Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Hello, and thanks for all the help and info given in this forum.

My Player Addict is fresh out of SFR and has version I900XHHG4/AEHG4 and I900BUHG3

Just want to have an english version, but will first flash it with latest official version XHHH2 first to make sure I can come back to it.

I am very interested by this new I900XBHI5 ROM, but looking at the screen shots, it doesn't look like it shows the Mac Address of the WiFi card or the Bluetooth settings ... is this because of the the phone itself being some chinese version without GPS or WiFi?

For info to all people out there getting an SFR phone in French but interested in changing the language (for whatever reason), here is the official SFR Tech answer to my question:

Bonjour,

Je vous propose de contacter votre constructeur, en l'ocurrence

Samsung. En effet, le choix de la langue est une fonction proposée et

gérée par le fabricant. Ce type de manipulation ne nécessite pas une

connexion au réseau SFR et n'est lié qu'au locigiel du téléphone.

Samsung: 0825 08 65 65

http://www.samsung.fr

Vous pouvez également vous rendre dans un Espace SFR. Ceux-ci sont en

contact avec les constructeurs.

Cordialement,

Pierre A.

Votre Service Client SFR,

---------------------------

Pour nous contacter : http://www.sfr.fr/contacter-sfr/

>Le 04/09/08 à 09:13 (GMT), Vous nous avez écrit :

>numero : 0618294638

>nom : ROY

>prenom : OLIVIER

>question :

>Bonjour, je viens d'obtenir un Player Addict dans une de vos

boutiques, et

>je m'apperçois qu'il est impossible de changer la langue du système

> contrainte Microsoft je suppose. Donc, serait-il possible d'obtenir

un fla

>sh ROM de mon mobile avec un OS en Anglais?

>Merci.

Just finished installing the new XHHH2 ROM (French SFR version from Samsung).

Testing the new ROM ... starting with the free download of the new SFR GPS navigation system which is free of use until October 10th.

So, until we get access to the new and improved XBHI5 ROM, this will do ...

For info, you MUST download and install the Samsung Modem driver in order to flash properly, as the 4th and last file of the ROM uses the Modem driver to update your device.

Also, the first boot is a bit long, due to the self config of the device, so be patient ...

Edited by Ozone66

Guest Flamatel

Finally a ROM in Spanish.

This is hopefully enough for Paul for cooking a Spanish Language Rom Finally:

PDA Version : Pda i900xjhh1

Phone: i900xxhh3

This is an Original Sim Free Dump of i900 Omnia without Customization.

I have successfully dumped the Rom To Part02.raw compressed and uploaded it to megaupload under following link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NGT0AHVJ

If I´m not wrong there wasn´t available yet a Spanish Rom so this might be the solution if Paul is able to Cook the Rom successfully.

Thank you in advance..............

Alexander

Guest cidriver

Dear Secany, as many others, I think the way is forward to the new XI Multi Language ROM. Everyone would be happy.

But to all those are in a hurry... be patient, we must prefer a better one that a same ROM.

Secany, take your time and thanks again for your support. (if you need a beta tester, let me know)

Dear Secany, as many others, I think the way is forward to the new XI Multi Language ROM. Everyone would be happy.

But to all those are in a hurry... be patient, we must prefer a better one that a same ROM.

Secany, take your time and thanks again for your support. (if you need a beta tester, let me know)

Secany

Just checked the official Samsung Update page, and there is now a Italy region Rom named i900XIHH9 do you know the spec of this rom is it multi language?

Here is lastest i900_DX firmware:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141174440/i900DXHH3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/141180715/i900DXHH3.part2.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xocswrevoyj

I also have some lastest (09.2008) firmware for Italy, German, Turkey, Arabic, etc... Will upload later when I have time

PS: I attached a part of the release note, inside descrie what have fixed in new HH2 and HH3 version. Please try to quote to another forum with a credit to me ;)

Regards,

K

10.Sep.09:

i900XIHH5_HH9 Italian, non-branded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143913583/i900...XIHH9.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/143921243/i900...XIHH9.part2.rar

12.Sep.09:

i900XHHH4_French, non-branded, Official.

http://rapidshare.com/files/141147517/i900...XHHH4.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/141156038/i900...XHHH4.part2.rar

14.Sep.09:

i900XIHH5 Italian, for VISTA ONLY!

http://rapidshare.com/files/144886335/i900...vista.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/144879473/i900...vista.part1.rar

few questions:

is this official release?

is there any risk this will brick my phone? I tried to install HH1 downloaded from here and my phone is dead after the procedure say job done, with no any error. will this do the same?

does this work in vista? i have vista 64 bit.

few questions:

is this official release?

is there any risk this will brick my phone? I tried to install HH1 downloaded from here and my phone is dead after the procedure say job done, with no any error. will this do the same?

does this work in vista? i have vista 64 bit.

