The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

nah i dont have a mac address filter on my router. its too fiddly when there are so many wireless devices in the house. just to add i also get a device.exe error everytime ive reset, flashed my phone. something to do with jaguargspx.dll

i had the same wifi problem as you previously but then i realised that it was actually the 'add space after word' feature activated. what happened was after ssid input, it auto adds a 'space' behind the ssid.

you might want to check on that.

I want FTouchSL BACK!!!!!

this native scrolling sucks big big time!!!

WORST....with the irritating beeps...

Why can't they still get it right??? with this 3rd Rev of ROM.....

Anyway... at least they still release rom updates :D

Hope someone have a solution to disable the beeps and fix the scrolling woes... :D

Guest mervynys

After flashing the official DXHH1 update, below are my observations:

i. Battery life is better than that of the unofficial HH1 PDA ROM :D

ii. I am unable to transfer files from my PC to the phone via bluetooth. This also happened when I flashed the unofficial HH1PDA ROM. Had no problem using the official HG4. :D

Can someone please help to solve my bluetooth problem with HH1 ROM??

Guest malikms

Finally, I just upgraded mine from G3 both radio and Pda to H1 official leaked. with great success, thx paul for all the directions and guide you've provided.

currently i just lost 2 main program (gps software,and Push apps) since it was on my device rather than my storage, it was there pre installed when i bought this great phone. guess i just have to installed it later. will report back with any errors or bug i found later.

I just love the option for rotating accelerometer add on. The interaction is much much faster than it was on G3.

I'm very happy, and remember on my last post that i didn't really bother about the haptic feedback. now that i have it. i Love it. and i don't want to loose it. hehehehe, have a good one! cheers!

once again thx paul for this great forum specifically this great thread regarding the samsung omnia.

gonna go back messing with my new ROM :D

i know 3 or 4 people has posted about the first boot after the upgrade. i just have to say it again, i was holding my breath quite a while :D

Guest mervynys
Finally, I just upgraded mine from G3 both radio and Pda to H1 official leaked. with great success, thx paul for all the directions and guide you've provided.

currently i just lost 2 main program (gps software,and Push apps) since it was on my device rather than my storage, it was there pre installed when i bought this great phone. guess i just have to installed it later. will report back with any errors or bug i found later.

I just love the option for rotating accelerometer add on. The interaction is much much faster than it was on G3.

I'm very happy, and remember on my last post that i didn't really bother about the haptic feedback. now that i have it. i Love it. and i don't want to loose it. hehehehe, have a good one! cheers!

once again thx paul for this great forum specifically this great thread regarding the samsung omnia.

gonna go back messing with my new ROM :D

i know 3 or 4 people has posted about the first boot after the upgrade. i just have to say it again, i was holding my breath quite a while :D

MALIKMS, can you try transfering files from your PC to your phone using bluetooth? Would greatly appreciate that you could update us whether or not it is possible. Thanks!

Guest malikms
MALIKMS, can you try transfering files from your PC to your phone using bluetooth? Would greatly appreciate that you could update us whether or not it is possible. Thanks!

sure, i just need to go out for a while, will update you with this issue within an hour. cheers :D

Guest markwica

After this upgrade: is it possible to change language to German or ist the new upgrade only for English devices?

With my Samsung i600 I was able to change language in a "secret" menue...

Please advice!

TIA!

Hi Paul,

I did the upgrade as the first post, but it said Checksum failed, failed to write to SDRAM, any idea why? now i'm stuck at Omnia logo screen.

Kindly help. Thks

Guest LoveGod

i still have battery drain issue. Upgraded from DXHG3(phone&pda) to DXHH1(phone&pda), i had exactly 4 bars when i went to sleep, now i have 3. And it came down from 5 to 4 just before i went to sleep.

Edited by LoveGod

Guest tropolite
Just updated from G4, my Omnia was from Singapore so no need to change region, very quick and rebooted in about a minute.

Cheers efjay... I should be getting my Omnia back from Singapore after having it fixed by the end of the week. I've checked with the service center and they said the firmware version they flashed it with is G4.

Have been in two minds whether to do another firmware flash (to this HH1 update), but as you haven't had problems I'm more confident to to it. I haven't had my phone for a month and its been real frustrating.

Thanks again efjay and all all those putting feedback on this forum. I'll let you how I get on.

Cheers

Hi, everyone...

i noted changes in HH1 are below as mentioned by Paul:

HH1 itself brings a host of improvements over the officially released HG4 build, including..

More haptic feedback (including for the XT9 keyboards! Hurrah!)

New Today widgets

More screen rotation animations

Updated core OS and application versions

'Connected Home' DLNA server

Updated Opera Mobile (build 1957)

Reduced memory usage over released HG4 by way of omission of Chinese input methods

But one thing i need to ask... i always type and sms chinese words...

if i upgrade my version to HH1, can i still sms or type chinese? thanks!

Guest landslot
Hi landslot, i checked and it is already at 1. :D

Try Hard reset?? if not guess you have to flash to another rom to try if your BT is still working or not..

Good luck

landslot

Guest landslot
I want FTouchSL BACK!!!!!

this native scrolling sucks big big time!!!

WORST....with the irritating beeps...

Why can't they still get it right??? with this 3rd Rev of ROM.....

Anyway... at least they still release rom updates :D

Hope someone have a solution to disable the beeps and fix the scrolling woes... :D

Yes i too like to know if there a way to disable the samsung scroll so that i can use my Fthouch SL....

try searching on startup file but no luck using memmaid....

landslot

Ok, stuck at this screen for the last 5mins. How long will it take to move on? ^^

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 124487967

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 2994176

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

After waiting for 10mins, I reset it. Now it's showing PDA:i900DXHH1/DXHH1 , PHONE:i900XXHG5. 58.3MB Storage.

Will flash again. LOL

==EDIT

Installed the Samsung modem driver again (overwrite)

Made sure I had a active connection with Activesync.

Flashed successfully this time with DXHH1.

Not much diff in the memory. Storage: Total 90.88 ; In use 32.99. Program: Total 96.71

Edited by kaer

so anybody else having fast battery drain problems?

i had this, (phone was getting hot battery draining etc (cant remember if this was before or after i upgraded unofficial rom)) then i took it back to orange and got it replaced. Havnnt upgraded rom against since then but phone is fine, I wonder if its a faulty batch of phones? my battery uses 10-20% after full days use now.

Guest GSeeker2
Anyway, send my Omnia to service center and guess what, the firmware now HH3! Singapore version.

HH3 PDA & HH3 PHONE?! :D

Great! Seems we are going to have a new rom soon :D

Guest GSeeker2
Anyway, send my Omnia to service center and guess what, the firmware now HH3! Singapore version.

Could you please post some test results?

Like:

1. battery performance

2. major changes compare to HH1 rom

3. speed

4. Free storage and program memory after soft-reset

Much appreciate!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.