Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest konworld

@secany:

I have:

PDA: i900BDHI2/BDHI2 (<---Greece and Cyprus)

Phone: i900XXHH9

Q: Which is the best for me?

Also:

A ) Can you help find an English ROM with support for Greek Lang, and Greek xT9 (I like the Samsung defaults (KB,Kepad,Phonepad) but that respects the Omnia's huge battery. (Or point me in the right direction)

B ) Possibly a custom English/Greek ROM without windows task manager & file explorer (hopefully FdcSoft Task Manager v3, Iconsof Spam alert, Resco

Explorer, memMaid, magic button, pShutXP, and a better Samsung today 2 (like Greatball's) but without spb shell. I think SPB is cr@ppy) I can find

the cabs for most of the stuff i need.

C ) I also need my original ROM just in case I have to take it back for SERVICE (which I might, cause my battery only lasts one day)

D ) How hard is it to Make My Own ROM ? I am looking for stripping it down adding only what I want in ROM and everything else in storage.

Please help! I've been reading on and on in various threads and I am getting more confused every second...

Thanks in advance!

-konworld

C ) I also need my original ROM just in case I have to take it back for SERVICE (which I might, cause my battery only lasts one day)

D ) How hard is it to Make My Own ROM ? I am looking for stripping it down adding only what I want in ROM and everything else in storage.

Please help! I've been reading on and on in various threads and I am getting more confused every second...

Come on now there are some very good threads here with advice on putting together your own stripped down ROM. Keep reading and then experiment. We can't spoon feed every new person on the forum.

As far as your original ROM is concerned I don't believe anyone has reconstructed an i900 ROM from a dump of a phone. Your best hope is to find an update on the Samsung website and keep that for an emergency. I understand though that there are some issues with going back to one of these ROMs from the ones available on this site. However everyone who changes from their original ROM is so happy they stick with it and don't go back. If you have hardware issues with your phone I suggest you sort them out with your supplier first.

Guest Real Red
Hi guys !

I am new to this forum and want to join this community. I have a question. I want to upgrade my Omnia's rom to DZHL5 but i don't know how to do that because mine is MSHJ1. So please help me out, i'll really appreciate.

PS: I have already tried editing registry but nothing happened. Originally my phone was Orange branded and was loaded with BVHH1 firmware but i have debranded it with the help of a tutorial.

I think roms released by Secany(ken) are not branded and U will be able update your omnia using grand prix and there's no need for any other changes in registery for using grand prix see my blog:

http://omnia-persian-users.blogspot.com/

or get the instruction note from secany's post

for official roms:http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

U may be able by using these instruction:

*#1546792#*>preconfiguration>*#81230*# and then change to your ROM country & then it will be restart & "RESET" so it is better to have a backup .

the other way is : modify Ur ROM (update.exe) content[using a binary editor like xiv32]; change the rom ver at the end of file to ur omnia country rom

Edited by Real Red

Guest konworld
Come on now there are some very good threads here with advice on putting together your own stripped down ROM. Keep reading and then experiment. We can't spoon feed every new person on the forum.

- Sorry Dude. I thought this was the point of these forums. I already said I have been reading on and on but I get more confused. But thanks for the help.

As far as your original ROM is concerned I don't believe anyone has reconstructed an i900 ROM from a dump of a phone. Your best hope is to find an update on the Samsung website and keep that for an emergency. I understand though that there are some issues with going back to one of these ROMs from the ones available on this site. However everyone who changes from their original ROM is so happy they stick with it and don't go back. If you have hardware issues with your phone I suggest you sort them out with your supplier first.

If there was an update on the website I would have grabbed it already. I might be a n00b but I'm not retarded. And again I stated that IF I ever need to take it for service, I need to revert back to thew original one. I paid 629 Euros for the phone brother. I'm not about to void the warranty just yet. So as I said, I cannot locate my phone's FW and Samsungs Service Center in Greece say they have no update nor can they provide me with a copy of the existing version.

.....We can't spoon feed every new person on the forum.

