Paul's complete guide to upgrading your Omnia to HH1, and what to do when things go wrong!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ysl4959

Hi Paul,

I have flash my Singapore i900 to the PDA DXHH1 but it seem to me only file 2 is loading, one problem is that the Navfone can not be register anymore. For DXHH1, is there a file 1, 3 and 4 to follow, as I need the Chinese input option.

Right now on my Omnia, the Version is

PDA : i900DXHH1

PHONE : i900DXHG4

I wanted to try the GrandPrix to flash it to XCHG5 but this is a Spain version, does it affect the Radio for use in Singapore? In any case will there be a full version of DXHH1 for both PDA and Phone?

Guest Gemmac

Hi Paul and everyone,

Well it restarted ok, but although it reads HH1 on the version tab it still says HG3, shall I re do the whole process?

thanks

Gem

thanks DT before reading your post I did exactly that and it restarted in Portuguese so I hope it's working, but the last process was about to take place and surprise I need to charge the phone again, exactly the reason for doing this in the first place. Hopefully everything will run smoothly soon!

cheers for your reassurance!

xGem

Paul is it possible for 'chaimd' to make the Portugese ROM executable too? I want to experience the full splendor of the update but I am worried about ass-ing up my Omnia :D

Guest ysl4959
Great job Paul.

Booted first time flawlessly.

Before:

PDA: i900dxhg4

Phone: i900dxhg4

now:

PDA: i900dxhh1

Phone: i900xxhg5

many thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hi, I have the same version as you for PDA: i900dxhg4 Phone : dxhg4 (Singapore version) too, may I check, after reflash to Phone: i900xxhg5, are you able to get Chinese input?

Thanks,

Guest blackhorse
Paul is it possible for 'chaimd' to make the Portugese ROM executable too? I want to experience the full splendor of the update but I am worried about ass-ing up my Omnia :D

<_< You quoted the full post! :D

Guest bobsbbq
I posted this on unclesomebody topic but thought I'd come here to get full coverage as currently stuck with Portugese software

Followed all steps up until running i900DXHH1_PDA_updater_xp, whenever i press the 'Verify Device' button i get the 'Incorrect Software Version' notification. I have tried several reboots/resets, I have a connected ActivSync connection and not sure what to try next....

....any suggestion grateful!

Thanks,

EDIT - Sorry i was a bit panicked, performed the incorrect version fix and it seems ok.

I knew this would happen, Paul I think it would really be helpfull to ad this under when things go wrong just under the instructions.

Also anyone can report any differences in the G5 Radio vs G4?

Guest Gemmac

Hi,

I went through the process again and bingo, HG5 here I am!

The cool thing was it kept my storage items as in ringtones and pictures. Very pleased.

However, one slight bug it seems, my phonebook keeps freezing, like if I click on a letter to go to someone it just freezes.

if I then exit and go back in it shows the menu buttons, in the corners but not the phonebook, just the screen behind, in this case the menu screen.

Anyone else had this problem?

Paul, cheers for this, I'll let you know if it improves my battery life!

xGem :D

Guest natzakaria

I am on HH1 with G2 radio.

How do I get G5

Tried several ways using the G5 image but everytime the the eboot and pda worked the radio would not flash.

Any tricks?

Guest ysl4959
This HH1 does NOT have Chinese input.

P

Oh, that's too bad, but now it seem not possible for me to revert to the old firmware as I keep getting wrong version kind of error. anyway this HH1 really sensitive and the rotating is very fast though somehow it is annoying when you don't want it to switch to potrait or landscape.

Thank you so much it is still a much better firmware!

Ysl

Hi, I've also been a silent reader for a few days.

I've probably had my omnia longer than anyone on this forum, since the end of may (i got mine unofficially). It had an older version of software: i900BVHE1, so was hesitating to upgrade not to fry it like all the others before me. Luckily for me I found this tutorial which i followed step by step and in 15 minutes my omnia is now pda HH1 with radio HG5.

I'd like to thank you Paul and the other two people for making this possible.

anyone having battery life problems? my normal usage could last me about 40 hours. now its about 12 hours after rom upgrade. thinking of reverting back to G4...=(

Guest nishi850

:D hi. Paul.

Thank you for Your great job.

I am kaz and Japanese.

I want to use OMNIA in US.

OMNIA will be able to use on 7.2mhz HSDPA ?

Please any advices?

"AIGATO" <- Thanks

No probs here... did you upgrade the radio too?

P

Guest chuti98

Hi paul I do foolow step as you describe at the top.. after came up to 16-17 after click detect and conncet my omnia there is no reset pin available so I can't go on press start coz that button not availabe either.. what can I do next