Bluetooth voice command

Guest Princy

Thank you all for the kind words :(

Simply flash english rom for i908 and take satisfaction!

It is not fresh ROM (I cant find fresher in English, only Chienes).. But it work nice (install for ex. Cyberon Voice commander in Device (or you must change path in registry), then install JetWareBT 1.3.1, check box "Voice dialnihg via OEM dialer" in JetWareBT menu. Its all..

May be anybody, who now "kitchen" of Omnias, can make fix from this rom for ussualy fresh evropeans ROMs for i900?

Hi Anry777,

Are you saying you flashed the i908 firmware on the i900 and it worked ok? PDA part only, or all parts?

I wouldn't dare flash anything other than the PDA part from the i908, for there is a real risk of bricking the device.

Using the i908 PDA part on the i900 might work, but it's a big step back since it doesn't include all later updates and it's customized for use in Hong Kong.

What I'm trying to achieve is merging the 'fix' from the i908 into the i900 latest rom.

And now for the update:

Obviously, I'm focusing on the suspend mode problem first.

At first I thought I may be able to solve it through some registry tweaks, but that didn't work.

I even tried patching the audio driver to remove a section that I suspected to be the cause, but apparently it wasn't.

Meanwhile, a new version of the i908 rom became available - i908ZHIB1 (thanks bobobird), which is more similar to my base i900DXIA2.

The audio driver hasn't changed at all in that update.

I took all the different drivers from the i908 latest rom into the i900 rom, and the problem is gone ! B)

However, the driver incompatibilities with the applications caused some other stability issues.

I'm currently trying to find the minimal set of drivers required for the correct operation of the i908 audio driver.

Anry777, that's exactly what they're talking about. Making a patch suitable for other ROMs. Then we could apply that to our Russian ROMs as well. Besides, not everyone is brave enough for fiddling with flash updates. Installing a patch is a much safer way and may easily be reverted.

Hi SpiritRC,

Actually, the fix I'm trying to make will probably have to be included in a custom ROM for it to work. I couldn't get the audio driver to work if it's not embedded in the ROM.

But you would probably be able to cook the fix into any custom ROM, including Russian ones.

Guest Anry777

Thank you all for the kind words :(

Hi Anry777,

Are you saying you flashed the i908 firmware on the i900 and it worked ok? PDA part only, or all parts?

Yes, I flashed 2 time Omnias from i900 to i908 and back... I has not briks. But remember - from i908 you may flash only to i900DZHG3... And then - to that what you want. I cant directli flash from i908 fo i900HHJ2 for example. Only i908->i900DZHG3->i900HHJ2/DXIA2

back since it doesn't include all later updates and it's customized for use in Hong Kong.

Yes, its old ROM and there is problem with battery usage, with GPS sensivity etc.

And now for the update:

I took all the different drivers from the i908 latest rom into the i900 rom, and the problem is gone ! B)

How you took drivers? I cant remove dll's from device, cant copy form device anywere...

I think, that biggest problem in BTAGExtmodule.dll. This module make Audio Gate from device to BT-device. I think it must be minimal driver set - only one that driver.

How you took drivers? I cant remove dll's from device, cant copy form device anywere...

I think, that biggest problem in BTAGExtmodule.dll. This module make Audio Gate from device to BT-device. I think it must be minimal driver set - only one that driver.

You should read my previous posts on this thread.

I extracted the ROMs, created custom ROMs with the dlls and flashed them.

BTAGExtmodule.dll is the "Bluetooth Audio Gateway Extension Module". This is the one handling additional commands sent by the bluetooth headset (such as the button click on the headset). When you use Voice Commands, it's being overridden in the registry to map to a custom dll installed by Voice Commands, so it's not active.

Even though, I included it in one of the driver sets I tested, and it didn't solve the audio driver problem.

Guest SpiritRC
BTAGExtmodule.dll is the "Bluetooth Audio Gateway Extension Module". This is the one handling additional commands sent by the bluetooth headset (such as the button click on the headset). When you use Voice Commands, it's being overridden in the registry to map to a custom dll installed by Voice Commands, so it's not active.

Actually, that dll is not overwritten by anything at least when Cyberon Voice Commander is installed. And the original dll from i900 doesn't handle the voice dial command from non-A2DP-enabled headsets. Even if you install something like JetWare, it doesn't help. At least it was so for my Plantronics Discovery 665.

Anyway, we're waiting for your fix. It's gonna be a real relief for us all! :(

Audio problems solved !! B) :P

I found what was the other driver conflicting with the audio driver, and now it works great !

