Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest Real Red
Coming next:

Italian new ver

French new ver

and,

ARABIC lastest i900JPIA3.

Dear ken, Thanks for your great work , has the arabic(A3) rom ability of arabic or persian writing & reading ?

Thank you a lot! Is there newer GrandPrix for Vista?

Guest Qiuness
Thank you a lot! Is there newer GrandPrix for Vista?

Sorry for the newb question, maybe someone has the patience to help out :)

i`m new to omnia.. 3 days old to be specific.

I received the phone with:

Phone: i900XXHI5

PDA: i900XXHJ1/XHFJ1

And flashed yesterday to:

Phone: i900DXHL3

PDA: i900DXIA1/DZIA1

Questions:

1. i`ve seen the thread where all the Versions are explained, and i saw that some are country specific. What does that mean? why country specific?

2. whenever i want to reflash to a new ROM i have to flash to the original one ?

3. Is there a changelog on what is different in DZIA2?

thanks

Guest afarago
Sorry for the newb question, maybe someone has the patience to help out :)

i`m new to omnia.. 3 days old to be specific.

I received the phone with:

Phone: i900XXHI5

PDA: i900XXHJ1/XHFJ1

And flashed yesterday to:

Phone: i900DXHL3

PDA: i900DXIA1/DZIA1

Questions:

1. i`ve seen the thread where all the Versions are explained, and i saw that some are country specific. What does that mean? why country specific?

2. whenever i want to reflash to a new ROM i have to flash to the original one ?

3. Is there a changelog on what is different in DZIA2?

thanks

1. In case of service ROMs country specification means only language, as far as I know.

2. No.

3. Not that I know of.

10X

this archive in one 7-zip file on rapidshare:

grandprix v1.8.10 for XP in archive

http://rapidshare.com/files/188034851/i900...2_DZIA2.7z.html

Edited by porkyp

DO NOT USE OLD GRANDPRIX FOR FLASHING PHONE PART!!!!!

Obviously, I see the advice for DXIA2. However what is not clear to me is does this mean that i900 EXEcutor 1.5 is no longer a program we can use to assemble the ROM into an .exe? Please what have others tried.

Obviously, I see the advice for DXIA2. However what is not clear to me is does this mean that i900 EXEcutor 1.5 is no longer a program we can use to assemble the ROM into an .exe? Please what have others tried.

I used i900 EXEcutor to build my ROMs based on DXIA2 without any problems :).

Guest Pako777

EXEcutor hasn't any relation to GrandPrix. The program uses downloader (UserDownloader for WINCE MITs v.1.6.4) which went in last firmwares exe_type for the service centers. As it will affect on modern section (eboot, pda, csc, phone) - I do not know.. If to me there will be more modern version UserDownloader - I shall necessarily update the program

Edited by Pako777

EXEcutor hasn't any relation to GrandPrix. The program uses downloader (UserDownloader for WINCE MITs v.1.6.4) which went in last firmwares exe_type for the service centers. As it will affect on modern section (eboot, pda, csc, phone) - I do not know.. If to me there will be more modern version UserDownloader - I shall necessarily update the program

Thank you for the reply. I assume then for the moment EXEcutor 1.5 is still good to use?

Thanks for a great program.

Guest Pako777
Thank you for the reply. I assume then for the moment EXEcutor 1.5 is still good to use?

If it is fair, it is not sure on 100 %. I know, that by means of the EXEcutor created customs_fw on basis IA1 and without problems stitched

Guest rigor.m

Anyone tested this yet ? I tried to flash using Grand Prix but it got stuck at the second eboot download :)..

Then I tried flashing Secany HK3 which i had before and apparently succeeded, but phone still stuck with Samsung Omnia screen...:D Hard reset does not do anything...

Any ideas ?

If it is fair, it is not sure on 100 %. I know, that by means of the EXEcutor created customs_fw on basis IA1 and without problems stitched

As I wrote before: I use i900EXEcutor and OldCat Kitchen for ROM building with DXIA2 without any problems.

Guest Rednose5
I installed the samsung usb driver on a XP laptop and followed this guide step by step. But when I press detect and turn on the phone nothing happens, the "Start Downloading" button doesn't become usable and the phone starts as normal. I haven't installed the Windows Mibile Device Center but I read somewhere it is not needed, when one is using Grand Prix.

