I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Guest skownex

GOOD AMERICAS' OMNIA OWNERS :) ! I'M FROM BRAZIL TOO, I JUST COPIED GRAB_IT TOOL TO A MINI 256MB SD CARD AND I'M GOIN' INTO DA FIELD TO BRING US WHAT WE WANT SINCE ALWAYS :rolleyes: . I HAVE AN OMNIA TOO THAT WORKS ONLY IN 2100MHZ FOR 3G. I'VE MADE A CROSS-COUNTRY TRIP BY CAR THESE LAST DAYS AND I WAS PLEASURED TO SEE MY OMNIA WORKING ON 3G IN SOME CITIES LIKE: CURITIBA, GOVERNADOR VALADARES AND NOW SALVADOR :( . WISH ME LUCK!! I'M GOIN' IN!!! (if the vendor won't colaborate, i can broke one of his knees to convince him, just like Jack Bauer would do)

Wow i posted 3 times in a row.... I dont know how that happened.

Welcome back lancez.

thank u Turb0wned...... :rolleyes: well, i've been catching up with u guys here. so i guess the i907 plan went down trench now. our brazilian bros r the only hope that we have so far. although, the grab-it method seems only taking the PDA part. dose anyone have any ideas how to dump the whole 9 yard from the tri-band i900?

and thanks a lot jake for ur effort......... :)

i got some wall paper here that i'd like to share with u guys here........ :(

Desktop.rar

Edited by Lancez

Guest skownex

Bad news: Not a single piece of an OMNIA from any carriers in an entire large mall from this city... I'll keep trying tomorrow. I've already tested grab_it on my Omnia and it worked. It creates a 128MB file called DUMP.BIN. Fingers crossed - tomorrow the mission continues: I'll call to the stores and go directly to the gold. Bye folks!

Guest lionheartk

Hey skownex, it seems that grab_it isnt grabbing the part we need: the PHONE.BIN which is the radio rom!

Can anyone confirm this before this guys waste an attempt?

Btw, skownex, do you have the VIVO Omnia original ROM in PT_BR?

Like I explained before, no we cant :rolleyes:

i understand that laws r diff, same thing happened to me when i was on vacation in China few weeks ago. they dont allow u to return stuffs after u left the store. first thing we need to do is get hold of the guy in XDA who created this grab-it stuff and ask him if there is a way to dump the radio part by using his method. then we can go from there, we r really close now......cheers

Merry Xmas to u all

Edited by Lancez

Guest skownex

so i'm waiting and searching as well for an aplication that can pull off the phone.bin off the omnia...

answering the question above: i don't have the VIVO rom ptbr, sorry.

Guest lionheartk

I found it. They wont let me see it so i cant dump at the store. So im going to bite the bullet and pay 400 bucks for it. Tonight ill up the rom. If anyone can help easy the 400 bucks blow later, it would help a lot! See t guys later tonight.

Thanks for your help Lion!

Btw: One thing to mention about Samsung and Qualcomm here:

- QuallComm sells Tiered hardware. They generally sell their latest chip, but manufacturers only get to use the parts that they pay for. WCDMA channels and prototcols for example are patentented.

- So if Samsung ships the Omnia with WCDMA 2100 enabled but not 1900/850, they can manufacture the define for less as they pay Qualcomm less.

- If people unlock features after market, no one can really do anything about it, but it is Samsung's responsibility to not make it easy.

- We see locked features most often on HTC devices where they have about 5 devices for each Quallcomm chipset. Some lack WIFI, GPS, and either EVDO Rev A or WCDMA bands

- The Hardware for CDMA radios is generally different from gsm phones. However as seen on some of the new Blackberry CDMA devices, some people are combining the two on a single chip as they are natively CDMA in North America but they want world phones (i.e. Sprint, Verizon, Telus, Bell Canada etc).

So it may not just be in Phone.bin. It may also be helpful to have the .csc file, bootloader and PDA.

I am not sure if there is other memory stored on the phone that is not flashable that does anything interesting. On CDMA devices most flashes do not wipe everything. I am not sure about GSM. Clearly the IMEI stays the same, and this is very difficult to write data to.

I hope that they don't look up the IMEI to determine the bands that should be enabled. Changing your IMEI is illegal in most countries.

A further note:

One the HTC Vogue (Touch CDMA), the Titan and the Kaiser (Tilt). HTC only "Disabled" features by leaving out drivers. For example, the ATI graphics accelerator that people use on those devices is not official. The GPS hardware for the Titan and and WIFI+GPS drivers for the Vogue were released officcially.

Internet Connection Sharing and Enhanced GPS are disabled on some devices by carriers for different reasons: I.e. so that they can track and charge for use.

Still, with the default Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing driver or WmWIFIRouter I can connect my Omnia to my Laptop and use my unlimited data plan in order to get Edge Internet speeds (pathic I know, but good enough for email on my laptop when no Wifi is available).