HH1/HH3: Very poor signal hammers battery?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
After reading all the posts, seems like there are 2 groups after HH1/HH3 upgrade. one with normal battery life, the other with poor battery life.

So we can conclude that

1) HH1/HH3 rom does work

2) But it does not work for everyone.

3) We dunno the cause of the problem with the battery drain.

I'm back on G4/G4 now. HH1/HH3 gave me MAX 24 hours of battery life. G4/G4 gives me MIN 30 hours.

HH1 does have its perks but battery life is more important to me. Staying tuned to see if we can find the root of the batt drain problem.

What about HH1/G4?

P

What about HH1/G4?

P

HH1/G4 same problem. only last about 24 hours or so.

-----

G4/G4 official rom UPDATE:

Very sad to say, i dunno what happened. i took a trip to brisbane. phone fully charged at 7AM, phone in flight mode for a good 8 hours during flight. Phone went dead after 27 Hours (10AM next day). Minimum use of HSPDA and GPS. no phone calls.

Fully Charged Again at 2PM. Phone NOT USED AT ALL. Flight mode again for a good 8 hours back to Singapore. landed, left 20%. 6AM(total 16 Hours). I used Mckal USB charge cable with hotel business center desktop USB port. spent 2 hours charging. when it hit 100% i disconnected.

Wondering if its a charing problem, or some software running in the background draining juice.

Very tempted to try official HH1 or HK HH2. Need to use my phone (GPS) to Perth trip next week. I'm afraid i might fry the phone and need to send it into samsung hospital for a week, then i'm really screwed.

I'll probably do a hard reset and install minimum programs to check on bat life again =(

Guest GSeeker2

-----

Very sad to say, i dunno what happened. i took a trip to brisbane. phone fully charged at 7AM, phone in flight mode for a good 8 hours during flight. Phone went dead after 27 Hours (10AM next day). Minimum use of HSPDA and GPS. no phone calls.

Fully Charged Again at 2PM. Phone NOT USED AT ALL. Flight mode again for a good 8 hours back to Singapore. landed, left 20%. 6AM(total 16 Hours). I used Mckal USB charge cable with hotel business center desktop USB port. spent 2 hours charging. when it hit 100% i disconnected.

Wondering if its a charing problem, or some software running in the background draining juice.

Very tempted to try official HH1 or HK HH2. Need to use my phone (GPS) to Perth trip next week. I'm afraid i might fry the phone and need to send it into samsung hospital for a week, then i'm really screwed.

I'll probably do a hard reset and install minimum programs to check on bat life again =(

I'm sorry to hear that.

But i think maybe you should try these to see if one of them works:

1. Do some Hard Resets. Sometimes it helps a lot.

2. Try the official H1/H1 rom(the LEAKED one yesterday), because i flashed it last night, and the battery seems damn good though it's a little bit earlier to say so.

3. Flash the HH2(HK English) rom, and then flash BACK to the H1/H1. This was what i did.

Hope this helps :D

couldn't help myself... i took the risk and flashed official HH1.... SUCCESS! hehehe

this is popped into my mind, i'm just thinking out loud here:

could it be there all my software is installed in the storage card, more battery is required to access storage card for my installed basic programs (touchpal, ftouchfl, resco explorer, today agenda).

Guest GSeeker2
couldn't help myself... i took the risk and flashed official HH1.... SUCCESS! hehehe

this is popped into my mind, i'm just thinking out loud here:

could it be there all my software is installed in the storage card, more battery is required to access storage card for my installed basic programs (touchpal, ftouchfl, resco explorer, today agenda).

YES! i usually install all the daily use softs into my rom, not the storage card.

btw, if you flash to HH2 first, and then flash back to HH1, you will get much more free rom storage.:D

I don't know why, but i get 86MB FREE rom storage using this tips. So i don't have to worry about my rom storage.

Guest bobsbbq
YES! i usually install all the daily use softs into my rom, not the storage card.

btw, if you flash to HH2 first, and then flash back to HH1, you will get much more free rom storage. :D

I don't know why, but i get 86MB FREE rom storage using this tips. So i don't have to worry about my rom storage.

When you flash back to H1 which ROM are you using. The leaked full ROM with eboot, PDA, & phone? Or are you using one of the reconstructed H1 Pda only ROM?

Guest GSeeker2
When you flash back to H1 which ROM are you using. The leaked full ROM with eboot, PDA, & phone? Or are you using one of the reconstructed H1 Pda only ROM?

