Bluetooth voice command

Guest Princy

Guest dwallersv
yeah i also heard i910 verizon US version ROM has this problem fixed. (They claim the BT headset's mic works and can receive voice command.)

I wish someone can extract the setting or stack or BT module from that ROM and make CAB or cook in their ROM for everyone with non verizon omnia.

Confirmed... I have a Verizon 910, and VC works flawlessly with my Plantronics Voyager 855 headset.

It's not because the 855 supports A2DP -- I can turn off that profile, and VC still works exactly as expected with the Handsfree profile.

VC always worked correctly over BT on my TREO 750 with WM6, so it's not that this is inherently buggy or hard to make work. Samsung apparently just screwed it up in the 900, and hasn't fixed it yet.

Edited by dwallersv

Samsung wont fix it, even the leaked roms still have this issue. They are taking the classic stance of ignoring a device once it has been sold to users and concentrating on their next devices.

This is a major flaw and its a shame Samsung hasn't fixed it, especially since the problem has been solved for i910. It will be an even greater shame if Samsung persists in not patching this issue or solving it with a new rom.

In the mean time, can anyone get a dumped veryzon rom and extract the patch and adapt it to our Omnias? :D

Any experts out there up to the challenge? :)

Hope so.

Thanks

I've been trying to do just that for the last several days.

Someone posted a dump of the i910 rom around here about a week ago.

I tried copying any changed bluetooth-related dll from the i910 to my i900 (on top of DXIA2), both drivers and OEMApps.

I had to re-pair my headset for it to work, but still no system audio was routed to the BT headset.

Also tried extracting VoiceCommand from that rom, and it didn't play anything other than the notification wave files (and even those were not routed to the headset).

After doing some reading, I checked and noticed that the audio driver is also different, but couldn't get the i910 driver working on the i900.

So far, my guess is that the problem resides in the audio driver (or hardware :) ), and that I either missed something when trying it on the i900, or that the audio hardware is different on the i910.

When I started I also compared the OEMDrivers registry, and now I have second thoughts about some differences I didn't think were relevant...

I might just give it another try.

Edited by liads

Guest Chris64
I've been trying to do just that for the last several days.

Someone posted a dump of the i910 rom around here about a week ago.

I tried copying any changed bluetooth-related dll from the i910 to my i900 (on top of DXIA2), both drivers and OEMApps.

I had to re-pair my headset for it to work, but still no system audio was routed to the BT headset.

Also tried extracting VoiceCommand from that rom, and it didn't play anything other than the notification wave files (and even those were not routed to the headset).

After doing some reading, I checked and noticed that the audio driver is also different, but couldn't get the i910 driver working on the i900.

So far, my guess is that the problem resides in the audio driver (or hardware :) ), and that I either missed something when trying it on the i900, or that the audio hardware is different on the i910.

When I started I also compared the OEMDrivers registry, and now I have second thoughts about some differences I didn't think were relevant...

I might just give it another try.

I’m crossing my fingers.

Thank you.

An update:

I disassembled the zylonite_wavedev2.dll of both the i900 and i910 and found a new method in the i910 being called when bluetooth routing events occur, and it does things related to something called "audio path". I think this might be it.

I found out that the i910 dll depend on some new and some updated dlls, which use some new registry settings, which give me headache :D

I still haven't been able to get the driver working.

Anyone knows about anything special that needs to be done in order to replace a driver?

The i910 drivers are signed with the same certificate, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I'm not overly-optimistic to just copy the i910 driver over the ones in \Windows (hiding the ROM ones)...

An update:

I disassembled the zylonite_wavedev2.dll of both the i900 and i910 and found a new method in the i910 being called when bluetooth routing events occur, and it does things related to something called "audio path". I think this might be it.

I found out that the i910 dll depend on some new and some updated dlls, which use some new registry settings, which give me headache :D

I still haven't been able to get the driver working.

Anyone knows about anything special that needs to be done in order to replace a driver?

The i910 drivers are signed with the same certificate, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I'm not overly-optimistic to just copy the i910 driver over the ones in \Windows (hiding the ROM ones)...

Hello, sounds like you have made some good progress. Try posting in the Omnia rom forum, some of the cooks may be able to help with your question.

Guest Borbarad

Hi,

I'm quite new to cooking ROMs.

But I can tell you the following:

You can't just copy the *.dll from the extracted ROM to your phone.

But could you give me/us a list of changed and/or new *.dlls.

Today I'm writing my last exam and perhaps I can figure out, what to do to get it work.

And even if I couldn't find out some of the more skilled cooks have a basis to deal with the problem.

CU,

Borbarad

P.S.: I'm interested how you decompiled the dll. A list of tools or even a small tutorial-site would be great.

You can't just copy the *.dll from the extracted ROM to your phone.

Thanks. I get it now. I tried copying the extracted i900 dll over itself in \Windows, and it didn't work either.

I wanted to avoid flashing, but I guess I'll have to cook the i910 driver modules into the rom.

But could you give me/us a list of changed and/or new *.dlls.

