Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

New Rom out in Germany!

Seems to be german language, but quite not sure. Just found in a service center nearby my town.

It is called XGHI5...maybe someone can get some infos.

Hey,

no I haven't. Got my mobile at home plugged into the charger ;) I'm going to go there on friday and test it.

Ne, hab ich net. Hatte das Dingen am Ladegerät zu Hause und werd das Dingen denk ich am Freitag nochmal dahinbringen und das machen lassen...

Thanks Secany. Gonna flash my HH3 with HI1 once my battery is full. Hope to hear from you about the geotagging issue soon because I may be going on a holiday so hope to try that function. Thanks again.

installed the latest italian ROM ... i couldn't find visible updates...( apart from the camera program that asks things about the gps setting.. nothing relevant)(i didn't do the camera update.. should I or it's risky?) i'll check battery situation in the next days....

Guest respider
No, HI1 is an executable, you need GP for HI2 radio.

P

Paul, the HI1 being and executable I run it like it was an official upgrade, right?

does it include the HI1 radio? HI1 radio is too bad?

Guest respider
It does include the IH1 radio and is run like an official update...

P

thanks for the answer and sorry for the noobness

will upgrade today, my HH3 is heating a lot

Actually I got both DX and DZ on my phone, thats not a problem? (Phone and PDA)

Hi everybody,

Thank you for the great work you do here! I started to look deeply to the problems Omnia has, after I've got one with 16 GB:

PDA: DHXG3/DHXG3

Phone: DHXG3

Thanks to your work it's now DXHI1/DXHI1 respective DXHI1. The code *#2470# for camera firmware didn't work as I expected, the window closed in less than 2 seconds... Why for few works and for other not?

An annoyng bug present from XG3 to HI1 is this: In Opera, for ex. at www.youtube.com, if I'm connected to the internet by phone (3G), I can watch the small clips. Via Wi-Fi it's not working at all because the "Touch Player" can't connect...

Edited by cici

The code *#2470# for camera firmware didn't work as I expected, the window closed in less than 2 seconds... Why for few works and for other not?

I believe that's how it works. At least, in my case and in several others I read of on the forums, the message displayed and the window closed in 2-5 seconds. But you are advised to keep your phone on for at least 5 minutes or so after that in case it's doing some stuff in the background ;)

How to use the HI1 upgrader? I followed the instructions but it keeps on Waiting for the device...

Do you have the Samsung modem installed? And did you connect your Omnia to your computer and then reset it?

Guest respider
How to use the HI1 upgrader? I followed the instructions but it keeps on Waiting for the device...

dont know what can it be

I turned my phone off, pluged USB, open the program, turn phone ON and everything OK

phone stops at boot loader and the program detects the phone

Guest respider

dont know what can it be

I turned my phone off, pluged USB, open the program, turn phone ON and everything OK

Guest new2city

I upgraded to HI1 yesterday and all is fine. Monitoring battery life now. Samsung Keyboard seems more accurate but I think I will stick to Samsung phonepad as I don't normally type in landscape anymore.

Camera firmware upgrade didn't seem to installed properly as after keying the numbers, the message said to wait 2 minutes but this message only stayed there for 2seconds!! How to know if the upgrade even hhappened??

BTW, did I miss something as I am curious why are most of you upgrading the radio to HI2?? Better battery life?

dont know what can it be

When you say turn off the phone, you just press the power button at the top of the device?

How long did it take to recognize the device after plugging in the USB cable?

Guest respider
When you say turn off the phone, you just press the power button at the top of the device?

How long did it take to recognize the device after plugging in the USB cable?

Yes, completely turn off by holding the button a few seconds and waiting the backlight to completely turn off

After I plug it and turn the phone on the recognizing was pretty fast, matters of seconds, just time to show the boot screen (written samsung omnia or something)

Guest ferrari85
Yes, completely turn off by holding the button a few seconds and waiting the backlight to completely turn off

After I plug it and turn the phone on the recognizing was pretty fast, matters of seconds, just time to show the boot screen (written samsung omnia or something)

soft set works for me ;)

need a venusian rom, please, on my planet samsung downloading center was eaten by martian's monster, and i can't offered a trip to jupiter's valley.

please secany i've yout got the xxkm9 in my language ? i also speak Plutonian and Latin ?

Thx % µ¨$ m$

%M%m

it(/.µ. s seem %/§/ §/i' m % loosin...; conne./..tion

oh no ???µ^°+=à) it's the *ù£^)ç monste8_à help ¨%

( hel arggghhh

Sometimes the Updates numbers a region are not necessarily in sync with other regions w.r.t. "Newness".

For example, there is no guarantee that DXHI1 is older than XXHI2. Secany mentioned this.

So far my favourite combe has be DXHI1 PDA/CSC with the XXHI2 phone.

The ZNHH2 has the newest version of Windows CE and was generally faster, but it has an older Camera and it is missing a number of apps. It does have the most free memory however.