Have you tried to flash a branded Samsung Omnia I900 *, what happened?

Guest Ice Man

Guest blackhorse

I certainly would format,

Not quite, Hold Pickup, at the same time as disconect, with these two keys presses stab the reset key (next to the power key) it will give the option to hard reset

Just to note few things with these Voda Omnias, prior to the debrand the manual hard reset procedure (ie hold keys + press reset pin) dosent work, i think this has been locked out by the Voda firmware, also the procedure to enter the preconfig menu for region change (i.e type pincode in phone pad) this also is locked in the Voda firmware, however this does now work since the DXHH3 has been installed.

If you need to hard reset prior to upgrade (reccomended) use the software setting: Start\Settings\System\hard\Reset\Clear Memory

Regarding the network settings question, because you will be now using an unbranded firmware (DXHH3), this rom lists settings for most UK operators and also gives the option to set up MMS/SMS setting for the detected simcard automaticly.

Performance of New ROM, think the battery performance is slightly worse off, although I would think will still get 1-2 days usage before the need to charge (i.e from 100% @ 11:00am - 90% @ 4:30pm on Standby). Touch sensitivity is much better, total debrand, samsung widget today plugin is a little slower, and no real improvement in the storage/program memory, network signal is still poor so must be a vodafone issue and not the ROM, the flip screen animation is not as smooth but is much quicker; plus now includes changable animation.

My verdict overall - Big improvement over XXHH1/ACHH1 (Voda firmware)

Downloaded from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xocswrevoyj

Edited by Ice Man

Just to note few things with these Voda Omnias, prior to the debrand the manual hard reset procedure (ie hold keys + press reset pin) dosent work, i think this has been locked out by the Voda firmware, also the procedure to enter the preconfig menu for region change (i.e type pincode in phone pad) this also is locked in the Voda firmware, however this does now work since the DXHH3 has been installed.

If you need to hard reset prior to upgrade (reccomended) use the software setting: Start\Settings\System\hard\Reset\Clear Memory

Regarding the network settings question, because you will be now using an unbranded firmware (DXHH3), this rom lists settings for most UK operators and also gives the option to set up MMS/SMS setting for the detected simcard automaticly.

Performance of New ROM, think the battery performance is slightly worse off, although I would think will still get 1-2 days usage before the need to charge (i.e from 100% @ 11:00am - 90% @ 4:30pm on Standby). Touch sensitivity is much better, total debrand, samsung widget today plugin is a little slower, and no real improvement in the storage/program memory, network signal is still poor so must be a vodafone issue and not the ROM, the flip screen animation is not as smooth but is much quicker; plus now includes changable animation.

Downloaded from here:

Many, many thanks for the feedback

Many, many thanks for the feedback

Again a big thanks to Ice Man for this guide works perfectly ;) Very happy not played about yet but nice to see it boot up!! Will report back with my feedback seems more responsive and i see what you mean about screen rotation much faster, What memory do you have? Mine reports = 90.76MB

Downloaded from here:

Just a quick question about the new flip screen animations - what are they? Is there one that just does the flip without animation?

Again a big thanks to Ice Man for this guide works perfectly ;) Very happy not played about yet but nice to see it boot up!! Will report back with my feedback seems more responsive and i see what you mean about screen rotation much faster, What memory do you have? Mine reports = 90.76MB

Storage = 90.76mb

Program = 96.71mb

Update on battery life: life has deteriated from original voda rom, not sure why this is unless the original radio rom had a setting for slightly less radio usage, will be interesting to see how future roms compare. Have also noticed that when unlocking the phone the today screen flashes twice and never did this with the voda rom weird!

Guest MusicLover

I know this has probably been discussed a million times but is there ANYWAY to get the Omnia to show emoticons in this fashion - ;) as opposed to the "old skool" : ) fashion? I don't want to have to do much to my phone (in other words wipe stuff, clear stuff, etc). I love the technology BUT I'm not really that techie.

any feedback, help, would be very much appreciated.

CHEERS (ps i'm on orange not vodafone)

Storage = 90.76mb

Program = 96.71mb

Update on battery life: life has deteriated from original voda rom, not sure why this is unless the original radio rom had a setting for slightly less radio usage, will be interesting to see how future roms compare. Have also noticed that when unlocking the phone the today screen flashes twice and never did this with the voda rom weird!

Did you hard reset afterward? My battery life seems alot better provided the system is accurately showing, After a full day at work, 30Mins WIFI browsing, texting, email check every 2 or so hours still on 70% ;)

Guest Unisoldrew
I know this has probably been discussed a million times but is there ANYWAY to get the Omnia to show emoticons in this fashion - ;) as opposed to the "old skool" : ) fashion? I don't want to have to do much to my phone (in other words wipe stuff, clear stuff, etc). I love the technology BUT I'm not really that techie.

any feedback, help, would be very much appreciated.

CHEERS (ps i'm on orange not vodafone)

You can do this with SMS-Chat

I've just purchased this as i like threaded SMS - just waiting for the email with my serial number.

Guest ☆ Ricky ☆

I don't know what to do in order to flash my SFR (french Vodafone)...

