Paul's complete guide to upgrading your Omnia to HH1, and what to do when things go wrong!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gemmac

Hey Toady, it's now just gone 7pm and I have 3 bars left so that's a pretty big improvement.

However, I think something was really wrong with mine so I'm not sure it is an accurate representation of how it can improve.

I feel though, (despite being a bit of an idiot about it all, and bugging the hell our of Paul!) that now it's done I'm much happier with it, and just feel in general it performs better.

Maybe others can give their opinions

Is yours bad at the moment?

thanks gemmac.

im still split, some people seem to be saying battery life turns really poor with new firmware (so much so that they reflash back to older firmware)

then others say theres no difference or slight improvement with HH1

anyone else?

paul whats your take on this?

Guest mervynys

Hi Paul,

Well done for posting the ROMs and flashing instructions. I have been flashing my phone without fail.

However, I encountered the following issues so far:

i. Battery Life

I noticed that after flashing to DXHH1 & XXHH3, my battery power drains EXTREMELY fast! <_<

ii. Bluetooth connection to my XP PC

I had no problem connecting my phone with my Win XP PC until I flashed the XXHH3 radio ROM! I cannot transfer files from my PC to my phone using bluetooth now! :D

Am I the only one facing these issues? How can I revert back to HG5 Radio using the Portugese ROM?

Hi Paul,

Well done for posting the ROMs and flashing instructions. I have been flashing my phone without fail.

However, I encountered the following issues so far:

i. Battery Life

I noticed that after flashing to DXHH1 & XXHH3, my battery power drains EXTREMELY fast! <_<

ii. Bluetooth connection to my XP PC

I had no problem connecting my phone with my Win XP PC until I flashed the XXHH3 radio ROM! I cannot transfer files from my PC to my phone using bluetooth now! :D

Am I the only one facing these issues? How can I revert back to HG5 Radio using the Portugese ROM?

Try reflashing the PDA part of the ROM. It might help.

Guest mervynys
Try reflashing the PDA part of the ROM. It might help.

1Mack, you mean reflashing the HH1 ROM? It will help solve the battery & bluetooth problem?

Guest nunugramps

Hi, I'm having Singapore firmware HG4 for for both pda and radio. I followed Pauls' guide to flash HG5 using USDL Grand Prix. At step 16, I click Detect and attach my phone to usb and press reset button. After the phone reset, the system says pda not found. What am I doing wrong. I have installed the xp driver.

battery life seem to improve after reflashed dxhh1 with h3 radio. give me another 12 hours to confirm cuz i still have my doubts. batt life dun seem to be as good as G4 =/

maybe i've got some bad software installed...

S2P (Slide 2 Play)

S2U2 1.18

Agis NavFone PPC 2.11

Blue Point Studios Pocket Earth

Coreplayer 1.2.5

Electric Pocket Ringo v1.4

Magic SS

MS .NET CF 3.5

MS Reader

MT Software TodayAgenda

PPC Master SMS Tweaker v1.5

PPCLINK Lexisgoo English Dictionary

Resco Explorer 2008

RJV SMS Scheduler v1.4

Sprite Backup

Vicsoft CurrencyConv

Touchpal

Bejeweled

SPB Pocketplus

SPB Weather

Tomeraider 3

Foxit

ZT A4 (Chinese input)

DrYAR Bluetooth

OS Remind Me

MemMaid

GPSProxy

GarminQue

Metro

SJ Omnia Driver D3D

iSMS (JAva App)

ModaCo Steaming Player Fix

MoDaco QVGA HSPDA Fix

Hi Paul

The HH1 upgrade worked fine but unfortunately..after the upgrade my Data connection was bad..EDGE showed connected by data cant get thru.

Going back to G4 and then upgrade to HH1 w/o the HG5 Radio

Is this possible or do I risk bricking the phone?

Guest mervynys
Hi Paul

The HH1 upgrade worked fine but unfortunately..after the upgrade my Data connection was bad..EDGE showed connected by data cant get thru.

Going back to G4 and then upgrade to HH1 w/o the HG5 Radio

Is this possible or do I risk bricking the phone?

