What navigation is being used

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest Geronymous
For some reason, I still can't get TomTom 7.450 (9028) or 7.450 (9030) to pick up a GPS signal. I left everything default: COM3 / COM9 4800 Baud, and in TomTom: 'Other NMEA GPS' at 4800 on COM3. But I can never pick up a signal. It's always "Poor GPS Reception"... ;)

My question is... people using 7.450.9030, did you "upgrade" from 7.450.9028 with one file? ...

I can only get TomTom to work with GPSGate... am I missing something... ? ...

Using GPSGate you can get a fix "always". Without GPSGate I only get a fix if I soft reset the Omnia and then open TT... for some reason after a while this does not work anymore.

Guest gavinfabl

I use COPilot 7 (in UK) . I have found CO7 only works properly in Portrait mode, but does shine in this mode. Way more info than using other devices eg Samsung i780 and HP 914c.

I use COPilot 7 (in UK) . I have found CO7 only works properly in Portrait mode, but does shine in this mode. Way more info than using other devices eg Samsung i780 and HP 914c.

I have TT6 but it will not pick up a GPS signal with or without GPS gate. Both apps know that the receiver is there, and GPSgate is getting valid positional data, but TomTom won't lock on. Have tried changing com ports to no avail. Google Maps works.

Any ideas anyone?

I have 7.450 (9030). Same settings as above (COM3, 4800)

What I have noticed is that, even without GPSGate, and outside, I get a fix after "exactly" 10 seconds after soft-resetting the Omina, and same happens if I try a while thereafter... but if I try again hours later (after having used the Omnia for other stuff), it does NOT get a fix anymore, not even after 2 minutes or so (it does see satellites, but at "zero" strength")... it just stays at "Poor GPS reception". If I then soft-reset the device, it picks up again a good signal after 10 seconds! Strange, isn't it?

Im using iGO8 v8.0.0.49545 that supports portret mode so its looks pretty good. but Im having the same problem as Geronymous. after a couple of hours of playing with the device I cant get a fix even if I wait for 10 min. I also installed McGuider and have the same problem here. after I soft reset omnia I get a fix within 5 -10 sec. but after a couple of hours the same problem with no fix.

so my question is can I also use GPSgate for iGo 8 and what settings should I enter in GPSgate in order to get a quick fix?

Guest datafanatic

Hi Everyone,

I tried TomTom 7 Navigator, and although it got a fix the first time i used it, subsequent attempts resulted in no fix whatsoever. Even with Xtra enabled and after numerous soft resets, it still would not get a fix. I tried the solutions posted within this topic, and even they wouldn't work (GPSGate would indicate all was ok, but still no fix).

I then moved over to iGO8......and all i can say is WOW. I love this app. I've installed the Ultra Skin (for Omnia), have loads of maps, buildings, poi, UK TTS, speedcam warnings (voice), and i can report that even after numerous uses, using other apps then coming back, soft resets, iGO8 gets a lock within 1min everytime (for some reason i have to keep the Xtra setting enabled in aGPS - without i couldn't get a lock for at least 10mins).

Wouldn't go back to TomTom now.

Hope this helps anyone make a decision.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

Guest cidriver

I'm still fighting with my TT V7.450 (9028)

What that I have on my External GPS;

COM 2

COM 9 - 9600

Automatic (recomended)

Other NMEA - 9600

COM2 and... nothing happend, just see 8 and sometimes a couple more, grey circles and still looking, working but nothing else.

I'm still make probes, as soon as a have a good combination I'll share with you.

I have 7.450 (9030). Same settings as above (COM3, 4800)

What I have noticed is that, even without GPSGate, and outside, I get a fix after "exactly" 10 seconds after soft-resetting the Omina, and same happens if I try a while thereafter... but if I try again hours later (after having used the Omnia for other stuff), it does NOT get a fix anymore, not even after 2 minutes or so (it does see satellites, but at "zero" strength")... it just stays at "Poor GPS reception". If I then soft-reset the device, it picks up again a good signal after 10 seconds! Strange, isn't it?

Besides, the GPS seems to affect the time within TomTom... it keeps increasing the time at random intervals it seems.

Anyone experiencing the same as a I am? Or even more important... anyone NOT experiencing this (and in that case, any chance you can specify FULLY the TT version)? ;) (Why are these TT guys not bringing up new WM versions??? Now they are "forcing" people to get "special" releases...)

