Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest panateo
thanks !

strange, the name changed from usdl to umdl.. Uman downloader ? :)

the latest ROMs released are still using usdl 1.6.4, where did you find this one ?

I don't trust it !

It's not a new Downloader, it's just the Multi DownLoader, that's why is called mdl and the other sdl (single downloader).

umdl 1.8.1 is not newer than usdl 1.6.4 :D

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

T.

Edited by panateo

Allright,

I've found this here before (in the same thread) and it worked for me:

Before you start check that you have all the 4 files needed, they will have names like Bootimage...nb0 , ....phone.bin , CSC....csc , PDA...bin.

With the dots ... representing a version number.

00. Shut off the phone

01. Rename the files to eboot.nb0 , phone.bin , customer.csc and pda.bin

02. Turn off phone

03. run GrandPrix

04. Select a profile: "GRANDPRIX LV image"

05. Load "loader" with eboot.nb0, "pda" with pda.bin, "CSC" with customer.csc, "Phone" with phone.bin

06. I would chechmark "Format Devices Internal Large Disk" as it appears to work best.

07. Connect phone, turn on

08. Click on Detect button and wait... Until you are able to use "Start Downloading".

09. Push "Start Downloading" and the update will start.

10. In the right part of the screen you can follow the update process. I don't remember what message will be displayed but it must be something like "Job Done", "Job Finished" or whatever.

11. Disconnect the phone, start it up, do 1 or 2 hard resets and your done.

To be on the save side and a little more complete I've added 6 points.

I installed the samsung usb driver on a XP laptop and followed this guide step by step. But when I press detect and turn on the phone nothing happens, the "Start Downloading" button doesn't become usable and the phone starts as normal. I haven't installed the Windows Mibile Device Center but I read somewhere it is not needed, when one is using Grand Prix.

ludio - restart the phone, can take a few times sometimes.

Restarted it 5-6 times but same thing. The GP doesn't detect the phone. Also I updated the ROM using Samsung official site for updates but since I bought the phone from Italy the only ROM I could install was the italian one and it's in well... italian. I want my Omnia in english because I don't understand much of the italian stuff. Tried the trick Paul has posted with the location change to Singapore but it continues to say "Incorrect Software Version" when I try any of the official ROMs.

Guest steff195

This ain't Secany's version, right? I see the source is Pdaviet, which I'm not familiar with, so I think I'll wait for Secany's version.

Ok I think I've f*cked up the phone. I used tha last ROM Secany has posted with the GP that was next to the ROM. I started the GP placed the files acordingly, pressed "Detect", started the phone and the downloading began on it's own. It got to:

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

PHONE will be written.

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Downloading EBOOT...

File Checksum: 399a6405

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

And it stoped there the blue letters above were "waiting for reboot..." and the log said "downloading PDA..". I left it for 15 mins and thought it waited for me to reboot it so I pressed the on/off button, but it only turned red as if battery is low nad nothing happened. Now the phone is bricked I guess, since I can't turn it on. When I press the on/off button again it only turns red and nothing else happens.

Correct link fo GrandPrix v1.8.9 is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9d0b99e...04e75f6e8ebb871. Does anybody try this rom? I need newer GrandPrix for Windows Vista :)

Guest afarago

It is nice to post links to foreign ROMs here, i guess... <_<

U have forgot to add the notes from the download page:

"Note: Download xong hết thì cho vào 1 thu muc giải nén"

So NOW you know what to be aware of, huh, my friend? :)

Guest afarago
Ok I think I've f*cked up the phone. I used tha last ROM Secany has posted with the GP that was next to the ROM. I started the GP placed the files acordingly, pressed "Detect", started the phone and the downloading began on it's own. It got to:

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

PHONE will be written.

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Downloading EBOOT...

File Checksum: 399a6405

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

And it stoped there the blue letters above were "waiting for reboot..." and the log said "downloading PDA..". I left it for 15 mins and thought it waited for me to reboot it so I pressed the on/off button, but it only turned red as if battery is low nad nothing happened. Now the phone is bricked I guess, since I can't turn it on. When I press the on/off button again it only turns red and nothing else happens.

Is this the first time you tried to upgrade your firmware?

Is this the first time you tried to upgrade your firmware?

Yes, unfortunately.

The worst thing is that there is no official Samsung Service Center in my country.

