The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hotmajlik
Only main memory. re: Singapore fix, unknown, but quite possibly!

P

Hi there, I'm completely new to WM devices, have decided to buy Omnia in Hong Kong. The phone will have following ROM: i908ZHHH1.

Is it possible to flash HKG Omnia ZHHH1 rom with DXHH1 rom?

Is there any advantage of DXHH over ZHHH? Is there a need to flash ZH version wit DX version (do they both have english menus and T9?)

Paul?

Thanx in advance for your response.

H.

Edited by hotmajlik

Guest fridgeman

Decided to go for it with this rom, had a mini heart attack when it took till retry 9 to find the port in the middle of the upgrade. But all seems to be running fine here.

Guest Tonimix
The update process is simple (but of course, not without danger (hey, I test these things so you don't have to) :D ... if you can't handle the fact your phone could be toasted, get the update done by a service centre! Flash at your own risk!). Simply find a XP machine, install this modem driver (important!), extract and run the update EXE, connect your FULLY CHARGED Omnia and press the reset pin. Hit 'Start' in the application when it becomes available and then sit back and don't touch ANYTHING :D

Can anyone post screen capture step by step of this process?

Guest LoveGod
Decided to go for it with this rom, had a mini heart attack when it took till retry 9 to find the port in the middle of the upgrade. But all seems to be running fine here.

haha "mini heart attack" same here, but when i saw it worked i was like trembling :D

@Paul: white version kinda sucks, too gay :D

Guest jimmyrinse

I tried doin my voda branded one from HH1 to Portugese G5 which got rid of the vodafone branding, Then had to change region to singapore but it messed up when flashing the Unbranded HH1 back, it said it had completed ok but the phone wont switch on. Good job there swapping it for a new 1 tomorrow :D. I find the signal rubbish though so if the updates dont fix the problem then im sending it back and ill wait for the N96

I tried doin my voda branded one from HH1 to Portugese G5 which got rid of the vodafone branding, Then had to change region to singapore but it messed up when flashing the Unbranded HH1 back, it said it had completed ok but the phone wont switch on. Good job there swapping it for a new 1 tomorrow :D . I find the signal rubbish though so if the updates dont fix the problem then im sending it back and ill wait for the N96

Is it easy changing region settings? If this happens do i just need to revert to the previous update thread? Vodafone happy to change it?

Edited by L.P

When I flashed from F8 to G4 (Official), I took precautions:

- Minimum running apps on XP

- Hard reset Omnia

- removed SD card

- flight mode

Since many here have flashed their phones numerous times, are these precautions necessary or have you just gone ahead without doing anything special ?

My first post and I've just flashed my phone lol.

Absolutely bricked it when it took an age to reboot. PSP's are less stressful. Nice one for all the info on how to do this

No PDA Device Found ... close device

timeout--

is what i get when i reset the device for like 5 times in a row... flashed the leaked hh1 and the hh3 for the phone in it yesterday. the device boots alot slower for my feeling. I think it has to do with the bootup.

Guest CoolHotCold

*Bashes Head*

Every time i try to run the i900DXHH1 i get

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

And i have no idea why... Redownloaded it 3 times same message... strange thing is it actually runs on my Vista one...

Guest GSeeker2
No PDA Device Found ... close device

timeout--

is what i get when i reset the device for like 5 times in a row... flashed the leaked hh1 and the hh3 for the phone in it yesterday. the device boots alot slower for my feeling. I think it has to do with the bootup.

Flash a rom using the .exe file is very easy, i've flashed roms over 10 times, and got no pros.

Just:

1.double-click the .exe file to run it

2.power-off you Omnia

3.plugin the USB cable to Omnia

4.some seconds later, the START button of the .exe file will be available, click it to flash and wait some mins

5.when it says Job Done and you're done.

Guest bobsbbq

Question about Ram and available storage. I noticed after upgrade the storage total was only 91.5 mb with a free of about 56 mb. The RAM is total 96.71 Free was about 58 mb.

The official specs are 256 ROM & 128 RAM so just wondering why we are not getting more storage? I read in the H2 thread that after flashing the H2 ROM the free storage was 90 mb which seems much more reasonable.

Paul you any ideas on this?

Guest Paul (MVP)
*Bashes Head*

Every time i try to run the i900DXHH1 i get

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

And i have no idea why... Redownloaded it 3 times same message... strange thing is it actually runs on my Vista one...

Download the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes...

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.