The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

so anybody else having fast battery drain problems?

I am on H1 and I think the battery drain for me is slightly worse but only when I use things like EDGE, A2DP. If the phone is on standby with no usage I dont see any abnormal drain, the battery meter is pretty much static if I dont use it.

Sorry to ask again, How many people using Vodafone branded handsets have succesfully installed this ROM? If we choose not to go about installing the ROM this way how else will we install?

Could you please post some test results?

Like:

1. battery performance

2. major changes compare to HH1 rom

3. speed

4. Free storage and program memory after soft-reset

Much appreciate!

You think it might make an apperance on the site you found the official H1 on?

Guest Cpt_Chaos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the insight into this. I am new to this whole WM phone thing and have been a die hard Palm OS Treo user for a long time and have been seriously considering upgrading to the Samsung i900 and have been informing myself about this phone and WM in general.

I have 1 question for you when it comes to the ROM business. I see that you are using this DXHH1 upgrade and living in the UK. I was a little bit confused because I have been learning what all this code stuff and I thought that DX is for Asia (Singapore, etc).

1. Is this DXHH1 an English ROM that can be used outside of Asia (anywhere)? The reason I ask is that I plan on buying one of this phones if I can change the ROM. I am living in Germany and I would like to have this phone in English so I don't have to fry my brain translating from German to English (the native tongue is always better for these things).
  2. My last question to you, this is an DXHH1 update. IF I would install the English ROM over the German one, do I have to put the original DXHH ROM on it before the update, or can I just put it directly over the German one?
Thanks for your time and I really appreciate this really cool and helpful sight.

Thanks!!!!!

Hi, I have the following on my phone at the mo:

PDA: i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone: i900XXHG5

1.Which is the most recent update?

2. If the update that is posted on this thread is more recent will I loose any of my programes/features that I currently have?

3. If I do use the update do I have to back-up my programes that I have put on my phone (e.g. Evernote, iLock) and then reinstall them after I have done the update?

Thanking you in advance

Matt

Guest GSeeker2
You think it might make an apperance on the site you found the official H1 on?

probably, but not yet. Likely hey release one new rom per week.

Will post here if they release HH3 rom.

Reports from PPCSG say the only difference between H1 and H3 are the readdition of the chinese input to H3, everything else seems to be the same but with slightly reduced storage due to the chinese SIP.

Guest malikms
Reports from PPCSG say the only difference between H1 and H3 are the readdition of the chinese input to H3, everything else seems to be the same but with slightly reduced storage due to the chinese SIP.

i personally don't think this is final yet, since only one person confirmed, and he said quote "Looks like the diff between H1 & H3 is the chinese SIP. The streaming video has been fixed in H1 and free storage is at 58mb."

so i guess there's much more to report about the differences between the H3 PDA and Radio from the samsung center in Malaysia and the H1 Official leak.

Under windows XP i get an error trying to launch the update application ( it says application configuration error) try re-installing the application.

i have installed the modem drivers, active sync 4.2.. but still no joy? I am using Windows XP Pro SP2

under vista i can run the application but obviously cant connect! am I missing something?

keith

Guest brilliant-green

Hi Paul, All,

I'm completely newbie. i just bought my omnia 2 days ago at HK.

First the version is I908ZHHH1, then i complain to the seller and they upgrade to i908ZHHH2 yesterday night.

My question, is it safe to upgrade to DXHH1 ?

How to upgrade to DXHH1 ? is it okay to follow the steps on your post below :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...hings-go-wrong/

I run Win XP SP2, have microsoft active sync 4.5. and already download all files that you mention on that complete guide. Please advice...

Many thanksss

;)

Under windows XP i get an error trying to launch the update application ( it says application configuration error) try re-installing the application.

i have installed the modem drivers, active sync 4.2.. but still no joy? I am using Windows XP Pro SP2

under vista i can run the application but obviously cant connect! am I missing something?

keith

I didnt have the visual C++ v6.0 runtime installed under windows XP! doh, anyway installed the runtime, and then flashed my omnia now have HH1!

had no problems flashing it, the whole process took about 12 mins!

havent tried GPS tagging yet as i was having problems with that before i flashed it!

keith

Guest Shemham Phorash

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader :wacko: . Firstly i'd like to thank Paul and all the others who dedicate themselvs to helping others like

myself get the most out of there hardware, The last time i messed about with a phone like this was back when i had a Samsung

T100 ;)

I forgot how much fun it was.

Anyway, got my omnia the other day and i was gutted there was no vibration feedback when txting, searched the net and here i am.

Firstly i upgraded to the unofficial HH1 firmware and all was well but noticed the battery drained in a day so decided to upgrade to the

official HH1, everything was working fine until i came to use my camera and i get the message "Camera application terminates due to the

lack of camera module". I have performed a hard reset and also re flashed with the HH1 official firmware but still no joy.

Has anyone any ideas please? The camera still worked with the unofficial HH1 but not sure if i can flash backwards although

looking at my phone now it might be worth a try.

[EDIT] Ok, now i have upgraded to HH3 Rom and Radio, still the same, the only thing i can think of is that the battery was at 1 bar when i

first tried the camera, when i plugged it in to charge it and re-tried the camera it said LOADING but then reverted back to the today

screen. I'd love to know what's happened. Gonna try fully charging it before trying the camera again.

Edited by Shemham Phorash

Updated, DXHH3 is in http://i900.MoDaCo.com, our main Omnia discussion area! ;)

P

Is the DXHH3 a new update then? If so is it in the main Omnia discussion area because I can't see it or am I going blind?

Is there a significant difference between the Rom currently on my phone (i900XXHG5) and this Rom that has been released? Can someone list what is new on this Rom release as I can't see a definitive list on what the differences are.

Thanking you in advance

Matt

Guest brilliant-green

last night i change to official DXHH1.

But i think i have problem with battery, it drained so fast.

do everyone else have the same issue ?

Hi Paul, so DXHH3 is the latest ? thanks ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.