Edited by LUDIO

It is nice to post links to foreign ROMs here, i guess... <_<

U have forgot to add the notes from the download page:

"Note: Download xong hết thì cho vào 1 thu muc giải nén"

So NOW you know what to be aware of, huh, my friend? :)

"Note: Download the complete end to the 1 unpacks" (Google Translate)

Guest afarago
Yes, unfortunately.

The worst thing is that there is no official Samsung Service Center in my country.

I am sorry for you... What was your original firmware version?

Some people say that it is advised to upgrade to an official ROM first (for very old ROMs for sure!), and only after that you are supposed to try a service, or cooked ROM. However, I have never upgraded to any official ROMs, and have not had any problems so far.

It is also possible that your flash ROM was faulty on hardware level, and this is why the process have failed.

"my country" - Which country would that be? You may consider adding some data to your profile to questions like this... :)

Guest bobobird

Ludio - did you reboot your pc after installing the samsung driver ??

I too had a similar experience once, stopped in the middle of the update, so tried a re-flash and that fixed it.

I am sorry for you... What was your original firmware version?

Some people say that it is advised to upgrade to an official ROM first (for very old ROMs for sure!), and only after that you are supposed to try a service, or cooked ROM. However, I have never upgraded to any official ROMs, and have not had any problems so far.

It is also possible that your flash ROM was faulty on hardware level, and this is why the process have failed.

"my country" - Which country would that be? You may consider adding some data to your profile to questions like this... :)

"my country" refers to Bulgaria, sorry for that.

The official upgrade I used was XIHJ3 for Vista. After that I tried DXIA1_DZIA1 using GP 1.6.4 on an XP PC.

Ludio - did you reboot your pc after installing the samsung driver ??

I too had a similar experience once, stopped in the middle of the update, so tried a re-flash and that fixed it.

I restarted the PC after I installed the driver. And I can't try a re-flash because the phone won't start at all.

Guest bobobird

Ludio - sorry to hear that. Had been hoping that it would at least boot to get a reflash going.

Could it by any chance be that you were very low on battery power when you started flashing ?? Try to see if it will recharge using the socket charger. Worth a last try.

But it does appear that you may have to ship it back to where you bought it to have it fixed.

Guest afarago
"my country" refers to Bulgaria, sorry for that.

The official upgrade I used was XIHJ3 for Vista. After that I tried DXIA1_DZIA1 using GP 1.6.4 on an XP PC.

I restarted the PC after I installed the driver. And I can't try a re-flash because the phone won't start at all.

Samsung’s official representative and importer for Bulgaria is local company K&K Electronics.

Try to call them about Omnia service possibilities in Bulgaria, they may be able to tell you where to go:

Company K&K Service Ltd.

Address Trade Centre Europe 7, Iskarsko Chaussee Blvd. 1528 Sofia, Bulgaria

Tel. 359-2-970 970

Fax. 359-2-970 986

Or look around here: http://web.kkelectronics.com/en/servisni_bazi.htm

Yes, unfortunately.

The official Service center of Samsung in Bulgaria is the 2BE's one. It is located on Tsarigradsko Shose blvd., near Gorublyansko Hanche.

I bricked my Omnia and they were ready to fix it, but I decided to use my french warranty and sent it to France. So give them a try.

:)

Edited by fifara

Samsung’s official representative and importer for Bulgaria is local company K&K Electronics.

Try to call them about Omnia service possibilities in Bulgaria, they may be able to tell you where to go:

Company K&K Service Ltd.

Address Trade Centre Europe 7, Iskarsko Chaussee Blvd. 1528 Sofia, Bulgaria

Tel. 359-2-970 970

Fax. 359-2-970 986

Or look around here: http://web.kkelectronics.com/en/servisni_bazi.htm

The official Service center of Samsung in Bulgaria is the 2BE's one. It is located on Tsarigradsko Shose blvd., near Gorublyansko Hanche.

I bricked my Omnia and they were ready to fix it, but I decided to use my french warranty and sent it to France. So give them a try.

:)

Thanks to both of you. But I got early in the morning, searched the net and found out that Germanos is an authorized service center for a bunch of brands including Samsung and I went straight to the nearest office and left my Omnia for service. I rally hope they will fix it and install an english ROM, cause that was the main reason I wanted to change my ROM. It was in italian before, since I bought it in Italy and I couldn't understand half of the menus.