The so called LEAKED one. :D

coming to think of it. i should have tried installing HH2 first to check it out before installing official HH1. but i was afraid of bricking my omnia, so...

anyways, full charge now. 1640 GMT+8. lets see how it goes. HSPDA diabled.

Guest GSeeker2
coming to think of it. i should have tried installing HH2 first to check it out before installing official HH1. but i was afraid of bricking my omnia, so...

Good luck! :D

I'd flashed about 10 times to the HH2 & HH1 roms last night for test purpose, and all succeeded. :D

Guest GSeeker2

Good luck! :D

I'd flashed about 10 times to the HH2 & HH1 roms last night for test purpose, and all succeeded. :D

Guest bobsbbq

Well I must say I'm suprised as it just doesn't make sense. I flashed H2 first time still had 96 mb total storage. Then flashed a second time and I had 120 mb storage. I then flash back to Official H1 and now I have 115.48 Total with 86 mb Free. So I can confirm this does work. I even did a hard reset and the 115 mb is still there. While I did not get the full 120 mb I'm not complaining as 86 mb of Free space is better than 56 mb any day. :D

post-418695-1220609216_thumb.png

Edited by bobsbbq

Guest bobsbbq
Is your streaming player link broken?

After doing this process I have the same stats as you, but Streaming Player is just missing. Weird!

P

Yes it is, just noticed it. While I don't use it that much it would be nice to have as a cab install. Surely that 1 program did not take up that much room? Or is something else missing?

I flashed Official H1 again and the memory for storage fell back to 90-91mb, streaming player working again.

These memory numbers are very strange.. Has anyone bothered to check if the amount of Mb shown is REALLY available ?

Using Memmaid and loading a bunch of programs, one should be able to check if that amount of memory is really available.

I just do not see how flashing twice the same image can increase available memory, unless as I posted elsewhere the numbers you are reading do not correspond a to an actual scan of free memory, but to some kind of pointer that is updated with every flash.

Guest Fizz_daz

to report on my bad battery problems...

I reverted radio back to G5 with H1 pda and can report the battery is much much much improved.. goes a day now without discharging itself (and no hot back either..)

Guest cidriver

Hi to all readers,

I a newie here, I from Spain and owner of a Omnia 16GB device.

I'm going to become crazy, I flashed many times to H1, but my device said;

PDA: DXHH1

PHONE: XXHF6

Please, how can I get the last and esthabled PHONE? Any direct link to go for it?

Thanks a lot to make this possible.

Edited by cidriver

Guest GSeeker2
to report on my bad battery problems...

I reverted radio back to G5 with H1 pda and can report the battery is much much much improved.. goes a day now without discharging itself (and no hot back either..)

Thanks so much for your test! very valuable

-----

Using GPS really does drain battery fast on any phone I think so maybe that's why it's going down fast.

Also I noticed something yesterday while charging my phone. I was using the AC charger and the amount went up as normal and got to 100% but I noticed the red light was still on the power button. I decided to leave it till it went green which took at least an extra half hour ( not exactly sure as wasn't sat there watchin it lol) I'm not sure yet but it does seem to be lasting a bit longer today.

I don't know if you guys wait for the green light but it might be worth doin so.

Guest malikms
I don't know if you guys wait for the green light but it might be worth doin so.

I've always waited for the green light since day one (g3 pda and radio) and have upgraded 3 days ago to (h1 pda radio official leak), and my battery performance has always been acceptable. ;)

Guest jonboyuk

Hi there - this is my first post here. So boo!

Okay, now i've disposed of the formalities :wacko: I have two questions.

I bought my Omnia from mobiles.co.uk - unbranded on an O2 contract. Actually - my first one was faulty(broken camera), so this is my second. Anyway, I am stuck with the same silly battery issues as you lot. It can drop up to 20% in an hour!! My PDA Rom was XXHG5 by default, but I fancied some more touch screen goodness, so I installed the unofficial HH1 - so now I'm on DXHH1. The life was crap in G5 and it still is in H1. Is it worth me re-flashing to the official H1? (The whole thing makes me nervous!!)

Second - that little light at the top. When you turn on the phone, watch it, it flashes red, blue, green, red then off. Why have I never seen it go blue or green? In fact, when I leave it to 'over charge', I still never see green. It's always stuck on red.

I appreciate your time and help ;)

Jon