Hi cmloo, I have reflashed from HH1 PDA/HH3 Radio back to the official G4. Everything worked out fine.

Now I can happy with the "normal" battery life and I can transfer files from my PC to my phone again (which I could not using HH1PDA/HH3 Radio)! :D

Think I will remain at HG4 till another official update is released by Samsung!

Guest BigDvr6

i tried to do mine via this method to, but when i connected my phone the reset pin wouldnt highlight, so i tried the other method and now have a brick :D not sure where samsung centers are, or if i just phone up where i got it and send it back.

Guest Ericmky

One question

for do this update:

1) is necessary are conected to internet.

2) is necessary have the SIM put in Omnia or can do this without the SIM.

Thanks a lot for all yours tips.

Eric

Guest Ericmky
Eric:

No

No

Reset pin btw people is the PHYSICAL RESET BUTTON on the top, that you need to press with the stylus!

P

Thanks Paul.

really i´m a little scared because some people bricked their Omnia.

nobody knows with certain what produce this problem.

I had a lot of HTC phone and ROM update are very simple and, if you have a problem, exists a lot of tools for fix this problem, but with Omnia nothings is clear.

i don´t know what to do...

today i have various problem with my Omnia because the typical black screen occurs 2 o 3 times a day and my omnia put a little hot and i´m concern about this.

thanks for all your help and sorry for my english, i tried to write the best i can.

Guest omnia newbie

Eric.........I have G4..both PDA, radio ... official samsung update... I can confirm with you.. I have the same problems... phone "black out" on stand by.. and it is hot when surfing the net, playing with touch player... there is NO guarantee new ROM will fix this issues.. at least for the moment..

ugrading ROM does improve other aspects.... but it is risky and your own choice

I wait.... for officials updated rom

trying to answer some questions for Paul

Guest keyvan2
battery life seem to improve after reflashed dxhh1 with h3 radio. give me another 12 hours to confirm cuz i still have my doubts. batt life dun seem to be as good as G4 =/

maybe i've got some bad software installed...

MoDaco QVGA HSPDA Fix

What is MoDaco QVGA HSPDA Fix ?

Guest rover534

You guy's are genius's , my 16gb Omnia is now 110%better on this upgrade!!

It was very easy to follow and worked for me first time.

Many, Many thanks :D :D :angry: :(

Edited by rover534

Guest bashi007

Hi

I have G4, but i want to upgrade to HH1 But not upgrade the radio to G5, is their any way of just updating the rom toHH1 and leaving my phone rom alone? Do i untick the phone part on Grand prix?

thanks

Guest Athos K.

Dear Paul

I have upgraded from G2 to G6.

Is it worth upgrading to HH1? If so is there a way to do this without going through G5?

Can i use only the HH1 upgrader?

Thx

Guest jimmyrinse

Nooooo way :D

Had Vodafone branded with HH1....followed instructions to go to portugese G5 which worked fine, changed region to Singapore no probs, ran the DXHH1 Update

got to 100% finished, i presume it finished as the phone turned itself off and the updater said completed, unplugged the cable tried to turn the phone on and ..........

Nothing, dead as a dodo i get an unknown usb device with the cable plugged in which i'm assuming means its knackered i wouldnt mind if it failed but it did say it completed ok

the sodding thing :D :angry: :( :P :P :D :( :(

Hi Paul, I was trying to upgrade my omnia firmware from G3 to G5, everything went ok til the GrandPrix showed Job Done.Perform HW reset!. now my omnia won't reboot. I tried pin the reset button, tried press & hold ON/OFF button, nothing work. WindowXP won't detect my Omnia, what should i do now?

Please help. Thanks

Do you get the Omnia logo? Yes = you're safe, No = it's dead.

P

Thanks Paul for quick reply.

I don't see anything, just a black screen. Yeah, i think it's dead. Could you please guide me where & how i can return it to Samsung center. I'm in Canada, I bought it from eBay. Thanks in advance.

Unknown i'm afraid, hopefully a member in Singapore can assist with the describing process?

P

Thanks again Paul.

Is there anybody here know where & how to send my Omnia to Samsung center to get it fix?