All, official releases are on the samsung web site, keep in mind that if you don't want to "break" your phone, all you need to do is go to your local provider and they will flash your phone for you with the latest official ROM available, but of course, they'll take your phone, send it to the support team (wherever they are) and give it back to you a few days (weeks?) later ...

Flashing your phone yourself is a risk, and you need to mesure that risk before taking it.

As for running the flash from a Vista 64 bit system, I don't think it's a good idea to start with! I have a 64 bit Vista station at home, but I did my flash at work on a well tested and stable XP station ...

My advice to you is to visit the samsung official web site and download the appropriate version you need and follow the instructions step by step ...

The following versions seem to be available for the download of Mobile Device Center:

Select your language below to download the Windows Mobile Device Center:

Chinese (Simplified), 32-bit

Chinese (Simplified), 64-bit

Chinese (Traditional), 32-bit

Chinese (Traditional), 64-bit

Czech, 32-bit

Czech, 64-bit

Danish, 32-bit

Danish, 64-bit

Dutch, 32-bit

Dutch, 64-bit

English, 32-bit

English, 64-bit

Finnish, 32-bit

Finnish, 64-bit

French, 32-bi

French, 64-bit

German, 32-bit

German, 64-bit

Greek, 32-bit

Greek, 64-bit

Hungarian, 32-bit

Hungarian, 64-bit

Italian, 32-bit

Italian, 64-bit

Japanese, 32-bit

Japanese, 64-bit

Korean, 32-bit

Korean, 64-bit

Norwegian, 32-bit

Norwegian, 64-bit

Polish, 32-bit

Polish, 64-bit

Portuguese (Brazilian), 32-bit

Portuguese (Brazilian), 64-bit

Portuguese (Portugal), 32-bit

Portuguese (Portugal), 64-bit

Romanian, 32-bit

Romanian, 64-bit

Russian, 32-bit

Russian, 64-bit

Slovakian, 32-bit

Slovakian, 64-bit

Spanish, 32-bit

Spanish, 64-bit

Swedish, 32-bit

Swedish, 64-bit

Turkish, 32-bit

Turkish, 64-bit

Good Luck!

Edited by Ozone66

All, official releases are on the samsung web site, keep in mind that if you don't want to "break" your phone, all you need to do is go to your local provider and they will flash your phone for you with the latest official ROM available, but of course, they'll take your phone, send it to the support team (wherever they are) and give it back to you a few days (weeks?) later ...

Flashing your phone yourself is a risk, and you need to mesure that risk before taking it.

As for running the flash from a Vista 64 bit system, I don't think it's a good idea to start with! I have a 64 bit Vista station at home, but I did my flash at work on a well tested and stable XP station ...

My advice to you is to visit the samsung official web site and download the appropriate version you need and follow the instructions step by step ...

The following versions seem to be available for the download of Mobile Device Center:

Czech, 32-bit

Czech, 64-bit

Danish, 32-bit

Danish, 64-bit

Dutch, 32-bit

Dutch, 64-bit

English, 32-bit

English, 64-bit

Finnish, 32-bit

Finnish, 64-bit

French, 32-bi

French, 64-bit

German, 32-bit

German, 64-bit

Greek, 32-bit

Greek, 64-bit

Hungarian, 32-bit

Hungarian, 64-bit

Italian, 32-bit

Italian, 64-bit

Japanese, 32-bit

Japanese, 64-bit

Korean, 32-bit

Korean, 64-bit

Norwegian, 32-bit

Norwegian, 64-bit

Polish, 32-bit

Polish, 64-bit

Romanian, 32-bit

Romanian, 64-bit

Russian, 32-bit

Russian, 64-bit

Slovakian, 32-bit

Slovakian, 64-bit

Spanish, 32-bit

Spanish, 64-bit

Swedish, 32-bit

Swedish, 64-bit

Turkish, 32-bit

Turkish, 64-bit

Good Luck!

What's the samsung web site for downloading this? I don't found

Edited by Tonimix

Guest ratapoil
Just finished installing the new XHHH2 ROM (French SFR version from Samsung).

Testing the new ROM ... starting with the free download of the new SFR GPS navigation system which is free of use until October 10th.

So, until we get access to the new and improved XBHI5 ROM, this will do ...

For info, you MUST download and install the Samsung Modem driver in order to flash properly, as the 4th and last file of the ROM uses the Modem driver to update your device.

Also, the first boot is a bit long, due to the self config of the device, so be patient ...

Hi all !

First, be indulgent with my english, please, i've never learned this tongue at school (german, latin, greek : all classical !).

Then, i've a question : for upgrading my i900 (free model, with XHHG6 rom version) with the HHH4 rom (link above), must i install first samsung modem driver ? And then, must i use directly the HHH4 file wich link is given here, or use the prog from samsung on his upgrading site ?

I hope you understand me (??), and waiting for eventual answer !

THX !

