I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Guest jakeordie

I think my earlier post was misunderstood. I can easily proceed with cooking the Epix PHONE.BIN into an existing Omnia ROM. But what I'll have is an EXE updater that I am not willing to test. I don't know enough about the code to KNOW that it's gonna work, chances are you'll brick the radio in your phone. And it seems that people who DO know about the code don't want anything to do with the idea.

So if anyone is willing to be the guinea pig, send me a PM. But I'm not going to cook the ROM and post it for all of us to sucker someone into testing it (when they think it's already been proven to work). Please read between the lines, I'm not trying to talk someone into doing this...I'm trying to talk you out of it. And now I'll end my posts the same way I have done for awhile;

Let's get hold of an i900L ROM and take it from there. Or sell your i900 on ebay international and buy an i900L. :rolleyes:

Guest jakeordie
The biggest problem is that we do not have anyone in the US who is an expert at building Roms from parts.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to use the kitchens, follow instructions and get this done. I learnt in about 4 hours. We can theorize about the compatibility of different phone and PDA ROMs, but someone has to pull the trigger. If it were that easy, someone more experienced than me would have sold it to you already.

Guest shollywood

If we had a "so Called" slush fund to put towards someone that possibly bricks there phone, I would be willing to. Not looking for alot of bucks but somethin to put towards the new purchase would be nice for taling the plunge.

Guest Turb0wned

They have had the phone on there website for months.. Claim it to be the i907 which we know its the Epix not the Omnia and on there site it has said ETA time september 2008 for months.

Guest Turb0wned

I dont know about that.. Maybe ill call them and find out there address because they are in miami where i am but "i907" that was back when the omnia rumor was going around that the i907 for at&t was it.

Guest Turb0wned

I dont know there return policy i dont think its like the way i bought the epix that i have 30 days... Still like i said. There is NO way that they really have a I907 Omnia. The I907 is the EPIX. Our best bet if the brazillian Omnia rom. Our second best bet is someone with balls to try the cooked omnia/epix rom that jake is willing to make.

But again i will call celluloco tomorrow.. By the way did you see the price tag on it? Almost $900... For that we get Lion to buy the one from brazil for alot cheaper.

Edited by Turb0wned

Guest strap97

I don't know if it is true or not, but the I900L is said to have a 3g radio on the 2100 frequency and not 850/1900. Nothing is in stone until it comes out though.

Guest picky-picasso
I dont know there return policy i dont think its like the way i bought the epix that i have 30 days... Still like i said. There is NO way that they really have a I907 Omnia. The I907 is the EPIX. Our best bet if the brazillian Omnia rom. Our second best bet is someone with balls to try the cooked omnia/epix rom that jake is willing to make.

But again i will call celluloco tomorrow.. By the way did you see the price tag on it? Almost $900... For that we get Lion to buy the one from brazil for alot cheaper.

Come ON!!

I will definitely try the cooked EPIX radio Rom!!

pp

I would rather try flashing the phone.bin with grandprix rather than flashing a whole ROM. If the handset is not bricked, you should be able to flash back to another ROM even if the radio is corrupt (I have had this happen in the past).

Also, I am not sure if the I900Tool.exe on this board is the latest. It doesn't seem to extra from the most recent .exe's properly: Some of the files end up in no sub directory and if you don't remove the "clean up" stages of the .cmd files it deletes a lot of files that are not stored anywhere.

Aside: I tried some experiments with copying files from your I907 Dump to my omnia and from an HK3 dump to the I907.

The only results so far are:

- Debug/Admin menus on the Omnia show "Null" rather than the 1900 and 850 band settings.

- The I907 running the GPS drivers and files from the Omnia is works a lot better than it does with the stock AT&T files. (partly because AT&T doesn't provide XTRA unless you pay for their nav service.)

So far I haven't found anything from I907 that does not run on the i900, but then I am just copying dlls .exes etc. not flashing.

I wonder if anything related to the bands is stored in the .csc files.

Guest sr8adonis

Keep pluggin away there are a number of us rooting for you. If one of genius's get the 850 baseband working just post your paypal email and you will have a $20 donation from me (and hopefully others) put in there.

Thanks for your hard work everybody

Guest Turb0wned

Thats pretty good new though pidsw. Jake says hes willing to cook. and picky-picasso says he's willing to try it so lets see what happens...

Edited by Turb0wned