Today I'm writing my last exam and perhaps I can figure out, what to do to get it work.

Hope the exam went well :)

The driver I'm trying to replace is zylonite_wavedev2.dll, which uses MITsSvcs.dll, which uses a different version of DPRAM.dll .

Not sure if the DPRAM.dll changes are important, but some new registry keys are used by MITsSvcs.

The i910 rom can be downloaded from here.

Edited by liads

Guest Chris64
Thanks. I get it now. I tried copying the extracted i900 dll over itself in \Windows, and it didn't work either.

I wanted to avoid flashing, but I guess I'll have to cook the i910 driver modules into the rom.

The driver I'm trying to replace is zylonite_wavedev2.dll, which uses MITsSvcs.dll, which uses a different version of DPRAM.dll .

Not sure if the DPRAM.dll changes are important, but some new registry keys are used by MITsSvcs.

I bought the Omnia for Christ-mas & spent $50 bucks for nice leather case.

But, I'm still using the old Sony.

Without the voice command I can not do my job.

My wife keeps asking me " Why did you buy the stupid phone???"

I’m crossing my fingers.

Thank you.

Guest kslakhani

Hi Liads,

whats diff between i900 & i910 except video camera???? I dont think there is much.

Cant we flash i910 rom into i900??? If it doesnt brick my device I am ready to flash i910's rom in my i900. I dont know technically its possible.

The way you are doing is much safer.

Keep the good work and we all hope we gonna find the solution soon :D

I bought the Omnia for Christ-mas & spent $50 bucks for nice leather case.

But, I'm still using the old Sony.

Without the voice command I can not do my job.

My wife keeps asking me " Why did you buy the stupid phone???"

I’m crossing my fingers.

Thank you.

this is the only problem in Omnia I have found so far.

But let us hope soon we will find the solution

Hi Liads,

whats diff between i900 & i910 except video camera???? I dont think there is much.

Cant we flash i910 rom into i900??? If it doesnt brick my device I am ready to flash i910's rom in my i900. I dont know technically its possible.

The way you are doing is much safer.

Keep the good work and we all hope we gonna find the solution soon :)

this is the only problem in Omnia I have found so far.

But let us hope soon we will find the solution

Hi kslakhani,

Actually, the SCH-i910 has some pretty big differences.

First, it uses CDMA instead of GSM, which means different radio hardware. Then, there is the branding and all those limitations Verizon pushed in the rom.

Also, there seems to be some difference in the ROM image format (I tried helping the i910 guys getting a flashable rom from the dump, but it's not straightforward).

All these make the chances of success in flashing the i910 rom into the i900 very slim. Even if it suceeds, the pda probably won't be able to communicate with the phone part.

I agree this is the biggest drawback of the Omnia so far.

It gets me frustrated every time I'm driving.

This is why I started digging into this :D

Hopefully I'll have the time tonight to try flashing the drivers into the device.

Guest happy_joe

Hi, I just found out that there is a ROM (in Chinese) for Omnia confirmed can support BT voice command and this is the only one I have ever heard could support this function. please refer to below link.

http://www.taiwansamsung.com/download/CHT8...908ZUHL4_XP.zip for 8G version

http://www.taiwansamsung.com/download/Open16GB_i908ZTHL3_XP.zip ://http://www.taiwansamsung.com/downlo...08ZTHL3_XP.zip for 16G version

You may want to look at this and see if there is anything inside.

Cheers!

Ok,

So I successfully cooked my first ROM with the i910 drivers and flashed it. :(

I got audio playing through the speakers, but no audio routing whatsoever worked.

Even during a call, no audio was routed to/from the call, not with the built-in speaker & mic, and not with a bluetooth headset.

When trying to route system audio to the bluetooth headset, the BT headset "turned on" (could hear a weak hiss), but the audio continued to play through the device speaker.

It's either caused by incompatible hardware, or it might be some system service I didn't copy over. Problem is, the service I suspect to have a hand in this is also dependent on the cdma driver.

Hi, I just found out that there is a ROM (in Chinese) for Omnia confirmed can support BT voice command and this is the only one I have ever heard could support this function. please refer to below link.

http://www.taiwansamsung.com/download/Open16GB_i908ZTHL3_XP.zip ://http://www.taiwansamsung.com/downlo...08ZTHL3_XP.zip ://http://www.taiwansamsung.com/downlo...08ZTHL3_XP.zip for 16G version

Cheers!

Thanks!

This has given me new hopes, since the i908 is closer to the i900 in terms of hardware (at least both are GSM).

After some hex-editing of the i908 updater, I managed to extract the rom (Neither i900_EXEcutor nor i900tool were able to extract it).

The audio driver doesn't look like the one on the i910, but its size is significantly bigger than both the i900 and i910 (122KB vs 87KB).

The cooking, flashing, testing (and restoring) are very time consuming.

I'll test the i908 drivers as soon as I have the time.

Guest happy_joe
Ok,

So I successfully cooked my first ROM with the i910 drivers and flashed it. :(

I got audio playing through the speakers, but no audio routing whatsoever worked.

