Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

After few days of testing the i900 Russian ROM, I conclude this was the amazing rom, sadly, I do not understand Russian.

For all the Russian, you certainly can enjoy this great rom.

Thank you from all russian omnia users!

Just a little bit late for me, just finished installing software after hard reset ;)

new ROM... great work ken my man :wacko: . hohoho it's in Russian. I'd really love to test it unfortunately i don't understand Russian either. :(

would be great if all the Russian that are using this ROM to share their experience with the improvement, and the new feature of Digital Media Controller. what does it do exactly.

have a good one guys! Cheers! ;)

For all the Russian, you certainly can enjoy this great rom. Here it is:

i900PUHI2_DMC : i900 Russian Digital Media Controler, non-branded version

b:))ions TNXs 2 U from Ukraine!!!

After few days of testing the i900 Russian ROM, I conclude this was the amazing rom, sadly, I do not understand Russian.

For all the Russian, you certainly can enjoy this great rom. Here it is:

i900PUHI2_DMC : i900 Russian Digital Media Controler, non-branded version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/148079287/i900...2_DMC.part3.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148058667/i900...2_DMC.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148049861/i900...2_DMC.part1.rar

Regards,

Secany,

do you remember about us, people from Poland, we will be appreciate for polish rom SAHI2 or later. if you want we can help you in testing it.

Thread reserved for i900DXHI2 or i900DZHI2.

Friends, i900DXHI2 or i900DZHI2? Please vote.

From what I know is i900DZHI2 was built from i900DXHI2, but the DZ version included Chinese input panel. I don't know the system font is same or not. Anybody tested both, please let me know.

@EDIT: I decided to upload i900DXHI2.exe and i900DZHI2.csc , since the Chinese input is loaded on the csc files ;)

Sorry for letting you guys flash a new rom once a week. I highly recommend upgrade to this version, since it's fixed a lot of bugs, including the camera gps problem, FM problem, startup tone problem, etc......

i900DXHI2_Bugs_fixed.rar

Edited by secany

Guest respider

From what I know is i900DZHI2 was built from i900DXHI2, but the DZ version included Chinese input panel. I don't know the system font is same or not. Anybody tested both, please let me know.

@EDIT: I decided to upload i900DXHI2.exe and i900DZHI2.csc , since the Chinese input is loaded on the csc files ;)

Sorry for letting you guys flash a new rom once a week. I highly recommend upgrade to this version, since it's fixed a lot of bugs, including the camera gps problem, FM problem, startup tone problem, etc......

thank you very much

with his HI2 exe do I still need GrandPrix or do I upgrade like an original ROM?

In germany is a unbranded firmware available!! XGHI5!! secany do you have this firmware? I need it please! I have no chance to get it in austria!!!

Are you sure XGHI5 debitel is unbranded? As there is only 1 i900XGHI5_BHHH2 Debitel. I think it should branded to debitel. I have new ver i900XGHID_BHHH3 (14th update of Sep.2008), lastest i900XGHII (18th of Sep.2008) branded to sunrise!

Great! this is what i've been waiting for. about upgrading ROM once a week, i guess it's not a problem for me, the more the merrier :wacko: , as long as the bug's fix are significant.

it would be great if you go with the DXHI2 ken, since the last ROM samsung uploaded in the promo website is the DZHH3 version, i assume the next ROM they'll put there is the DZHI1 or DZHI2 since most of the user there will be going to need the chinese text sms.

on the contrary, i don't need them (chinese sms), and to conclude in general most of the omnia user that been gather here don't need the chinese sms CMIIW.

DXHI2... horayyy :( ... can't wait.. have a good one mate! Cheers

Guest Reddeer2000

Hi secany,

the XGHI5 for Debitel is not branded. There are only a few shops in Germany who have this fw, So, if it is possible for you, to upload it, please do it.

Thx in the name of all german users !

quick question Ken, do you need to run the *#number ( i forgot the number) again to update the camera firmware after you installed the DXHI2 ROM? Thx before mate.

Hi Malik...

*#2470#

REGARDS

Sonic

Guest chuckbert

hi there!

I called the quips store nearby and they asked for a branding on my omnia... after i told him, that it is not branded he told me that there is a version called "XGHI5" for my phone! so i think the fw is really not branded!!!

secany, do us (all the german and german-speaking guys out there) a favour and upload it!

i prefer doing an update myself rather than giving my baby to a stranger... *G*

regards

chuckbert

Ken, thanks for the new DX rom, looking forward to it. A few questions I am wondering if you can help with, do you know if Samsung is going to do anything more with the widgets? It seems they are only there just as a marketing point rather than being really useful. Also from my first rom version F8 Bluetooth voice dialling has never worked with MS Voice Command, when a BT headset it tapped the phone responds but no sound is routed so no voice commands can be sent. Headsets otherwise work ok for answering calls and A2DP.

Thanks again for your support of the Omnia.