Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest datafanatic
another successful firmware upgrade.. phone_part HI2, Thanks Secany and Datafanastic for the rom/guides.....No issue with the battery so far.. and ..wonder is there a XXHI5 phone part in the Italian ROM?....... on 1st page (the phone part doesnot affect the language)

No worries, glad you got it working ok. With regards to XXHI5 Italian Rom, if this is an exe file, you will not be able to 'grab' the phone part as the exe file is designed to flash your phone in one hit (all parts). You must find someone who has uploaded the INDIVIDUAL FILES that make up a rom (CSC, PHONE, PDA + EBOOT), then you can flash with only the phone part.

I'm not sure if someone has managed to extract the separate files from a rom and convert them from .raw into .bin file yet, maybe one of the i900 community knows how (i've dumped my original rom but its in 4 parts: part00, part01 etc etc).

Laterz

Datafanatic ;)

German Rom available!!!

Wohoo, got it on my Omnia...Version is XGHI5 (non-branded german Debitel Version)

Runs very smooth and no bugs yet. Got it flashed from a Quips Repair Partner in Germany. Version is available since 23.09.

At the moment I'm searching for a download...

Guest RICSBEST

I always have "cfile.Open failed".

I tried with no firewall, with updater on C: and D: drive, reboot PC, reboot Omnia, everything....

Someone can help me ?? ;)

OBS:

Omnia DXHG4

I´m trying HH1

Windows XP SP2

German Rom available!!!

Wohoo, got it on my Omnia...Version is XGHI5 (non-branded german Debitel Version)

Runs very smooth and no bugs yet. Got it flashed from a Quips Repair Partner in Germany. Version is available since 23.09.

WOW cool!!!! I need it!!! I'm from austria and I have no chance to get it here because we have no Samsung Service Partner!!!

Edited by DHDS

Ej Backers wäre ja der Hammer wenn du den Download findest und ihn zu verfügung stellst. Kannst du sagen ob es auch mit Vista geht und es wäre nicht schlecht wenn du ne kleine Anleitung schreibst.

Bin noch Noob auf diesem Gebiet.

juhu endlich Licht am Ende des Tunnels.

Grüße

Guest Reuben (MY)
Considdering updating to HI1 but i know the moment i do a new version will be available!

If there a program that backs up text messages, and can be restored after update is processed? (not too fussed about having to reninstall apps) but texts can be a pain

you may try google for a software named PPCPimBackup

it's freeware, dont expect it to be superb but backing up text messages can be done easily.

I got the update in a "Quips" repair store. They are in Germany...you can find the nearest one under www.quips.de.

Also das Update gibts in Quips Partnershops, das sind so zertifizierte private Handyreparateure...den näcshten kannst du unter www.quips.de finden unter Werkstattsuche...

Guest chuckbert
I got the update in a "Quips" repair store. They are in Germany...you can find the nearest one under www.quips.de.

Also das Update gibts in Quips Partnershops, das sind so zertifizierte private Handyreparateure...den näcshten kannst du unter www.quips.de finden unter Werkstattsuche...

hey backes!

kannst du das rom auslesen? bei den developern gibts ne anleitung, die könnte ich dir zukommen lassen... und: kostet das update bei quips etwas? es gibt nämlich nen shop hier in der nähe... *g*

what about reading the rom out? there´s a guide at xds-dev´s which i could give to you... another thing: what does the update cost? there´s a shop nearby my home... *g*

regards

chuckbert

just wonder anyone of u is having this problem, whenever i send a sms, error report will pop out saying "an error has occured with tmail.exe"

message will be sent without any problem thou, so this is not really a big issue for me, just wonder why

Update ist kostenlos, läuft ja über Garantie bei denen. Musst halt nur de Rechnung mitbringen und nen Grund haben, warum du da nen Update draufhaben willst ;)

Update is for free, they handle it with the guarantee. You have to bring in a invoice(Heißt das Rechnung? :-D ) and then you can give it to them.

Guest moldowan

Thank you for the information!

I sent out E-Mails to three quips repair stores here in Dresden. I'm curious whether one of them will do the update (free of charge!)...

German Rom available!!!

WOW, great!

Is it possible to download this Rom?

I have a non-branded German Omnia with all the shi.. bugs!

... and I have no chance to go to a Servive-Point...s*** happens!

After few days of testing the i900 Russian ROM, I conclude this was the amazing rom, sadly, I do not understand Russian.

For all the Russian, you certainly can enjoy this great rom. Here it is:

i900PUHI2_DMC : i900 Russian Digital Media Controler, non-branded version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/148079287/i900...2_DMC.part3.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148058667/i900...2_DMC.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148049861/i900...2_DMC.part1.rar

Regards,

WOW, great!

Is it possible to download this Rom?

I have a non-branded German Omnia with all the shi.. bugs!

... and I have no chance to go to a Servive-Point...s*** happens!

Ich habe das selbe Problem! In Österreich gibt es keine Service Points!!!

I have the same problem! There is no service point in austria!

i900PUHI2_DMC : i900 Russian Digital Media Controler, non-branded version:

secany, you are great man! Fanx from our Russian community! ;)

Просто офигенная благодарность в приказе! :wacko:

Edited by catmat