Have you tried to flash a branded Samsung Omnia I900 *, what happened?

Guest Ice Man

Guest browne51
I certainly would and can confirm i have used Ice Mans suggestions multiple times now and mine was a Voda branded handset now on HHI1 find this in secandys research thread. SOOO much better and smoother than the HH1 BUGH5 Voda Rom, And alot more programs

Thanks for the responses,used for the last few hours,battery life very poor,think Il look for another rom..any suggestions.Also bluetooth wont pair to connect to my Parrottck3100?ideas pls!!

Thanks for the responses,used for the last few hours,battery life very poor,think Il look for another rom..any suggestions.Also bluetooth wont pair to connect to my Parrottck3100?ideas pls!!

You have flashed and are experiencing poor battery life? If so did you perform a hard reset after the flash?

Guest SozzaSinnian
these all seem to be omnia on voda phone, but this on will be a orange , is there any difference in the method, thanks

The hardware is still the same regardless of the operator you aquire the handset from ;)

this "cFile.Open Failed" thing happened to me too with DXHH1 ROM.

somehow the software did not detect the COM port to flash my device, then when i retried i got that message.

after a few unsuccessful tries, i downloaded another ROM file and tried again, everything went fine.

then i flashed with the ROM i wanted and voila!

please test it and post your results!

Guest martin1234

hi if my i900 is handset locked to orange ( i know the sim will be locked but iam going to use a paygo o2 sim) do i need to unlock it with a dongle or by flashing, ,its still not arrived yet thanks,just trying to gather as much info , that i need to knwo rather than bricking the phone, cheers

Guest Markieman234

Seem to be getting a few issues with battery life on my newly flashed DXHI1 Vodafone Omnia.. the battery only lasts about a day with medium usage (30mins 3G browsing, 15mins texting, an hours phoning, no wifi, no GPS, 30mins installing apps).

I performed hard resets before and after flashing.. any ideas? Do you think another hard reset might help?

Thanks guys ;)

Edited by Markieman234

Guest SozzaSinnian

If you did a hard reset before and after Mark then I don't think it will help.

I remember another user saying they had battery issues too after upgrading but after a full discharge and a full charge overnight with the phone sitched off it was ok so may be worth giving that a shot if not already.

Guest Markieman234
If you did a hard reset before and after Mark then I don't think it will help.

I remember another user saying they had battery issues too after upgrading but after a full discharge and a full charge overnight with the phone sitched off it was ok so may be worth giving that a shot if not already.

Thanks mate, will try this tonight ;)

Battery life is no better in DXHH3 or DXHI1 Roms from Secany if you are comparing to the original voda XXHH1 rom (that was the only thing good about that rom!), this reduction in battey life is probably due to a modification within the radio roms meaning these are drawing more juice on standby.

What i have noticed from HH3 to HI1:

1.) Big improvement in Bluetooth headset link, in HH3 this tended to break signal during playback not a full disconection but meaning jerky playback. This seems to be fixed in HI1. (also connects to my parrot CK3100 fine with this rom, although never tried prior!)

2.) I have noticed a worsening in touch sensitivity again like in HH1 (HH3 is the best so far for this in my opinion)

3.) My Omnia has Locked up twice since HI1, by this i mean the today screen totally froze, then wont soft/hard reset, the only way to resolve is remove battery & sim then replace battery to allow the emergency call screen to appear which seems to bypass this freeze issue, find this happened after a soft reseting.

Ps. to those asking about flashing a sim locked phone, you'll have to test this if it is locked, however all ominias i know of are unlocked to networks from reading other earlier threads, unless the newer ones are different.

and to those saying they've updated to HH1 and killed their omnia, suggest in future you read the threads that many have spent hours reading and updating prior to any upgrade to understand the risks, if so you would know that there are issues upgrading to HH1, HH3 seems to be the safest bet for a first upgrade.

I'm having a huge problem with my new Omnia,

Bought an unwanted upgrade from a well known auction site (for the best part of £400),phone arrived and everything was fine, liked the phone, had the phone on handwriting recognition and set a password, which i had to enter TWICE. When I tried to unlock my phone it would not except my code, several times, now my phone has a count down wont allow my to try to enter a code more than once every hour.

