Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

How do you flash an MLI? Also, is this a multilanguage PDA update? Once extracted it is >120MB which is similar to most PDA downloads.

Copy the file to the root of 'my storage', then go to Settings->System->Change Language and follow the steps from there. Full details on changing language are in the PDF and Word-documents on the Samsung site.

Guest neorider

I have tried to install the MLI file but i don't have the option "Change Language" on the Settings Tab.

Does anybody know how i can change the language?

I have the DXHH3 rom installed.

Would I be right in saying you need to flash that Italian ROM then use this MLI?

P

No Paul, you need a multilanguage support ROM, the latest Italian one doesn't support the MLI files, there isn't any specific menu in the setting. I think you need the Netherlands one, or maybe ss is releasing a generic XX one with that feature..

Downloading now... Thanks Secany...

A bit OT, but can anyone point me to a software that a does automatic re-installs of programs (not SPB Backup). I remember someone mentioning this and a search did not come up with anything.

All these ROM flashes are taking up quite a bit of time ;)

Flashing now :D . 3/140mb files :( :wacko: ;) . There is no telling what will happen. I am hoping to see some of those tasty apps that were in that Russian ROM. ;) . Thanks so much Secany!!!!

didn't mean to double post. anybody care to respond? Thanks before ;)

should i tick the option for "format device's internal large disk" in the exe program? coz i never did it during my previous upgrade.. cool.gif

didn't mean to double post. anybody care to respond? Thanks before ;)

should i tick the option for "format device's internal large disk" in the exe program? coz i never did it during my previous upgrade.. cool.gif

I think it was mentioned that this will wipe the contents of your My Storage so probably best to do a backup of your files located there.

I think it was mentioned that this will wipe the contents of your My Storage so probably best to do a backup of your files located there.

I think the dilemma is wether or not one should choose the format option. Secany has said that it is recommended to format MyStorage when Flashing. I personally have not enabled this up to now when flashing (always have done Hard Reset before and after.) A Hard reset after flashing (as recommended by Secany) can make sense to me if the flashing process leaves some scratchpad area untouched, and a hard reset re-initializes it. Strange, but possible.

I do not see how not formatting MyStorage could affect the OS since no part of the OS uses this memory to run: the reason I am sure of this is that when I first powered up the Omnia, the flash memory was not formatted. So obviously the Omnia can run without MyStorage.

I can see that some users might think that their programs (installed in myStorage) would still be available after flashing, and try running them. This obviously will not work: you have to re-install all your programs after flashing.

Maybe there are other reasons for this recommendation... Secany ???

By the way, about the arabic rom, it's time to give an answer to all other query about other lang rom.

Arabic, Turkey: sorry, I can't share it at the moment, as I promised my friend who has a service center in Dubai, I give him exclusive for a while, will upload when possible. The newer ver of Arabic is i900JPHI5

So secany, you're saying i900JPHI5 is the latest arabic one? what about JV? and what's the difference between JC/JP/JR/JV? the one used here in the UAE is JV, but it doesn't have arabic! I am on i900JVHI1 and it doesn't have arabic yet! I think what everyboday needs is an english interface ROM with arabic capabilities (reading emails, SMS/MMS, websites... etc) and if possible writing but reading is a must, until now i900JVHI1 doesn't have neither!

I know we are asking for too much but can you just help us and let us know if there is any ROM that has confirmed arabic reading capabilities? thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. Good day.