Samsung i900 Omnia now available on T-Mobile UK

Guest deadphill

OK - after a second call to T-Mobile customer support I have an 8GB Omnia on the way on Flext 30 with WnW and a £5/month discount for £70 handset price.

Should be with me tomorrow. :D

Gavin

Anyone idea for prices on 12 month contracts???

Guest mj_blue
OK - after a second call to T-Mobile customer support I have an 8GB Omnia on the way on Flext 30 with WnW and a £5/month discount for £70 handset price.

I've also just upgraded with t-Mo for this phone, was about to move to Vodafone on a £30 with internet to get this but they need my PAC before starting the order so gave up as I am not quite in my final month. then I saw this post :D

I'm on flext20 with wnw and got it for £50 which is a bargin I think to stay on my measley tariff.. BUT they said they only had 2 left so people may have to be quick or wait for the next batch...

Cheers for the heads up.. I too wanted to The Vario iV Pro but it seems to be some way off still

Mark

Anyone idea for prices on 12 month contracts???

No sorry I didn't ask about 12 months as I was trying to get them down on an 18 month. They wouldn't give me a better deal on an 24 month contract though.

Gavin

Guest deadphill

Well

The missus (to be) is an ex T-mobile employee, so we get half price line rental. However I can only assume they are good to us because we have 3 contracts, one for me, one for her and one for the mother in law.

I made sure it was a 16gb version, so I really hope they dont give me a device that is 8gb with an 8gb sd card. I will be most upset.

We shall see, you know what these people in call centres are like they always get something wrong!!!

Cheers

Phill

I just rang up sales and the guy didnt know if they had been released on t-mobile or the price. Is it just a case of ringing up again and hoping to speak to someone different?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Well I popped into one local T-Mo store to see if they were getting it, and they said "The Samsung what?". So I walked out!

Went into another store yesterday and the guy said they were getting them in stock next week. I asked if they were selling them out of contract and he said no. So my option other than getting it sim free from clove.co.uk or expansys is to get it on a super cheap tmobile tariff. The guy in the store suggested he'd give me a cracking deal since we already have two t-mo contracts. I'm thinking that if I did it this way, id get a super cheap tariff, with virtually no calls, but add web n walk plus. I could then stick that sim into my mobile broadband!

Win all round then!

Guest deadphill

Thats not a bad option, get more for your money, plus a nice handset and a spare sim if you need it.

Just out of interest what card are you using? Im half interested in one but having spent £70 on the omnia, I am thinking another £50 is going to be out of my reach for now.

Still waiting for the omnia as it happens, just to check if its 16gb or not!

Cheers

Phill

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I took Paul's advice and got the "three" E160G. It doubles as a memory card as you can stick an 8GB MicroSD card in there too. I got it for £49 quid on PAYG. Then there is a site called DC-Unlocker which quickly and simply sim unlocks the card. Can then stick in any sim and use it.

After a minor problem where I "lost" the OSX software, it is working perfectly on both T-Mo and Three. It's just easier if I'm ooot and aboooot, to take the sim out my handset and put it in the usb broadband device, than to mess about with tethering under OSX.

Guest deadphill

Nice. I may keep my eyes and ears peeled for when I get back. You never know by that time the price might have come down!

Right, just got my omnia, unpacked it and low and behold its the 8gb version :D A call to t-mobile coming me thinks.

Im also afraid to say there is no tv out cable with it. For those of you who bought sim free, did you get a tv out cable with it?

Thanks

Phill

Guest deadphill

Ah I kind of need a TV cable, as per what I said earlier about my wedding reception. Any ideas of where to get one? I dont suppose expansys do one?

There appears to be the web and walk branding on it but otherwise there isnt so much which I am so greatful for. Gay boy pink and grey was never my colour!

As for the ROM version it appears to be i900XXHH7/BOHH5

No idea what that means. Is that the latest version? If not, can someone talk me through making a backup rom so I can restore it if it needs to go back?

Thanks

Phillip

Guest Paul (MVP)
Ah I kind of need a TV cable, as per what I said earlier about my wedding reception. Any ideas of where to get one? I dont suppose expansys do one?

There appears to be the web and walk branding on it but otherwise there isnt so much which I am so greatful for. Gay boy pink and grey was never my colour!

As for the ROM version it appears to be i900XXHH7/BOHH5

No idea what that means. Is that the latest version? If not, can someone talk me through making a backup rom so I can restore it if it needs to go back?

Thanks

Phillip

Wow, that's a VERY new version!

:D

P

I rang up again and the person I spoke to said yes they were released yesterday - great stuff. However on Flext 30 with WnW the handset would cost 179 pounds - ooooookay. I might wait for a bit.

Edited by futura

No stock apparently either! My brother tried to order one earlier :D

P

I can confirm the build version posted earlier. It's a really nice looking device and T-Mobile have not put too much branding on it either.

Not getting a great signal on it either. My old Vario II used to get 1-2 bars at home, but this device is looking the network and barely getting a signal at times - hope its just atmosperics or something as the device looks and feels great.

Gavin

I can confirm the build version posted earlier. It's a really nice looking device and T-Mobile have not put too much branding on it either.

Not getting a great signal on it either. My old Vario II used to get 1-2 bars at home, but this device is looking the network and barely getting a signal at times - hope its just atmosperics or something as the device looks and feels great.

Gavin

Thats a concern. Best you could say about the Vario II reception was that it was just about acceptable. Anything worse than that would be a serious problem.

Guest deadphill

Ok so does anyone want this version and/or know how to completley debrand it.

One problem I am having is all the widgets dont seem to work at all, and my home screen doesnt look like that of the picture above.

All I get is a stupid T-mobile bar a web and walk bar and then an analogue clock face.

How do I add/subtract these?

Thanks

Phill

Ok so does anyone want this version and/or know how to completley debrand it.

One problem I am having is all the widgets dont seem to work at all, and my home screen doesnt look like that of the picture above.

All I get is a stupid T-mobile bar a web and walk bar and then an analogue clock face.

How do I add/subtract these?

Thanks

Phill

The widgets on the side bar need to be dragged onto the main area before they will work. They can be dragged back onto the slider if you want. Frankly I hate the default screen with all the widgets on it and changed the home screen to Samsung Today 2 which is under Settings / Today / Items.

Gavin

Thats a concern. Best you could say about the Vario II reception was that it was just about acceptable. Anything worse than that would be a serious problem.

Now that it has stopped raining it seems to be getting 1-2 bars as my Vario did so maybe it was the atmospheric conditions.

I'm going to let my battery run down, then charge up completely a few times to get it trained as it were. When it loses the network I notice the device becomes unresponsive for a while.

The camera is superb on this device and I'm getting used to the onscreen keyboard.

Gavin.

Guest Stuart_f

Are any of the operator phones the silver version or are they all black?

The wife wants an Omnia and according to the rules of of women's shopping the colour matters more than the different size of onboard memory! :D

Guest Stuart_f

Paul, why do you describe it as white, is the back white? All the photos I've seen have it as silver.

I dread telling the better half the bad news, may even have to add chocolate to the package to soften the blow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.