I contacted Samsung and the told me I would have to send the phone to them and they would reinstall the software and then decide if it was a software issue or my fault and charge me accordingly(resigned myself to this being the case but id rather that than a £400 paper weight).Anyway, packaging arrived from Samsung and a letter saying I need to seed proof of purchase, phoned them and they told me they will not except a handset bought from EBay, even if I Pay for repairs, so I am screwed.

I thought that flashing the firmware might fix this but now activesync wont detect my phone, xp does as it allows me to see the files on it. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Good old boys, I think we now have a working process for Voda handsets!

;)

New Firmware

PDA: I900DXHH3/DXHH3

Phone: I900DXHH3

Original Firmware

PDA: I900XXHH1\ACHH1

Phone: I900BUHG5

Steps taken to install DXHH3 ROM to my Samsung Omnia (i900V):

1. Installed Active Sync 4.5 (restart XP).

2. Installed XP Samsung Modem Driver (restart XP).

3. Connect phone with USB Cable & switch phone on.

4. Wait for Active Sync to say Connected.

5. Run [i900DXHH3.exe] Updater.

6. Switch off phone & wait for the screen to turn off completely (note pressing the reset button is no good).

7. Switch on phone.

8. Update software should then detect phone.

9. Click the start button on the update software.

10. EBOOT, PDA, CSC, updates will process each in turn, then the USB port will disconect.

11. Com port will be found (if not refer to below note).

12. Phone, plus a few other updates will then be installed, updater will say 'Job Done' and the phone will reset.

13. Phone will take a few minutes to boot, then will auto reset for preconfig settings.

14. You are now a proud owner of a i900V turned i900 (i.e Vodafone free)

If Com port fails at step (11) then do:

At this point the updater will have failed to find a com port and the update now says failed, your Omnia will have hung on the boot screen with a full green bar at the bottom, but dont panic!

This is because a new driver being installed to XP during this process dident install in time during the com port search, so just wait for the driver message to pop up in XP saying something like 'Hardware is now ready to use' give it a 10 second wait, then close the failed updater application.

Now re-run the updater application, and then press reset on your Omnia, the updater should again find your device, and you should now repeat from step (9), this time it should install all the way!

However if this dosent work don't blaim me i'm just detailing my experience.

Hope this helps, and many thanks to Paul (MVP), Arramond, inst4nce, and secany for their efforts.

i have a vodafone omnia and I want to upgrade as this auto answer is really really annoying me

Please forgive me for being totally clueless but im totally new to all this -

can i clarify from the instructions above - on point 5 - where do i run the file from ? do i run it from my computer

or download the file to my phone and run it from there

also ive read about hard resetting after upgrading - do i need to do this and if so how do i do this

thanks in advance

Guest martin1234

hi right got the phone today, it is asking for a pin , ,so i put in the view code and there is a dot in the network lock tab, it lets me move to disable but then it just returns to the enable, what do i need to do next help please, thank you, can i just get a code from mobilfreedom, ?

i have a vodafone omnia and I want to upgrade as this auto answer is really really annoying me

can i clarify from the instructions above - on point 5 - where do i run the file from ? do i run it from my computer

also ive read about hard resetting after upgrading - do i need to do this and if so how do i do this

thanks in advance

another question i forgot to ask- for the samsung drivers - Ive been to the samsung site to get these and it asks which country and gives 4 choices - singapore, malaysisa, france or italy - how do i know which one to use ?

thanks again

Guest RICSBEST

I always have "cfile.Open failed".

I tried with no firewall, with updater on C: and D: drive, reboot PC, reboot Omnia, everything....

Someone can help me ?? ;)

OBS:

Omnia DXHG4

I´m trying HH1

Windows XP SP2

thanks in advance

run the updater exe from your XP computer, not from the omnia

it's recommended to hard reset before and after flashing. hard reset is found in the settings/system. clear the main memory, it'll ask u to confirm by typing 1234.

I followed iceman's instructions and my voda handset is fine ;)

Gavin

Can we all please use this thread as an experiances page for ROM upgrades only and not for asking questions about being unable to even start an upgrade process, if you are having this issue then there will be a reason for this and it wont be down to the Omnia or the ROM, but probably your PC settings/uninstalled drivers/need to restart etc. or maybe Firewall configuration or something else interfering with the process.

Sorry to have to rain down hard on this but these threads tend to get extreamly long if these are used for unessesary questions and make for a boaring read and less usefull, if you follow the process on page 2 and you cant get it to work then trust me you will be doing something wrong, and if you then cant relsove the problem on your own i would seriously suggest not updating your ROM as you should have a little peice of programming knowlage bearing in mind these are not officially released roms.