What's all this "we" stuff. Basking in other peoples glory are we? laugh.gif

My question was aimed at secany who knows what he is doing and has access to such material. I never asked you for anything.

But you have been really helpful. rolleyes.gif Thanks again.

Hi Demon-knight,

Currently I'm using i900DXIA2 with i900DZIA2 csc, the storage is about 53.xxMB free when complete flash, I spend about 3-5 days for 1 version, so very hard to say what is the best roms. As my opinion, the worst roms is December 2008 roms, we are tried to add new functions, widgets, programs, but haven't adjust the storage memory. Now the problem been fixed :)

Regards,

Ken.

@i900DXIA2 coming to special list soon. Be carefull if you see i900DXIA2.exe !!! There is new rom struct, so I'm stop sending exe file for safety!

can any body give info on "i900DXIA1_DZIA""? Free space ? UI ? speed? touch response?

I like to try it but would love to know first ?

Any pics anywhere ?

Thanks

Guest peopleschamp

Hi Ken.

Is there any new italian rom planned?

Do you recommend to use the XIIA1 instead of DXHL3_DZHL3?

Or is it better to use the upcoming DXIA2_DZIA2?

Thanks a lot

Guest demon-knight
Hi Demon-knight,

Currently I'm using i900DXIA2 with i900DZIA2 csc, the storage is about 53.xxMB free when complete flash, I spend about 3-5 days for 1 version, so very hard to say what is the best roms. As my opinion, the worst roms is December 2008 roms, we are tried to add new functions, widgets, programs, but haven't adjust the storage memory. Now the problem been fixed :)

Regards,

Ken.

@i900DXIA2 coming to special list soon. Be carefull if you see i900DXIA2.exe !!! There is new rom struct, so I'm stop sending exe file for safety!

Thanks for the heads up, im always amazed at the pace of development on this phone, it always getting better and better.

One question I must ask which I know is possible but will Samsung eventually put WM7 on the phone if it ever makes it out of the voles hands?

Been a beta te

Hi Demon-knight,

Regards,

Ken.

Finally!

You figured out how to remove doubled and tripled files form internal storage! Awesome! :)

Why did it take sooooo loooong?

Will you help ppl here at Android too? You"re soo gentle! :D

;)

Guest bobobird

I wonder when Samsung will start looking at the functions of the Camera and coming up with dated directories for saving photos/vids similar to the Symbian OS.

And of course the Bluetooth and voice dialing problem.

Edited by bobobird

Guest soninke
Coming soon:

- English: i900DXIA2_DZIA2

- French: i900XHIA3_XHIA2

- German : (forget the name) German, non-branded, 2009 roms.

hello secany,

I have just made you gift, for your work to get new the Rom to us.

Donate N° 0AD6991313766605H

thank you to send new the French ROM to me :)

Edited by soninke

Guest MickyMax
Coming soon:

- English: i900DXIA2_DZIA2

- French: i900XHIA3_XHIA2

- German : (forget the name) German, non-branded, 2009 roms.

Regards,

Ken.

Have you a changelog for the French ROM please ?

I wonder when Samsung will start looking at the functions of the Camera and coming up with dated directories for saving photos/vids similar to the Symbian OS.

And of course the Bluetooth and voice dialing problem.

Camera wont be better in Omnia. <_<

The firmware is a peace of s***! They dont care about it. :)

They never updated the camera firmware, in Koreat they concentrate only t*omnia and the new android omnia. Out of Korea the multitasking is not their virtues.

Guest Barthlon
can any body give info on "i900DXIA1_DZIA""? Free space ? UI ? speed? touch response?

I like to try it but would love to know first ?

Any pics anywhere ?

Thanks

see #2633

there haven't been anymore comments since then :)

Guest jarbolino

HI,

Im from Brazil and i buy my Omnia in Timtechs.com and his version came like this:

PDA: i900XXHJ1/XFHJ1

PHONE:i900XXHI5

Do you have a new version for my OMNIA? English and Portuguese Brazilian??

If you have, How I can get that?