Paul's complete guide to upgrading your Omnia to HH1, and what to do when things go wrong!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chuti98

I saw a reset button but not show for press.. Do have to switch off my omnai and plug in or leave it on ( i'll try switch off) found the solution

I have to plug in my phone press detect and then swith on again now program detect my phone and start donwload now

Edited by chuti98

Paul,

I have French PDA:i900XHHG4/AEHG4 and Tel: i900BUHG3

I would like to update only PDA to H1 and English.

Can I use step 22 directly? If I can do I need to change the phone location? Does H1 updater update Loader, PDA and Radio?

Thanks

Guest darth maximus

previously on G3, did the upgrade step by step, and also updated the radio to the new XXHH3. whew. thanks to the people who made it possible, paul, chaimd and the 21 others who did it ahead of me, because of you guys, i mustered up the balls to do the upgrade.

Guest bobsbbq
previously on G3, did the upgrade step by step, and also updated the radio to the new XXHH3. whew. thanks to the people who made it possible, paul, chaimd and the 21 others who did it ahead of me, because of you guys, i mustered up the balls to do the upgrade.

Where are the files for H3 I see 2 people now posting about H3?

EDIT: Never mind I found it in the i900 links for ROMs. I had not checked that thread, but I saw people talking about it here.

Edited by bobsbbq

Whats all this talk of H3? Someone is holding out :D

Ok Now I see :D

Edited by 1Mack

Guest Gemmac

i will have tomorrow, cos ive been putting it all back with all the setting I had before all day so it'd be unfair to give an indication of the battery life at the moment.

Will get back to you Toady

anyone else got any news/comparisons on batter life before and after?

guess i'm the only one facing battery problems.

Now i;m on PDA H1 Rom and Radio H3 Rom. Fully charged at night 1030pm dropped to 60-70% in the morning 8AM. Before upgrade, can get around 100-90% still.

dun think its due to stronger gsm problem as i was on PDA H1 and Radio G4 and already noticed this problem. Upgraded to Radio G5 then Radio H3 now. Still the same.

Think i'll reflash and give it another chance since i'm the only one with such problems. =/

Guest needacloud

Thanxs for this upgrading guide. I had a german version omnia and it worked without a problem to upgrade to the HH1 Version.

Some things i noticed so far:

i have the same software installed on the the HH1 Version as i had on the German Rom, the difference is that with the new HH1 battery drains much quicker than with the German Rom. Apps which i have installed are Winterface 1.11 and Magic Button. I noticed that when those apps are installed the backlight doesn't completley turns off when you set the device to standby. Under daylight conditions you will hardly recognize that there is always some kind of light on. i am not 100% sure but i think with the original German version the backlight was completley turned off even when the device is in standby mode.

For further testing i have removed all apps now. Maybe that will help?! Does anybody know a registry setting for a complete backlight turning of when in standymode even with some apps running in the background?

EDIT: Problem solved by enabling "enable power save mode

Edited by needacloud

Guest malikms

Dear Paul,

i just purchased mine yesterday, i've been monitoring this forum especially this thread regarding the Omnia and it's ROM upgrades. maybe my question is really basic, since this is an open forum i'll decide to ask anyway.

what motivate me most is that after watching this video i assume my current G3 ROM does not have all the features that the makers describe in his video, then i thoroughly search in this thread regarding the G4-G5 and H1 features and i didn't find any details explanation about what exactly the upgrade ROM actually does (besides, bringing back the haptic feature that they lost after the G4 upgrade, and faster interface).

from the video below he described that the omnia users will get these features while loosing the haptic feedback:

1.Favorite people list widget

2.internet widget

3.Wi-fi widget

4.Smart reader

5.Fluid Accelerometer

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all...v%3DdoOLS2oPTGY

however, mine is in G3 ROM both PDA and radio, and i have all of the features above. do you mind explaining a little about this?

You have made a great step by step guide include all the download links in this thread though .*two Thumbs up*

for the note, i've purchased mine in Indonesia (where i live) and currently with the G3 ROM both PDA and Radio

Have a good one! cheers!

Guest malikms

so basically what you're saying is that the upgrade to H1 only adds haptic to the text input? i haven't check mine, i'll report back after i'll confirm this.

anything else? besides the haptic for text input?

Guest malikms

yes, i don't have haptic when using the keyboard for sms and email. however, my G3 still covered all of the features above. so if i get this correctly, there is almost no point at all for the ROM upgrade besides the haptic feature for text input.

To be truly i really want to upgrade mine to the H1, but i have called the samsung CSO in Indonesia that they will not cover any expenses for any lost that i will be getting (i have the one year waranty for services and parts from official samsung indonesia)

they claimed since its not from samsung, and they do not encourage it so they will not cover it even for the G4 (official spore) upgrade they will not cover it. what a shame. =(

Guest Gemmac

Hi Toady,

Just as a quick comparison.

The other day pre upgrade, I had charged the phone overnight and by this time 14.30 I was down to just 2 bars.

I had sent texts and changed some settings but that was it.

post upgrade I charged the phone last night and at this time 14.30 it's only lost one bar, and I have used the camera, texted, made phone calls, written notes.

So it looks like it does help.

However, I didn't always used to put my phone to sleep before, and now I do, which obviously contributes, but it was more than that I think, as no way should I have lost that much power in a day.

Will let you know how it progresses.

Gem

thank you, that would help.

Guest Gemmac

No I mean by holding the top power button and putting it properly asleep

it doesn't do that itself does it?

cos mine doesn't, the back light dims but it always stays on.

have i missed something?

How do you mean put to sleep?

It always puts itself to sleep anyway?

P

Guest Gemmac

No I didn't actually Paul, I meant putting to sleep, I've just worked out what you mean. I think its plain dumb that they put 'turn the device off' instead of 'put to sleep' grr I should have realised that was a stupid option.

Blimey, this normally isn't that hard for me, now if it was Mac I'd be just fine and Dandy! Auto sleep mode set now

what would I do without you?!

Ah you mean turning it OFF! I never do that...

P

Guest thebeaver

I just followed thos instructions to see if they would get rid of the Vodafone branding ... now the last step just says "Incorrect software version please check the device" , and I'm stuck on a portugese Windows Mobile 6 now (although, it does seem a lot faster than before!)

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Guest toady2k1

thanks gemmac.

im still split, some people seem to be saying battery life turns really poor with new firmware (so much so that they reflash back to older firmware)

then others say theres no difference or slight improvement with HH1

anyone else?

paul whats your take on this?