How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Guest Quist09
Hi! I've just joined this forum!

I've recently got my Samsung Omnia, and was wondering how to increase speaker volume while talking...

Has anyone tried changing some of these settings?:

Did it bring the volume up while talking? I've tried chaging SPK(02) to 0db and RCV(02) to -1.5 but I really cant tell if it did something... It might sound louder but I really cant tell if it really does sound louder or its me wanting it to be that way hehe.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this!

Thanks!

I tried changing the speakerphone settings, but strangely whether I click apply or not, the changes do not show up in the settings the next time I go into the program to check. I haven't had a chance to actually see if the changes are made in real life, but I suspect from what you write they're not.

Anyone else try this?

maybe a strange question but where do i pop up the keypad? in the phonebook? doesnt work. email? doesnt work either? i dont have the keypad icon on my windows mainscreen so where do i have to type the *#code?

maybe a strange question but where do i pop up the keypad? in the phonebook? doesnt work. email? doesnt work either? i dont have the keypad icon on my windows mainscreen so where do i have to type the *#code?

In the phone mode, pls key-in the "code" as if you are dialing..... it works.

Guest Reuben (MY)
Hi

I don't suppose anyone knows where a full breakdown of the menu items are as I'm trying to increase the volume to the bluetooth headset but don't want to adjust anything before I know what it will change.

Thanks in advance

Talking -> BTMono

Guest Reuben (MY)

Press the Send/Call button on your device (left button) as if you wanted to make a call and type in those code. the moment you hit the last #, it should bring you to another screen showing audio utililty, else pls check the code you entered.

Guest calcdsatr

Hey Guys, great post however, I'm not using a i900 but a i616 any word or ideas how to make this work for that device, have used the code to bring me to the "Soundtester" menu, but get the msg unable to "get audiocontrol". Also the screens seem to be a little different from what you are talking about

Guest frankmehta
I use

1°

DAC(0C):-4.5 db

SPK(02):-1.5db

MPBST(22):+12db

RBST(14):+0db

RVOL(12):21db

2°

DAC(0C):0db

HP(04):-3db

MPBST(22)+24db

RBST(4)+20db

RVOL(12):0db

works like a charm!

Guest claudestrife75

and to adjust the ring volume in the first seconds?

sorry if already sayed, but I hate that the ring starts at low volume.

(sorry also for my english ;) )

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Thanks so much Henderick :wacko: ! Now I got the speaker louder and clear for music and full blown DivX movies (in surround mode, just sneak previewed the Die Hard 4 clip where the helicopter blew up and the car collision in the tunnel, never saw it before, lol). It was much better now with the so so supplied Samsung headphones but even with the default sound setting, it was already excellent with the cover the ear Sennheiser headphones (recommend this awesome pair). Should have this earlier to beat a co-worker iPhone 3G youtube sound (youtube on iPhone is excellent ;) ).

Guys, since the ROM Update to XHI1 the settings can't be changed anymore. I mean they can be changed but the settings are not taken over after pressing "ok".

Anybody has the same issue?

Guest jasonrabbit
Guys, since the ROM Update to XHI1 the settings can't be changed anymore. I mean they can be changed but the settings are not taken over after pressing "ok".

Anybody has the same issue?

i have XHI1 and have change the sound settings and they have stuck even after a soft-reset and 3-4 hours use

Sorry my mistake, everything work fine. I forgot already "*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect". I only pushed o.k. everytime. I did it before with the last updated ROM and I forgot it already again. I am really getting old... ;)

Jason, did you click "apply" in the menu settings after the changes?

Guest jasonrabbit
Sorry my mistake, everything work fine. I forgot already "*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect". I only pushed o.k. everytime. I did it before with the last updated ROM and I forgot it already again. I am really getting old... ;)

Jason, did you click "apply" in the menu settings after the changes?

yes

Guest gavinfabl

Some additional stuff. Having come from a Samsung i780, this code also worked for this phone. I changed the following on top of the other stuff to increase the bluetooth headset in my car.

TX - controls how loud people will hear YOU

RX - how loud YOU can hear ppl

Activate as before, goto Talking, BT Mono and increase the TX and RX values.

Guest mobilehappy

Great tip...

Now after adjusting the values mentioned i can actually use my Sennheiser HD650 with Omnia , which is way cool since even most stand alone MP3 players can not give enough power to drive them satisfactorily.

Guest teixeira.vh

Hi,

When i type in the code, no pop-up messafe appears...

Any help?

My PDA Version is i900XCHG5/BBHG6

Thanks.

(Solved, forgot to type the first *) ;)

Edited by teixeira.vh

Guest bliz88lelong

At first, i was unhappy about omnia's sound quality for the headsets.

I even used my own sony headsets and the sound was low even at max volume.

Now, wow, this tip really rocks and rule! Very happy! THUMBS UP! ;)

My omnia is now my perfect music device!! THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIP! Cheers!