I900 3G in the US

Guest pidsw

Only Americans think like that.

Without a device to work on they can't do it anyway.

well, i see where u going. matter fact, its the way to show our appreciation, just like many others on this great forum who donated $$$ to the ROM cookers and those who provided ROM sources. coz we all know that a simple 'thank you' is not going to be enough, if they really made 3G work over this side of shore. B)

we are waiting on replies, wether it is 'ok' or a simple 'N' word. but 'Nada', thats why we r assuming that they r not 'interested'.

Edited by Lancez

Guest jakeordie

The ROM cookers don't want to touch it because there's a very slim chance the PDA ROM has anything to do with UMTS bands. Secany has already said that he doesn't think flashing an i900 with an i900L ROM can be done (something along the lines of i900 being flashed with GrandPrix and i900L with Mirage LV). This suggests that either there is a difference in hardware between the two phones, or some other design by which Samsung wants to prevent the aim of this thread.

If you're still committed, just keep searching for an i900L EXE updater and we'll go from there.

Guest jakeordie
Im sure some of the HTC Diamond users were thinking it was impossible also....

I believe this is the best effort to date;

ViperBJK on XDA Forum

Please correct me if you know of a legitimate claim where 850 or 1900 UMTS has been enabled on a Euro DIAM100. Legitimate means instructions and replication. To my knowledge it hasn't been done yet. I want my Omnia on AT&T 3G as bad as anyone, but I realised that even the most convincing argument won't make it so. Next step is to get an i900L EXE updater and start exploring.

Guest Turb0wned

I think the key is here going to be the I900L Rom or even the epix. How can i upload the radio rom on the epix without messing up the phone if i buy one? If i find out how to dump the radio i will go buy one right now and do it then return it.

I think the key is here going to be the I900L Rom or even the epix. How can i upload the radio rom on the epix without messing up the phone if i buy one? If i find out how to dump the radio i will go buy one right now and do it then return it.

u can go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=grab-it or

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...our-custom-rom/

Guest Turb0wned

I dont know anymore even if i do get the rom out of the EPIX i dont know what to do with it. It might be time to just deal with edge or get a new phone. To bad the HTC HD doesn't have u.s 3g ether.

Guest lionheartk
I dont know anymore even if i do get the rom out of the EPIX i dont know what to do with it. It might be time to just deal with edge or get a new phone. To bad the HTC HD doesn't have u.s 3g ether.

Get the rom and post it, im sure somebody will know what to do with it if you dont.

i feel ya. i say, lets see what happens AFTER the holidays. in the main time, we can learn how to cook i900's ROM with i907's radio, if thats possible.

Guest lionheartk
in the instrutions it says to "lock the sdcard" what dos that mean and how?

About the sd locking thing, i guess its because if you put it into another device after you dumped the first one, it will dump the device ROM again, so after you dumped the I900L just put it into your PC and copy the ROM to your hard drive, then upload it to us. If you put the card into another cellphone before you do it, it will dump the current cellphone rom again and overwrite the I900L rom on the SD.

Waiting eagerly for the rom!

Guest Turb0wned

ok thanks... remember its not the i900l that im going to get the rom from its the epix....... now in the instructions is that the rom or radio? because we need the radio....

Guest lionheartk

It should dump the full shebang, radio, rom, etc etc from what i understood. Hrmm the epix has the i900 radio with Tri-Band 3G so it should work...

Edited by lionheartk

im gonna do myself and u guys a favor lol im gonna buy a epix tomorrow.

go right ahead, let us know what u need and we'll back u up. maybe u should setup a paypal account B) . i dont know about anybody else, but from what i can see, u've been putting out a lot efforts to make it work for all of us which i personally really appreciated.