I have the same issue as you - no fix in TT7.450.9028 - but Garmin gets a fix in 4-7 secs.?

Edited by Joost39

Guest datafanatic
I have the same issue as you - no fix in TT7.450.9028 - but Garmin gets a fix in 4-7 secs.?

Same here - could only get grey circles, no fix (TT7.450.9028), but now i have iGO8 - fix in under 30secs.

All good ;)

Laterz

Datafanatic

Hi Everyone,

I tried TomTom 7 Navigator, and although it got a fix the first time i used it, subsequent attempts resulted in no fix whatsoever. Even with Xtra enabled and after numerous soft resets, it still would not get a fix. I tried the solutions posted within this topic, and even they wouldn't work (GPSGate would indicate all was ok, but still no fix).

I then moved over to iGO8......and all i can say is WOW. I love this app. I've installed the Ultra Skin (for Omnia), have loads of maps, buildings, poi, UK TTS, speedcam warnings (voice), and i can report that even after numerous uses, using other apps then coming back, soft resets, iGO8 gets a lock within 1min everytime (for some reason i have to keep the Xtra setting enabled in aGPS - without i couldn't get a lock for at least 10mins).

Wouldn't go back to TomTom now.

Hope this helps anyone make a decision.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

Been looking for iGO8 where did you get it from?

Guest martinsa

I have a t-mobile uk i900, and GPS just wasn’t working (just trying Gogle maps and Live Search). Didn’t seem to matter what COM port I set in ‘external GPS’ nothing seemed to work. And the camera app would never geo tag!

Thought I’d give GPSGate a go… and when it searched, it skips COM 3 as it says its reserved for IR!

Swtched it to COM4 in ‘external GPS’ and GPSGate found it. Left the default options for it forwarding on to COM 1.

Set google maps to COM1, and it worked. Set Live Maps to COM1 and it too worked.

Then I disabled GPSGate, and set google to COM 4 and it worked! Live did not work on COM4, but did work setting it to let Windows Mobile to handle GPS. Now the camera application geo tags just fine too.

Only just tried this so it will be interesing to see if it stays working……

Martin.

Guest Stiophan
For some reason, I still can't get TomTom 7.450 (9028) or 7.450 (9030) to pick up a GPS signal. I left everything default: COM3 / COM9 4800 Baud, and in TomTom: 'Other NMEA GPS' at 4800 on COM3. But I can never pick up a signal. It's always "Poor GPS Reception"... ;)

My question is... people using 7.450.9030, did you "upgrade" from 7.450.9028 with one file? ...

I can only get TomTom to work with GPSGate... am I missing something... ? ...

Here is a little late answer. Firsst of all use "FastGPS" (?) to find the sattelites. Then open TOMTOM7. First time you use it you must be under open air, and even outside it will take up to 5 minuttes to get signal. But that is only the first time. Sorry for bad english..

Guest Geronymous
Here is a little late answer. Firsst of all use "FastGPS" (?) to find the sattelites. Then open TOMTOM7. First time you use it you must be under open air, and even outside it will take up to 5 minuttes to get signal. But that is only the first time. Sorry for bad english..

Can you be more specific about what this "FastGPS" is? Never heard of it... where to find it?

does iGO v8 really work on omnia?....as stated on navngo website it is compatible with vga and qvga devices...no word about wqvga support

are there any other sw confirmed to work on omnia apart from tomtom7? what about navigon mobile navigator?...always liked navigon features and gui

Edited by m4t3y

Guest datafanatic
does iGO v8 really work on omnia?....as stated on navngo website it is compatible with vga and qvga devices...no word about wqvga support

are there any other sw confirmed to work on omnia apart from tomtom7? what about navigon mobile navigator?...always liked navigon features and gui

Hi m4t3y,

Yes, i can confirm (along with L.P) that iGO8 does indeed work for the Omnia, BUT you must ensure your sys.txt file is set out correctly, and you must also have the correct data.zip file with the 400_240 (or 240_400) folder in it. Having this zip file ensures the correct screen resolution is used.

You also have a PM.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

Guest jonboyuk

I use Igo8 too. My only problem with it, is I listen to music from my phone also in my car via my bluetooth headunit. Running Igo8 and WMPlayer simultaneously sometimes is okay, but usually stutters on music. This never happens on TT because it's more lightweight. Pooh! If only TomTom worked (without GPSGate)

Guest Tommy Squeaker

Could someone please give me a bit of guidance to get my Tom Tom 6 working on my Omnia.