Hello Ludio,

I've made this description because somebody asked for a manual on how to use Grandprix. I thought every other thing would be clear as it has been mentioned before. Sorry, I didn't realise there are people who just started working on their Omnia. I wil probably update the list but I think the following is missing:

1. Install Active Sync (latest version from MS).

2. Install Samsung modem driver.

3. Connect your phone to check if it will Sync wth your pc/laptop.

4. Disconnect your phone and kill Active Sync.

My guess is You do not have the proper version of Active Sync installed or something is wrong with the Samsung Modem driver.

Als be sure to first install Active Sync and the Samsung modem driver second. The other way around and Active Sync may corrupt the just installed modem driver. It's really killing to see the connect USB to Phone starting to count down from 20 to 1 and just pikking up at 7 or 6 :)

Anyway this is how it works best for me and everytime before I flash I install the modem drivers again and I have never had any problems. :D

Good luck !

Guest rigor.m
Hello Ludio,

I've made this description because somebody asked for a manual on how to use Grandprix. I thought every other thing would be clear as it has been mentioned before. Sorry, I didn't realise there are people who just started working on their Omnia. I wil probably update the list but I think the following is missing:

1. Install Active Sync (latest version from MS).

2. Install Samsung modem driver.

3. Connect your phone to check if it will Sync wth your pc/laptop.

4. Disconnect your phone and kill Active Sync.

My guess is You do not have the proper version of Active Sync installed or something is wrong with the Samsung Modem driver.

Als be sure to first install Active Sync and the Samsung modem driver second. The other way around and Active Sync may corrupt the just installed modem driver. It's really killing to see the connect USB to Phone starting to count down from 20 to 1 and just pikking up at 7 or 6 :)

Anyway this is how it works best for me and everytime before I flash I install the modem drivers again and I have never had any problems. :D

Good luck !

I could really use some help now as I keep flashing my Omnia with latest Grandprix and IA2 rom... although GP runs from start to finish, my phone is stuck at Omnia logo and does not start... I have noticed that when GP is updating PDA part, on the phone display the green bar does not progress at all ? What could the problem be ?

Guest Rednose5
Anyone tested this yet ? I tried to flash using Grand Prix but it got stuck at the second eboot download :) ..

Then I tried flashing Secany HK3 which i had before and apparently succeeded, but phone still stuck with Samsung Omnia screen... :D Hard reset does not do anything...

Any ideas ?

Yeh, I've been there before. Although a long time ago. As long as you still get the Omnia logo you will probably be able to get it back to live.

I suggest to get a Rom.exe file and not something with Grandprix (just to be on the save side). Then follow the steps in my previous post. And finish with using the Rom.exe

I hope I'm clear on this one, I expect you allready know how to use a Rom.exe

Good luck !

EDIT: A Custom DXIA2.exe can be found here.

Thanks to qbus the Magic Cooker

Edited by Rednose5

Guest rigor.m
Yeh, I've been there before. Although a long time ago. As long as you still get the Omnia logo you will probably be able to get it back to live.

I suggest to get a Rom.exe file and not something with Grandprix (just to be on the save side). Then follow the steps in my previous post. And finish with using the Rom.exe

I hope I'm clear on this one, I expect you allready know how to use a Rom.exe

Good luck !

Thank you for your support ... I still have a little hope left :)... I tried 2 .exe files that I used successfully before with 2 types of results :

1. phone stuck at omnia screen

2. phone starts ( hurray ) but only PDA part works ( Windows Mobile is ok ), phone part does NOT work and phone keeps beep -ing as it tries to connect ... 

any ideas ?

Guest sufgi123

I downloaded the DXIA2 and it works perfect.

There are some programs that I don't want them and I don't know how to uninstall them

(like CNN,Yahoo,Weather)

Any ideas ?

Where I can find a clean rom ?

Edited by sufgi123

Guest tingchung_chin

with new GrandPrix, the final part of update will be slightly change. Thanks for the ROM, really fast and smooth compare to IA1, especially the touch screen, really significant impressive!

Edited by tingchung_chin