Reconstructed DX1HH ROM!

Guest M Azmin Ishak

Guest brunopais
Grand Prix should pick up the device when you hit the reset pin.

FWIW I successfully flashed that HH1 BIN file before recommending it to you...

P

I did it on my own risk, so no blaming from me.

Regarding the reset pin, I have tried it, but XP doesn't recognize the device anymore. Tries to install a new driver.......

I reinstalled the Samsung modem driver with no success.

Guest robertoaitor

hello, I think I'm doing something wrong but that can not be aver if I can help: I have Grandprix to view and enter into the PDA. I have the last ActiveSync and cable moden for hearing. Turn the pda tells me: OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVALPDA Device not found. Somebody knows I can do. I have switched to Singapore

Guest last21

I flash my Omnia with this H1 ROM. All went well. The problem possible is your computer or may be damaged BIN while download. Before some of the members mention that they have problem with original G4 from Samsung site also. Some of the members flash Omnia sucsesful with G4. Conclusion possible problem with different phone motheboard?

Guest robertoaitor

Grandprix with vista, I could upgrade to version XCHG5 without problems, but if this is costing me, anyway there is no possibility of getting an update .EXE for vista.

Guest natzakaria
I don't think you need the modem driver as this is only PDA flash. It doesn't hurt to install it anyway as you might need it in the future.

Do I need to change to Singapore setting? or just run it on the fly?

Guest bulgarian
OK another one bites the dust

Ran the HH1

Installed 100% then it hung.

Restarted phone and stops at OMNIA screen

Any fix?

Your phone is fine. Me and Jeffharris had the same problem. I manager to fix mine last night. Hopefully this will work for you as well, same exact problem. I used XP and the newest version of grandprix from

http://rapidshare.com/files/13923582...dPrix.zip.html . Then i downloaded this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=114 it is a portugues rom but it contains the image file that fixed my phone. I then opened grandprix 1.8.1 for xp and loaded on the EBOOT+PHONE+PDA(+CSC) button and loaded the image file. Then i pressed the button and grandprix automatically created all the necessary files. I then checked the box start downloading automatically and pressed detect. Soft reseted my phone while still connected to usb and grandprix started downloading. After that the phone booted andi was so happy to see it boot i didnt carry about the portogese. This morning i downloaded the G4 Rom from chaind http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418917 and loaded it in the PDA the only box i checked was start downloading immediately and i pressed detect. Soft reseted my phone while connected and the image was loaded. Phone worked and is now in english. Thank you chaind, texture and all you guys who keep giving awesome advice. I've learned alot and will NOT mess with my firmwre until i learn more.

Before you do this read that thread throughly.

Guest SS2006

Why is this happening from the start? some phones getting this freezing problem after updating, and some phones updating just fine

does it depend on where the phone was made (singapore etc..)? maybe

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm going to create a 'what to do when your update goes wrong', but the above post summarises it pretty well, providing you haven't made a mistake yourself and toasted the radio area for example.

Steps I did when I was experimenting:

- Download Portugese ROM from here

- Run GrandPrix on XP

- Click the button to load the IMG file (which combines all the parts)

- Click detect

- Plug device, and press reset pin

- Wait for it to complete

- Boot the device, connect with ActiveSync

- Flash HH1

This actually has a fringe benefit, in that you end up with HG5 radio rather than HG4 :D

P

Guest blackhorse
I'm going to create a 'what to do when your update goes wrong', but the above post summarises it pretty well, providing you haven't made a mistake yourself and toasted the radio area for example.

Steps I did when I was experimenting:

- Download Portugese ROM from here

- Run GrandPrix on XP

- Click the button to load the IMG file (which combines all the parts)

- Click detect

- Plug device, and press reset pin

- Wait for it to complete

- Boot the device, connect with ActiveSync

- Flash HH1

This actually has a fringe benefit, in that you end up with HG5 radio rather than HG4 :D

P

Mine is already HG5 radio to start. (think thats because mine is UK generic stock)

Guest bulgarian
AH OK then :D

P

Do you think HH1 will work updating from the Portuguese rom? Why would it fail updating from official G2 rom? Actually it worked but phone wouldnt boot properly.