My TT6 is on my memory card in my Vario 3, received my Omnia, so i put my memory card into it, TT started to run, but when i get to language choice, as soon as i click on English, it just got back to the today screen and thats all. Should i transfer all the files to the phones memory, if so where?

Thanks for any help, currently still have to carry round my Vario3 for Sat Nav use.

Guest billyboy
Could someone please give me a bit of guidance to get my Tom Tom 6 working on my Omnia.

My TT6 is on my memory card in my Vario 3, received my Omnia, so i put my memory card into it, TT started to run, but when i get to language choice, as soon as i click on English, it just got back to the today screen and thats all. Should i transfer all the files to the phones memory, if so where?

Yes, surely there is a brainiac out there who has Tom Tom 6 working on their Omnia.

I'm not too sure of the legitimacy of my TT6 installation (it came with a map of Australia), but I have since purchased Western Europe and Eastern Europe maps which have been very handy over here running beautifully on my Palm Treo 750, however, I would love to see Tom Tom working on my Omnia with my already purchased maps.

My kingdom for a solution! ;)

Hi m4t3y,

Yes, i can confirm (along with L.P) that iGO8 does indeed work for the Omnia, BUT you must ensure your sys.txt file is set out correctly, and you must also have the correct data.zip file with the 400_240 (or 240_400) folder in it. Having this zip file ensures the correct screen resolution is used.

You also have a PM.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

Hi, I just bought OCN8, the US version of iGo and am stuck in landscape mode after changing the orientation in the program's settings. Can you tell me what changes are needed in the sys.txt file? Also is it safe to edit the data.zip file on the storage card? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked the data.zip file and the 400*240 and 240*400 folders are already present.

Edited by efjay

Guest datafanatic
Hi, I just bought OCN8, the US version of iGo and am stuck in landscape mode after changing the orientation in the program's settings. Can you tell me what changes are needed in the sys.txt file? Also is it safe to edit the data.zip file on the storage card? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked the data.zip file and the 400*240 and 240*400 folders are already present.

Hi fella,

Can you paste your sys.txt file so i can see it please? If you have the 240_400 and 400_240 folders in the data.zip file you should be ok, but if you start iGO8 in landscape mode it will stay in that mode. If you start it in portrait, likewise it will stay in portrait.

Not sure about editing the .zip file as i've no need to do that as of yet.

Also, if you've installed the Omnia Ultra Skin, iGO8 will again only work in landscape mode.

Let's see your sys.txt and we can go from there.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

PS: What version of iGO8/OCN8 are you using? Have latest version but haven't tested it yet - no reason to believe it won't work (unlike TomB****yTom!!)

I just reinstalled OCN (still starts in landscape mode) and this is what is in my sys.txt:

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/OCN8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

I cant get to the version infomation at the moment but I remember the map data is 04-2008.

Edited by efjay

Guest datafanatic
I just reinstalled OCN (still starts in landscape mode) and this is what is in my sys.txt:

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/OCN8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

I cant get to the version infomation at the moment but I remember the map data is 04-2008.

This is what my sys.txt file looks like:

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

skin="ui_igo8"

resolution_dir="400_240"

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

vga=0

[sound]

ding=0

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=400

screen_y=240

class="landscape"

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=9000

[poi]

enable_pois_before_080217=1

[debug]

skip_eula=1

smart_2d=1

enable_roadshadow=1

[msnd]

msnd.start=0

Mine always starts in landscape mode, so the common factor here is the 'resolution_dir' which you need to ensure is either 400_240 if you always want landscape, or 240_400 if you want portrait. You may also want to try changing the values in 'rawdisplay' to 240_400, and change 'class' to portrait. As i've already said, as far as i'm aware, iGO8 does not support follow device rotation, therefore, whichever orientation you start iGO8, it will stay in that orientation.

Are you wanting iGO8 to always be in portrait mode??

Hope this helps, any more pointers let me know.

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

PS: Sorry took so long to reply, just watched the first episode of the new series from JJ Abrams - Fringe - OMG bloomin' brilliant - highly recommended when it hits Sky1 on Sun 5th Oct :wacko:

Edited by datafanatic