Even during a call, no audio was routed to/from the call, not with the built-in speaker & mic, and not with a bluetooth headset.

When trying to route system audio to the bluetooth headset, the BT headset "turned on" (could hear a weak hiss), but the audio continued to play through the device speaker.

It's either caused by incompatible hardware, or it might be some system service I didn't copy over. Problem is, the service I suspect to have a hand in this is also dependent on the cdma driver.

Thanks!

This has given me new hopes, since the i908 is closer to the i900 in terms of hardware (at least both are GSM).

After some hex-editing of the i908 updater, I managed to extract the rom (Neither i900_EXEcutor nor i900tool were able to extract it).

The audio driver doesn't look like the one on the i910, but its size is significantly bigger than both the i900 and i910 (122KB vs 87KB).

Cool liads!

You will be our hero if you could get this Goddamn bug fixed.

Cool liads!

You will be our hero if you could get this Goddamn bug fixed.

Second that, Liads thanks for all your work so far... hopefully sombody at Samsung will notice this spoils an otherwise very good phone

Guest kslakhani

http://www.taiwansamsung.com/download/Open16GB_i908ZTHL3_XP.zip ://http://www.taiwansamsung.com/downlo...08ZTHL3_XP.zip ://http://www.taiwansamsung.com/downlo...08ZTHL3_XP.zip for 16G version

Cheers!

Hi Happy_Joe,

Thats really useful info. The hope is come back again :(

thanks for that

Ok,

So I successfully cooked my first ROM with the i910 drivers and flashed it. :P

Thanks!

Hi Liads,

We really appreciate your hardwork and efforts B) .

Happy_Joe brought us a new hope with smile.

I hope you will fix that bug.

All the best

OMG ! IT'S WORKING !! :(

Voice commands is playing and receiving audio through my mono bluetooth headset ! On SGH-i900 !!

I even installed some bluetooth audio gateway management software, and now I can get ALL device audio on my bluetooth headset when I want it !!

BUT

The solution is not quite complete yet, as there are still some weird bugs to solve:

1. Audio routed to the bluetooth headset is way too loud (and distorted due to that). Lowering down the volume on the device and bluetooth headset solves it, but once you're in a call you'll want the BT headset volume up, and it's a pain to keep messing with it.

2. (the more serious problem) The audio driver seems to mess up once the device enters sleep mode. When it wakes up, audio starts playing at slow-motion and the device slows down accordingly. Really funny, but quite a problem.

I'm working on a possible solution to these issues.

I'll update when I make progress.

Edited by liads

Guest Ali Ghassemi

Voice commands is playing and receiving audio through my mono bluetooth headset ! On SGH-i900 !!

I even installed some bluetooth audio gateway management software, and now I can get ALL device audio on my bluetooth headset when I want it !!

BUT

The solution is not quite complete yet, as there are still some weird bugs to solve:

1. Audio routed to the bluetooth headset is way too loud (and distorted due to that). Lowering down the volume on the device and bluetooth headset solves it, but once you're in a call you'll want the BT headset volume up, and it's a pain to keep messing with it.

2. (the more serious problem) The audio driver seems to mess up once the device enters sleep mode. When it wakes up, audio starts playing at slow-motion and the device slows down accordingly. Really funny, but quite a problem.

Hi.

This is a very good news. Thanks for your hard work.

I check this thread every day just hoping that you will make it finally.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Guest Chris64

BUT

B) liads! You are the man!!!!!

I'm waiting good news!!!

Thanks again!!!

Edited by Chris64

BUT

Hi Liads, thank you and I am looking forward to you posting with this long awaited feature for our i900s. Please post with instructions so that we can enjoy this benefit that should have been on the phone from the beginning.

Guest happy_joe

BUT

Great!

I am sure you will fix this problem! Look forward your updates.

Guest Anry777

Hey?!

What are you talking about????

Simply flash english rom for i908 and take satisfaction!

http://race.telebit.ru/03_05_03/i908/

(I will delete this in next 3 days)

Warning! This update file only for WinXP! Do not try flash on Vista and XPx64

It is not fresh ROM (I cant find fresher in English, only Chienes).. But it work nice (install for ex. Cyberon Voice commander in Device (or you must change path in registry), then install JetWareBT 1.3.1, check box "Voice dialnihg via OEM dialer" in JetWareBT menu. Its all..

May be anybody, who now "kitchen" of Omnias, can make fix from this rom for ussualy fresh evropeans ROMs for i900?

Edited by Anry777

Guest SpiritRC
Hey?!

What are you talking about????

May be anybody, who now "kitchen" of Omnias, can make fix from this rom for ussualy fresh evropeans ROMs for i900?

Anry777, that's exactly what they're talking about. Making a patch suitable for other ROMs. Then we could apply that to our Russian ROMs as well. Besides, not everyone is brave enough for fiddling with flash updates. Installing a patch is a much safer way and may easily be reverted.

So, the ROM I found was chinese? That's a pity.

liads, you are the man! You brought me the best news ever since I bought an Omnia for my wife!