Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest bobobird

Camera wont be better in Omnia. <_<

The firmware is a peace of s***! They dont care about it. :)

They never updated the camera firmware, in Koreat they concentrate only t*omnia and the new android omnia. Out of Korea the multitasking is not their virtues.

I just had to put in a rant.

Not expecting much from SS, and you are right about Koreans. The few I know are good people but can be quite one tracked and stubborn. But there is always hope that they might actually listen... haha

I just had to put in a rant.

Not expecting much from SS, and you are right about Koreans. The few I know are good people but can be quite one tracked and stubborn. But there is always hope that they might actually listen... haha

yes, we are waiting for opensource android drivers from samsung (maybe after 2 years we will get it....), after everything will be sooo easy! :)

yes, we are waiting for opensource android drivers from samsung (maybe after 2 years we will get it....), after everything will be sooo easy! :)

which means that we can use the T or android's camera driver for our Omnia.

Guest Geronymous
I wonder when Samsung will start looking at the functions of the Camera and coming up with dated directories for saving photos/vids similar to the Symbian OS.

And of course the Bluetooth and voice dialing problem.

Rather than dated directories, I would really prefer the filenames to be dated, as Eten does... so much easier to manage and sort your pictures, even after reflashing your ROM!

And now that we are asking... get back the original geotagging functionality of older ROMs, where it was possible to take picture even without a fix, while keeping the geotagging functionality ON...

Guest bobobird
Rather than dated directories, I would really prefer the filenames to be dated, as Eten does... so much easier to manage and sort your pictures, even after reflashing your ROM!

And now that we are asking... get back the original geotagging functionality of older ROMs, where it was possible to take picture even without a fix, while keeping the geotagging functionality ON...

Yes that would be nice too. But with hundreds of pics in the one folder, one will soon realise why dated dirs (with dated pics) are needed. Running through huge directories takes up gobs of memory which we do not have!

Geotagging - With fix = have tag, without fix = no tag - seems reasonable but perhaps I a reading your comment wrongly. Can you elaborate please.

Guest Barthlon
I wonder when Samsung will start looking at the functions of the Camera and coming up with dated directories for saving photos/vids similar to the Symbian OS.

And of course the Bluetooth and voice dialing problem.

the weird part is is that it does remember the anti-shake feature on the camera, but all of the other settings keep changing back to default. you would image they would have a fix for that back in.... oktober 2008?

i still have my hopes, also on winmo 6.5 (7 is too late, i'll probably have a whole new phone by then) :)

the weird part is is that it does remember the anti-shake feature on the camera, but all of the other settings keep changing back to default. you would image they would have a fix for that back in.... oktober 2008?

i still have my hopes, also on winmo 6.5 (7 is too late, i'll probably have a whole new phone by then) :)

Windows Mobile 7 is over. What do you think, why microfos set its release date to 2010?

Guest bobobird

Windows Mobile 7 is over. What do you think, why microfos set its release date to 2010?

Regarding MS strategy - the day they started putting excessive resources into activation and DRM, that was the day MS focus changed and it no longer has the capacity to do anything properly. The unfortunate thing is that Windows is still the dominant OS ---- but for certain one day, MS will be de-throned. Question is when not if !

Regarding MS strategy - the day they started putting excessive resources into activation and DRM, that was the day MS focus changed and it no longer has the capacity to do anything properly. The unfortunate thing is that Windows is still the dominant OS ---- but for certain one day, MS will be de-throned. Question is when not if !

See: samsung , htc and sonyerriccson has already dropped windows mobile! :)

Edited by taril

Guest bobobird

About camera settings.

Anti-shake should not even be a setting, it should be perm fixed within the app. Who would not want anti-shake to be on ?? But as it is atm, at least there is the choice to leave it off.

As for the other settings, it just does what normal digital cameras do - one has to define those for the conditions at the time of the shoot if one feels that auto everything is not good enough. Actually, the same applies to non-digital cameras. The process of defining these additional settings could however be improved. Pushing icons left and right is quite disruptive!

If we check the photos on show in the gallery thread, almost all were taken with normal settings so basically confirming the point made in the last para.