I also solved the loud bluetooth audio problem using the audio gain configuration tool.

This audio driver actually seems much more configurable than the original i900 one.

There is still another minor problem:

Currently, the device can only be woken up from suspend mode using the power button, no matter how it's configured.

None of the other buttons are able to wake it up.

I have some more ideas I'd like to try in order to fix this.

If it'll take me too long, I'll post the complete solution without it.

Possibly even this weekend :(

Guest bobobird

I found what was the other driver conflicting with the audio driver, and now it works great !

I also solved the loud bluetooth audio problem using the audio gain configuration tool.

This audio driver actually seems much more configurable than the original i900 one.

Currently, the device can only be woken up from suspend mode using the power button, no matter how it's configured.

Excellent EXCELLENT....

GREAT

Guest Chris64

liads!

It's GREAT!

Thanks again!!!!

Hi Liads, what are they paying the people at Samsung for if you can find a fix in such a short time... not taking anything away from you as 'you're the man'!!! But really sounds like seeing a fix is already out there for i910 and your efforts Samsung has said stuff the current owners if they want that feature they will trade up... not this little black duck... i900 is on eBay and even though the upcoming Samsung HD looks promising they may leave a feature out (such as ability to make calls :( so its the HTC Touch HD looks promising ... but will ask first about voice over BT as was stung with the Samsung.

Guest bobobird

Yes Anry, a big hug your way too... :(

Btw - there is merit in Anry's suggestion to take a working taiwan or hk rom (dont know which version or which omnia 908? 910?) and redoing the language part.

Edited by bobobird

Guest happy_joe

Excellent Job liads!!!

Look forward your complete solution, it would be great if a patch can do the job.

I wasn't able to solve the wakeup problem, yet.

And on top of this, I discovered another problem on my way to work today - hitting "Speaker On" while in a call doesn't work.

For me, in the short-term, having voice commands working via bluetooth is still more useful than the speaker. That's why I decided to post the solution anyway and to release an update when it's working.

So, here is the solution.

P.S.

It requires flashing a custom ROM. I couldn't get it working as a patch.

Guest mandargon
I wasn't able to solve the wakeup problem, yet.

And on top of this, I discovered another problem on my way to work today - hitting "Speaker On" while in a call doesn't work.

For me, in the short-term, having voice commands working via bluetooth is still more useful than the speaker. That's why I decided to post the solution anyway and to release an update when it's working.

So, here is the solution.

P.S.

It requires flashing a custom ROM. I couldn't get it working as a patch.

Is possible to active voice command with bluetooth headset button?

Is possible to active voice command with bluetooth headset button?

For Microsoft Voice Command, yes.

For other voice recognition software, you might need to add an additional component.

For Microsoft Voice Command, yes.

For other voice recognition software, you might need to add an additional component.

Any issues with A2DP? That is probably my most used feature on my Omnia, I will be creating my own rom with the files you posted.

Hello, I comes from Germany. I do not understand unfortunately everything, since I do not speak English (sorry) I must myself everything translate. Baked Rome are probably all only English, and I can come thereby probably not by right. Can I somewhere separately down load the drivers for the Bluetooth problem? I will then try times to cook. I do not hope, I cricket my Omnia i900.

Any issues with A2DP? That is probably my most used feature on my Omnia, I will be creating my own rom with the files you posted.

Unfortunately, I don't have an A2DP headset to test with.

Nobody complained yet, so I guess it should work. :(

I'd really appreciate if you could test it and post your results.

I'll probably update the solution on the other thread today or tomorrow to solve the FM Radio issue...

Liads, how can I active microsoft voice command with bluetooth headset button?

Just install it. MS Voice Command takes control of the bluetooth headset button press event when it's installed.

A soft-reset is required after the installation for the headset button to work.

Wich additional component?

I tested Cyberon Voice Commander and could only get it to be activated by the headset button using a software called "JETware Hands-free Extension". There should also be alternatives to JETware.

Guest mandargon
Just install it. MS Voice Command takes control of the bluetooth headset button press event when it's installed.

I tested Cyberon Voice Commander and could only get it to be activated by the headset button using a software called "JETware Hands-free Extension". There should also be alternatives to JETware.

Thank you very much liads,you are a machine

Guest spidius

My friend how did you manage to do that??? I installed MS voice command, i also tried cyberon voice commander, but in both cases when i press the headset button the only thing that happens is to re-dial the last called number! I have a samsumg bluetooth headset (mono). Any advice?