Czech, 32-bit

Czech, 64-bit

Danish, 32-bit

Danish, 64-bit

Dutch, 32-bit

Dutch, 64-bit

English, 32-bit

English, 64-bit

Finnish, 32-bit

Finnish, 64-bit

French, 32-bi

French, 64-bit

German, 32-bit

German, 64-bit

Greek, 32-bit

Greek, 64-bit

Hungarian, 32-bit

Hungarian, 64-bit

Italian, 32-bit

Italian, 64-bit

Japanese, 32-bit

Japanese, 64-bit

Korean, 32-bit

Korean, 64-bit

Norwegian, 32-bit

Norwegian, 64-bit

Polish, 32-bit

Polish, 64-bit

Romanian, 32-bit

Romanian, 64-bit

Russian, 32-bit

Russian, 64-bit

Slovakian, 32-bit

Slovakian, 64-bit

Spanish, 32-bit

Spanish, 64-bit

Swedish, 32-bit

Swedish, 64-bit

Turkish, 32-bit

Turkish, 64-bit

Good Luck!

so the one posted here is not official release? why does it say it is offiial relase?

I am in US. I got this from asia seller, even the one sold online in US are exported from asia. the phone is not from provider, they are unbranded, same for most people here using the forum. official release will work without any problem. most people who had problem is because they downloaded the files from this site.

i900DXHI1 coming soon. Check the thread agian tomorrow ;)

It fixed a lot of bugs in DXHH3, I will give details on this.

To whom who still think about my ROM I upload is Official or non-offical or crap, as I say before, use it or not, you have the decision. What I can prove is, all rom i upload is original from samsung :wacko:

To whom who still think about my ROM I upload is Official or non-offical or crap, as I say before, use it or not, you have the decision. What I can prove is, all rom i upload is original from samsung :wacko:

No news about the ARABIC Rom ?

Regards,

i900DXHI1 coming soon. Check the thread agian tomorrow :wacko:

To whom who still think about my ROM I upload is Official or non-offical or crap, as I say before, use it or not, you have the decision. What I can prove is, all rom i upload is original from samsung :(

Secany, your is contribution is much appreciated, and we patiently await your next uploads. ;)

Wow you're back. Great news. i Love you even More Mate!! can't wait till you upload the I1 ROM. i'm a DX fan myself, same as you. Thanks again for this Valuable yet priceless information. Have a good one! Cheers!

Great secany, don't care about them, your work is always really appreciated! :(

i900XBHI4 Multilang is buggy, after activate Data connection, when the phone autolock, it will become unstable, sometimes hang, freezed, sometimes become very slow, and the phone get very hot! I'm testing new ver i900XBHI6/XBHI7 now.

I have another i900 here, and tested clearly that CSC is contents, customize pack, branded or not is depend on csc.

By the way, about the arabic rom, it's time to give an answer to all other query about other lang rom.

Arabic, Turkey: sorry, I can't share it at the moment, as I promised my friend who has a service center in Dubai, I give him exclusive for a while, will upload when possible. The newer ver of Arabic is i900JPHI5

German, Spaninsh: I asked you guys to help me test the CSC to confirm my idea, non of you help me on that, I mean I never receive anything infor about that test, so, as I say, if you guys help me figure the csc thing, then we will have a lot of non-branded firmware. Sadly, nope, so I will test it by my self. To repeat, there isn't German and Spanish new version ROM come with non-brand, I think I can modify from brand to non-brand, but as I say: MODIFY, so there is a risk, since non of you dare to test, I will test it by myself, my it takes time, as currently I'm testing i900XBHI6/HI7 ver.

Why I upload Italy and French rom before German/Spanish? Because I have to modify and test German/Spanish rom, while Italy and French is original non-branded.

One more thing I'd like to say, ROM I upload in this thread, all is dev rom, tested by samsung windows mobile s/w lab, you guys don't have to test it anymore, so please stop writing : "Please send me bla bla bla, I'd like to help you test it" ;) What need to test, I put on another thread and I did write it very clear : "NEED TO TEST", right?

Once agian, please understand the situation. I'm not always free, and I haven't, never, and won't ask for any donation. I saw you guys like new rom, and I really want to help you guys got a stable ROM for your beloved i900, that is why I upload thoese ROM.

So, enjoy it, if you want :wacko:

Thank you for all your supporting.

Regards,

Ken.

German, Spaninsh: I asked you guys to help me test the CSC to confirm my idea, non of you help me on that, I mean I never receive anything infor about that test, so, as I say, if you guys help me figure the csc thing, then we will have a lot of non-branded firmware. Sadly, nope, so I will test it by my self.

I really would like to help with this problem, but i dont understand/speak italian:

quota from you in the Thread (NEED TO TEST): "- Language is Italian."

So.. how could we german users who dont speak italian test these CSC?

Here, i900DXHH3 bugs which fixed in i900DXHI1. It's quite a lot, right :wacko:

couldn't agree more, didn't know exactly if those bugs exist in the first place, except for the camera memory problem, but i thought this was fix since DXHH1 and DXHH3 (never experienced it again since i moved to H3). ;) hahahhaha. thanks a million Ken! have a good one!

Edited by malikms