I tested on my PC (Vista) and received this message : "USDL4 has stopped working".

I tested on my brother's computer and received an other message saying that the PDA was not found...

I need help !!

Hello boys,

I have problem ;) the phone speaker doesn't work any more. I have a Vodafone branded phone with:

Pda: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Phone: i900BUHG5

and now i have:

Pda: i900DXhh3

Phone: i900DXhh3

Is it possible that in this new phone version a wrong driver is installed? Or is just my speaker death?? The headset and bluetooth headset works fine.

have someone any idea??

Greetz Blocco

Have also noticed that when unlocking the phone the today screen flashes twice and never did this with the voda rom weird!

This is something I also notice and seem affecting all the new ROM from HH1 onward, may I ask you a question? Do you have the etiquette mode enabled? If yes, try to disable it, soft reset the phone and let me know if the issue is still there.

Thanks!

Cheers.

Edited by panateo

Hello boys,

I have problem ;) the phone speaker doesn't work any more. I have a Vodafone branded phone with:

Pda: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

and now i have:

Pda: i900DXhh3

Phone: i900DXhh3

Is it possible that in this new phone version a wrong driver is installed? Or is just my speaker death?? The headset and bluetooth headset works fine.

have someone any idea??

Greetz Blocco

Not sure about this your original firmware is different to that of mine, mine was HH1, so this could be the issue, i.e flashing HH3 straight on top of an earlier rom, i also have a double barrelled firmware ie HH3/HH3 looks to me that your update has failed on the CSC side part, if that why you havent the second part of the firmware listed so may be the issue, I can only suggest trying to update to the official samsung rom avalible fom the SG Samsungmobile site, this is an older rom but may work, although you could brick your phone so only do if you want to risk it.

Edited by Ice Man

Hi there

trying to reflash a vodafone UK omnia using the method outlined above, but when the phone is picked up by the updater after it is switched on, and the updater started, I immediately get

cFile.Open Failed in the updater

Here is the output of text from the updater

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

cFile.Open Failed

I am following the method here to the letter, with the software linked to here , but repeatedly get this error..

Phone still boots after it is reset , so at least its not bricked!

any ideas? or am I to be cursed with Vodafone for ever :-)

many thanks

Bill p

I successful upgrade my i900V original Dutch VF firmware to HH3 using ICE Man method!

Before procedure I did a hard reset to go to factory settings...

Original:

PDA: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

After upgrade:

PDA: i900DXHH3/DXHH3

Phone: i900DXHH3

After upgrade network settings were detected automatically and all my VF crap is gone ;)

If ne1 needs more details pls let me know

Not sure about this your original firmware is different to that of mine, mine was HH1, so this could be the issue, i.e flashing HH3 straight on top of an earlier rom, i also have a double barrelled firmware ie HH3/HH3 looks to me that your update has failed on the CSC side part, if that why you havent the second part of the firmware listed so may be the issue, I can only suggest trying to update to the official samsung rom avalible fom the SG Samsungmobile site, this is an older rom but may work, although you could brick your phone so only do if you want to risk it.

Whoops i am sorry this is the correct version ;)

PDA: I900DXHH3/DXHH3

But is it possible that a speaker doesn't work any more while headset and bluetooth stil work, when you update the phone or pda rom? I tested also the Portuguese version GH5 and i tested the official HH1 version, the speaker is still death :wacko:

Whoops i am sorry this is the correct version ;)

PDA: I900DXHH3/DXHH3

But is it possible that a speaker doesn't work any more while headset and bluetooth stil work, when you update the phone or pda rom? I tested also the Portuguese version GH5 and i tested the official HH1 version, the speaker is still death :wacko:

I think your problem might be hardware related also as you're experiencing it on several different firmware versions...

I successful upgrade my i900V original Dutch VF firmware to HH3 using ICE Man method!

Before procedure I did a hard reset to go to factory settings...

Original:

PDA: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

After upgrade:

PDA: i900DXHH3/DXHH3

After upgrade network settings were detected automatically and all my VF crap is gone ;)

If ne1 needs more details pls let me know

I did the same, but my phone speaker doesn't work any more you dont have that problem too?

Problem solved

I was running the updater from a network drive..copying it the local C drive fixed the issue!

hope that helps someone else here

cheers

BP

Hi there

trying to reflash a vodafone UK omnia using the method outlined above, but when the phone is picked up by the updater after it is switched on, and the updater started, I immediately get

cFile.Open Failed in the updater

Here is the output of text from the updater

PDA Device Found!

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

cFile.Open Failed

I am following the method here to the letter, with the software linked to here , but repeatedly get this error..

Phone still boots after it is reset , so at least its not bricked!

any ideas? or am I to be cursed with Vodafone for ever :-)

many thanks

Bill p

I did the same, but my phone speaker doesn't work any more you dont have that problem too?

No, double checked but speaker is fine here...

You also installed different firmware versions didn't you (with still the problem remaining)?

Seems like my battery life has decreased a lot with HH3 firmware, charged overnight and 5 hours later already @ 10%?

Are there known settings to check for increasing battery life? (Also installed SPB Shell)