Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest bluey09
run updater one more time, seems that your computer was not fast enough to install specific driver while phone was in that mode

i had accidents like this, just rerun updater and reset phone

hey Lyncexx,

thanks for ur help .. the reason phone download failed cuz i was using a vista machine .. but then i followed Paul's guide to i780 Vista USB Installation for Mirage Flashing and it worked like a charm on vista home premium .. :rolleyes:

Thanks

p.s i used the XP version of Grandprix

Edited by bluey09

Guest Mistwalker

I've been trying to find what's so special with these rom releases. I haven't read the whole thread thou (130+ pages(!!!)).

Is Secany modifying original rom releases and making them upgradeable for every Omnia phone?

I've tried searching for rom changelogs for both official rom updates and for secanys. Am I totally blind (god forbid) or are there not much info regardning the changes between the rom releases? The latest findings is a rom update back in November when the menus were are scrollabe and the screen rotation was faster.

The best description I've found for custom roms are these:

New Clean i900 Rom

Samsung i900 - OMNIA ***** CUSTOM ROM ***** 08.01.2009, DXHL3 pack with Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 / .NetCF 3.5 / Chinese input

They are a little more detailed about what you get when you flash your phone with their rom.

What do I get out of flashing my phone with secanys rom? What does he do to them that's so special that the thread get 400.000+ views? OBVIOUSLY he does something great thou :( :)

I've been surfing around the forum and searched both here and at my best friend (Google) without any greater results. So I decided to make a post about it.

To simplify the question:

What's special with Secany's ROMs?

Why aren't there any changelogs?

Why aren't there any comparison charts between the official roms and the custom ones?

Thanks for any answer since I'm about going mad trying to find out these things. I'm trying to understand everything in this forum so I don't have to make posts like this. But I couldn't help since there are almost only information about the custom roms, when they are out and what's the most recent version. I doubt that Samsung is releasing this many roms for a single phone?

Right now I'm rolling around like crazy in space, tearing my hair off my head. Will someone please point me to a planet with gravitation so I can stand straight up on my own feet? :rolleyes:

Guest gavinfabl
I've been trying to find what's so special with these rom releases. I haven't read the whole thread thou (130+ pages(!!!)).

Is Secany modifying original rom releases and making them upgradeable for every Omnia phone?

I've tried searching for rom changelogs for both official rom updates and for secanys. Am I totally blind (god forbid) or are there not much info regardning the changes between the rom releases? The latest findings is a rom update back in November when the menus were are scrollabe and the screen rotation was faster.

The best description I've found for custom roms are these:

New Clean i900 Rom

Samsung i900 - OMNIA ***** CUSTOM ROM ***** 08.01.2009, DXHL3 pack with Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 / .NetCF 3.5 / Chinese input

They are a little more detailed about what you get when you flash your phone with their rom.

What do I get out of flashing my phone with secanys rom? What does he do to them that's so special that the thread get 400.000+ views? OBVIOUSLY he does something great thou :( :)

I've been surfing around the forum and searched both here and at my best friend (Google) without any greater results. So I decided to make a post about it.

To simplify the question:

What's special with Secany's ROMs?

Why aren't there any changelogs?

Why aren't there any comparison charts between the official roms and the custom ones?

Thanks for any answer since I'm about going mad trying to find out these things. I'm trying to understand everything in this forum so I don't have to make posts like this. But I couldn't help since there are almost only information about the custom roms, when they are out and what's the most recent version. I doubt that Samsung is releasing this many roms for a single phone?

Right now I'm rolling around like crazy in space, tearing my hair off my head. Will someone please point me to a planet with gravitation so I can stand straight up on my own feet? :rolleyes:

Secanys roms are from samsung and untouched. They are the very latest. The roms available on Samsungs website are the same but often you might have to wait months before you get the latest ones that Secany offers.

Then there are custom roms that have been tweaked.

Guest afarago
How to install the latest ROM? Is there no guide?

There is no difference between the installation of the latest and the previous GP ROMs.

If you are a beginner than please do research for a HOW TO guide before doing anything because you can easily kill your Omnia during the process!

Guest adyuaic
There is no difference between the installation of the latest and the previous GP ROMs.

If you are a beginner than please do research for a HOW TO guide before doing anything because you can easily kill your Omnia during the process!

Guest adyuaic

ok. thx, but i just wanted to know how that program works, and how can i use it.

Edited by adyuaic

ok. thx, but i just wanted to know how that program works, and how can i use it.

Which program? The EXE updaters or Grand Prix? The EXE updater prompts you on what to do when you launch it. For Grand Prix, it's best that you not mess with it unless what you're doing. There have been many posts here which tell you how to flash using Grand Prix and there's even a Grand Prix manual linked to on this very thread I believe ...

But as I said, don't use it if you don't know what you're doing :rolleyes:

Guest Mistwalker

Phone flashed after a few problems. Phone part wasn't updated first time, had to do the "fix for incorrect software version". Problems were related to me thou since I'm a first time flasher (for this phone).

Now I'm off to M2D and the cooking tuts.

Thanks for the ROM! The phone is faster and I have a lot of new Widgets! :rolleyes: Sweden haven't had any ROM update I belive, and will probably not get anyone either :D

But thanks to you I have the very very latest! :) :( :(

Guest lazylilsnoop
Anyone going to out this room into a .exe gradprix no fun!!!

it really easy to use grandprix. only 4 files and 4 empty slots. each slots exactly match each files. so anyone with general knowledge of IT would able to figure it out. maybe the fear of damaging the phone exist which makes people scare to try.

anyway that guide posted before will help u guys out alot

Guest hellfire8888
it really easy to use grandprix. only 4 files and 4 empty slots. each slots exactly match each files. so anyone with general knowledge of IT would able to figure it out. maybe the fear of damaging the phone exist which makes people scare to try.

anyway that guide posted before will help u guys out alot

i have help u created a single exe to update.. onli support in windows xp

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a018330/n/...137-IA1-HL3_exe

PDA: i900DXIA1/DZIA1

PHONE: i900DXHL3

Edited by hellfire8888