But shoot organisation and storage is one area where SS could put in a bit more effort. Another one would pic preview within the camera app of not only the last taken photo but all photos within that particular directory.

What we are getting is an incomplete solution and SS should fix that.

Guest Geronymous
Yes that would be nice too. But with hundreds of pics in the one folder, one will soon realise why dated dirs (with dated pics) are needed. Running through huge directories takes up gobs of memory which we do not have!

Geotagging - With fix = have tag, without fix = no tag - seems reasonable but perhaps I a reading your comment wrongly. Can you elaborate please.

Regarding the 1st point, a good compromise would be to have monthly directories (as another poster mentioned), but most important is to have dated pics as you also say!

Geotagging: in earlier ROMs of the Omnia (can't remember when it changed exactly, but we could trace it based on the posts made at the time), you could have the geotagging setting ON all the time. When you opened the camera, it would show a small satellite icon blinking, meaning there was no fix yet, but you could start taking pictures (or take a picture inside without a fix). Eventually the icon would become white meaning you had a fix. Either way, when you exited the application, the setting was still ON.

Now, if you want to geotag, you need to change the setting first, and then exit the camera application. Then restart the camera application, and wait until there is a fix (you can't take any picture otherwise), or cancel geotagging if you are tired of waiting and want to take a picture anyway. Which in this case means that next time you want to geotag, you need to start from the beginning again... Very impractical if you want to take your pictures "if possible" with a geotag, but not necessarily (like inside, or when you need to shoot quickly)...

But as I said, the functionality was different (and in my opinion MUCH BETTER) in older ROMs! Hope I explained it better now... :)

Secany how long we must be waiting for new DXAI2?When you be sending links to dotators from your list?Please,respondindg for this question:)

Edited by sardor

Guest bobobird
Regarding the 1st point, a good compromise would be to have monthly directories (as another poster mentioned), but most important is to have dated pics as you also say!

Geotagging: in earlier ROMs of the Omnia (can't remember when it changed exactly, but we could trace it based on the posts made at the time), you could have the geotagging setting ON all the time. When you opened the camera, it would show a small satellite icon blinking, meaning there was no fix yet, but you could start taking pictures (or take a picture inside without a fix). Eventually the icon would become white meaning you had a fix. Either way, when you exited the application, the setting was still ON.

Now, if you want to geotag, you need to change the setting first, and then exit the camera application. Then restart the camera application, and wait until there is a fix (you can't take any picture otherwise), or cancel geotagging if you are tired of waiting and want to take a picture anyway. Which in this case means that next time you want to geotag, you need to start from the beginning again... Very impractical if you want to take your pictures "if possible" with a geotag, but not necessarily (like inside, or when you need to shoot quickly)...

But as I said, the functionality was different (and in my opinion MUCH BETTER) in older ROMs! Hope I explained it better now... :)

Yes, I agree about the default ON setting for geo.

Guest sebdigital
Secany how long we must be waiting for new DXAI2?When you be sending links to dotators from your list?Please,respondindg for this question:)

+1

3 days now you said sending us the new rom, I want my sunday for flashing :)

Guest Barthlon
I agree,sunday is good day for flashing:)

the best answer to your questions is: when he sends it...

secany will send the rom to the list and place it on the forum... when he does!

no need to keep asking and asking :)

i know the addicts get very excited, but the bigger the excitement, the better the high! :D

It will be sent when samsung developers will finish program and drivers fixes in Korea. After it has to translate to English. I thought its clear. :) :D :)

Guest alvinezz

Hi guys,

I am new to Omnia (well, actually I am still waiting for my Omnia to come! :) ).. I have looked around for a ROM so that I can upgrade my Omnia when it actually arrives..

Since I am a newbie to Omnia and WinMo device as general, I ve decided to use Secany's official ROM (this is official right?) instead of Cooked Rom (scared of bricking my Omnia..). Few ppl say DXHL3 is the best so far, even compare to the latest one DXIA1.. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is Secany ROM in .exe format or I have to use GrandPrix? Heard using GrandPrix not for newbie since its risky and can brick the phone if something goes wrong..?

Thanks in advance ^^

:D