Reconstructed DX1HH ROM!

Guest M Azmin Ishak

Guest M Azmin Ishak

So fast?!!! :D

Huh! good to see that you all successfully flashed the new H1 ROM. :D

From my experience using the new ROM for almost a week now, everything is fine, nevertheless the only shortcoming now is that the battery life is almost like any other pda phone (last only from 6 am after midnight charging up to around 8pm after work).

I think it is due to the haptic feedback which definitely eat substantial amount of the battery life...

Anyway for me, I am used to charging phone every night since I am used to it for ever since my first pda phone.

Hope Paul can make a dedicated thread to keep all the OMNIA i900 ROM in one place, then it would be easier for all OMNIA user.

Guest eduuuuu

Paul and blackhorse...

Today I went to a Lan house with Xp computer, and updated my from from DXGH4. It went well. and works fine! Thanks a lot.

Now I have 55 Mb of free space in device memory against 32 from my last ROM (no apps installed).

Current ROM HH1.

I love the new touch features.

I'd like to know what were the features that have been added and/or removed?

It couldn't initialize Streaming Player (I don't need it anyway) . That's why I was wondering if anything was removed.

Edited by eduuuuu

Guest eduuuuu

Another thing....

Is there a way to increase the touch screen sensitivity???? - like Iphone?

I know Iphone is thermosensitive or something like that...

Is Omnia too??

I'd like the lightest touch to be responsive.

right now with my omnia... sometimes I have to really press and do it hard to respond.

P.S. I am using a screen protector specially designed for the i900 (just for the record, because I don't know if it interferes)

And.

Is there a way to display the keyboard letters above (out of the finger sight) when I press them?? like in Iphone keyboard???

I love some Iphone features. But I really need WM for my work, and I miss some of its features.

Thank you very much again, for your work.

Edited by eduuuuu

Guest natzakaria
Did you get HH1 to work ontop of the portuguese rom?

Yes I got it to work running grandprix 1.8 on xp to flash the portuguese

Then via Async running the HH1 updater

Guest tim1979
Yes I got it to work running grandprix 1.8 on xp to flash the portuguese

Then via Async running the HH1 updater

Hi.. so glad to hear thats theres new rom for omnia...

a few questions for those that have successfully upgrade their firmware to HH1..

1) What is the Rom size after flash?

2) What is the Ram size after flash?

3) how is the speed against G4 rom?

4) Is the Chinese SIP still intact?

5) are there any Samsung panel for chinese hand writing still there?

6) hows the battery life?

7) can the camera use the front camera to take photo?

Please do help to answer my doubts..

Thanks All for the good effort!!!

Guest natzakaria

Hi.. so glad to hear thats theres new rom for omnia...

a few questions for those that have successfully upgrade their firmware to HH1..

1) What is the Rom size after flash?

Well I hv installed some prog now with

Storage Free: 54.99 Program Free: 49.48

2) What is the Ram size after flash?

See above

3) how is the speed against G4 rom?

Much zippier

4) Is the Chinese SIP still intact?

Nope - dont need it

5) are there any Samsung panel for chinese hand writing still there?

Nope - dont need it

6) hows the battery life?

Dunno need to check it out

7) can the camera use the front camera to take photo?

Nope

Guest phillipxenxciel

i flash mine from ZHHHG9 TO H1~~~it will cause everytime i softreset the phone, it will actually formatte both setting and storege, seems like not all the PDA part and RADIO part can be mix~~i flash back to G4 them flash it to H1, it fix the formatting problem~~H1 is really a big improvement~~cheers~~

Guest blackhorse

H1 seems a massive improvement, not only did they fix the haptics (which apparently they broke!) they are other little things that annoyed me that have been fixed, ie, turning the camera on with the camera button, in old version it would ask you to turn the handset portrait in order for the shortcut to work! Now it doesnt matter

Guest Paul (MVP)

I no longer get out of memory errors with the camera, the whole device feels faster, haptics now works (pretty well too IMHO), screen rotation seems more reliable and there are little tweaks across the device that really improve the experience. Nice one Samsung!

P

Guest blackhorse
Hi Guys,

It seems the Orange i900 comes with the G5 ROM (no haptic feedback on keyboard). Is there any point in upgrading to the H1 ROM?

Dont want to sound rude, but if you read this thread, you will see that most people got G5 and this thread talks about the pros of the update, bottom line is, its a HUGE improvement, although another thing to bear in mind, this is not the OFFICIAL way to get this update and if it go;s wrong you run the risk of doing damage to your phone

Guest unclesomebody

In my opinion, it's worth going crazy in your first week of getting a phone from Orange, because if anything goes drastically wrong you can simply return the phone. However, with all the help on here I doubt you'd end up with a truly bricked device. I'll be upgrading mine to H1 the second it arrives tomorrow!

Guest Simon Desser

Upgraded mine this morning :D

Haptics are very nice, my GPS is working again :D and theres a nice Alphabetic Menu in the programs list :angry:

post-56-1219753517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon Desser

Guest shollywood

My device is on i900DXHG3...what's my best upgarde method? Do I need to got to 4 then Portugese then HH1?

When I try ttried earlier to upgarde with the Samsung (official) ROM it says incorrect version.

My concern is that if I screw this up I'm screwed because Samsung Canada won't fix it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Guest bobsbbq
My device is on i900DXHG3...what's my best upgarde method? Do I need to got to 4 then Portugese then HH1?

When I try ttried earlier to upgarde with the Samsung (official) ROM it says incorrect version.

My concern is that if I screw this up I'm screwed because Samsung Canada won't fix it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would side on a judgement of caution. Especially if you don't live in a area where you have a service center. Many people have successfully upgraded without problems including myself, but there have also been a lot that have end the end ended up with a brick.

My orginal version was G3 from Thailand. I changed my location using prconfig to Singapore and used the official updater.exe to get G4. Then I flashed again the ROM G4 PDA.bin from Chaimd because this one did not have chinese and I saved memory. Then I updated the PDA using the H1 updater from Chaimd to update the PDA only to H1. All of these times with no problem. However I'm willing to take the risk as I have another phone i780 and I live with 2 KM of the Service center.

I hope this helps and no matter what make sure you read and understand before you flash.

Guest Omnia_1

Yep flashed H1 and everything is fine, thank you very much!

Its improved on G4, however there must be an official release coming soon as the MS build and CE seems a little behind compared to other device, that is considering its a relatively new release device, no complaints though, thanks again!

I upgraded directly from G4 official ROM, holding my breath and looking away! :D

Edited by Omnia_1

Thanks guys

thanks to you my phone is saved

wat exactly is the benefit of the upgraded radio paul?

This is a good question. Does anyone know what the benifit is? I am running Singapore G3 and downloading the H1 exc file and the Portugese file right now.