Thanks for your support.

Firstly i want to say i followed Ice Man's guide and it worked perfectly!

Only thing is i can't notice hardly any difference to the Vodafone firmware!

I installed the DXHI1 rom, originally i had XXHH1/GUHG5

No difference in speed, touchscreen, programs, layout, battery or network

Only differences are

1. no vodafone startup screen

2. takes longer to start up

3. "live" button has changed to "main menu"

4. option to change screen rotate animation

5. Java game trials are gone

That's it, and 2 of them are bad things!

So not really worth changing from voda firmware in my opinion

Guest Infamy89
Firstly i want to say i followed Ice Man's guide and it worked perfectly!

Only thing is i can't notice hardly any difference to the Vodafone firmware!

I installed the DXHI1 rom, originally i had XXHH1/GUHG5

No difference in speed, touchscreen, programs, layout, battery or network

Only differences are

1. no vodafone startup screen

2. takes longer to start up

3. "live" button has changed to "main menu"

4. option to change screen rotate animation

5. Java game trials are gone

That's it, and 2 of them are bad things!

So not really worth changing from voda firmware in my opinion

Well for those that were annoyed by the Auto answer, this is ideal. I use Opera alot and get calls in between.

As far as some other things, my battery life has improved a little.

I dont have to you use Vodafones Find and Go

and this comes with the apps its meant too

As as are you saying Java game trials are gone...unless some one wanted to buy them, downloading games is going to be much easier..

imo, getting rid of the Voda FW was a good thing

Guest jokerz1

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

I have a UK Vodafone Omnia and have followed the flashing steps on page 2 of this guide to the letter.

All seemed to go fine, the Firmware updater said it had been successful, but my phone is stuck on the Samsung Omnia loading screen and will go no further. I don't think it will even be recognised by USB, so does this mean the phone has had it??

Hope someone can halp me???

I tried updating my i900v to HH3 from HH1. I followed Ice Mans instructions and bricked my omnia, getting a doorstep swap today (I played ignorant as to why my phone wasn't starting) and I've only had it a week!

I'm not sure what went wrong, I got the searching for com port countdown and, as suggested, waited for my xp laptop to tell me new hardware was installed. Did the following:

"Now re-run the updater application, and then press reset on your Omnia, the updater should again find your device, and you should now repeat from step (9), this time it should install all the way!"

I pressed the reset and nothing happened! Should I have waited for a while or something?

I'm assuming by press reset, it means the button next to the power? Not a Hard Reset?

I ended up with just the red power light coming on and nothing else when I tried to restart the phone!

Any ideas what I may have done wrong? Sim card and memory stick were in :lol:

Cheers.

Guest Paul (MVP)
I'm having a huge problem with my new Omnia,

Bought an unwanted upgrade from a well known auction site (for the best part of £400),phone arrived and everything was fine, liked the phone, had the phone on handwriting recognition and set a password, which i had to enter TWICE. When I tried to unlock my phone it would not except my code, several times, now my phone has a count down wont allow my to try to enter a code more than once every hour.

I contacted Samsung and the told me I would have to send the phone to them and they would reinstall the software and then decide if it was a software issue or my fault and charge me accordingly(resigned myself to this being the case but id rather that than a £400 paper weight).Anyway, packaging arrived from Samsung and a letter saying I need to seed proof of purchase, phoned them and they told me they will not except a handset bought from EBay, even if I Pay for repairs, so I am screwed.

I thought that flashing the firmware might fix this but now activesync wont detect my phone, xp does as it allows me to see the files on it. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Done a hard reset? Press reset pin while holding down green / red?

P

On a positive note, I've used the instructions in this thread to upgrade my i900v from HH1 to HH3 and then HI1. Very happy so far and amazed at how many good things Vodafone had taken out of the firmware for their handsets.

I've got HI2 and HI3 sat on my XP machine ready to install, but so far I have no major issues with HI1, just that the Flash Player now lists my MP3s in Alphabetical order rather than the Album order. With my origianl HH1 ROM it listed the tracks in Album order. Is there a way to fix this ?

Other than that, it's a vast improvement. Especially with the un-molested Today 1 screen and the end of the auto-answer farce.

DC