...