Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest chuckbert
If anyone gives me the instructions to dump the image from the non-branded german rom, then I will upload it this evening ;)

Btw. more infos about the firmware:

PDA: i900XGHI5

PHONE: i900XXHH9

I could also get a e-plus branded german firmware called ANHI1. But don't know how much branding is in this firmware. A friend of me got this firmware on his new i900.

hallo backes!

schau mal hier rein...

und wenn du hilfe brauchst: lass es mich wissen!

gruß

chuckbert

Dump_ROM_i900.txt

i900_NB_File.txt

jo, danke...werd mich dann heute Abend mal dadran versuchen und die Software hochladen wenn ichs schaffe ;)

thanks, I'm going to try this that evening and will upload it if I success in dumping the image.

Greets

Gruß

Backes

ich liebe multilinguales sprechen. nächstes mal hau ich noch Französisch mit rein :wacko:

Edited by Backes

Guest pdaphonemaster
It's all good with the Chinese SIP, but what I would really like, since I'm married to a Korean, is the Korean SIP.

Anyone know where to get a hold of that, or is it already there, but I just haven't found it yet?

There is a korean input program and it is called diopen. The same company that supplied smart reader (aks dioOCR) is selling a Korean IME/Fonts and it is called diopen.

You can download a 15 day trial version. URL is www.diotek.co.kr.

It works very well and I have been using it on Omnia. I found, however, that in Omnia it interferes with the Chinese SIP with some characters not showing. So, you may not be able to use both Korean and Chinese input successfully on one device.

Guest chuckbert
jo, danke...werd mich dann heute Abend mal dadran versuchen und die Software hochladen wenn ichs schaffe ;)

thanks, I'm going to try this that evening and will upload it if I success in dumping the image.

Greets

Gruß

Backes

ich liebe multilinguales sprechen. nächstes mal hau ich noch Französisch mit rein :wacko:

ok, du würdest der deutsch-sprachigen community hier und anderswo einen riesen gefallen tun!

ok, you would do a big favour to the german-speaking community here and in some other places!

regards chuckbert

p.s.

ich steh auch auf multilinguales sprechen! kann aber nur mit latein und ein wenig spanisch dienen *g*

pps.

kannst du vorab mal die "vibetonz.exe" hier hochladen?

ich würde die gern mal testen...

Hi secany/guys

I've bought an omnia in Mexico, new, unlocked, etc. and now I'd like to flash it with a SPANISH ROM

Here is what I've got in the System -> About

Windows Mobile 6.1 pro

CE OS 5.2.20270 (build 20270.1.3.1)

Will the spanish rom in the thread's first page work in my phone correctly? Which things should I take into account before flashing this particular phone with that particular rom, etc.? I don't want to brick this new phone...

Thanks,

Guest yuanrenk
I have flashed to i900DXHI2, it works great and stability improved again.

i flashed the DZHI2 csc file also. Same procedure as you flash the firmware.

Thanks Secany !! ;)

That's great!

Guest thegoodly
Yes, I should think HI2 should have more Storage memory. Anyone knows why since it is without Chinese SIP. I hear battery issues is fixed, so I may sacrifice some storage space and upgrade from my HI1. Can someone verfify battery life is improved?

i havent noticed any battery improvement from HI2 over HI1 but HI1 was very good for battery anyway so wouldnt have expected much of an improvment. been on HI2 since sat. so maybe a little early to judge..

I have flashed to i900DXHI2, it works great and stability improved again.

i flashed the DZHI2 csc file also. Same procedure as you flash the firmware.

Thanks Secany !! ;)

How did you get it done, i've been trying it for the whole day but to no avail.

Keeps getting stuck at the PDA part "waiting for the device..." once i've selected the .csc file and clicked on Detect.

Guest lazylilsnoop
How did you get it done, i've been trying it for the whole day but to no avail.

Keeps getting stuck at the PDA part "waiting for the device..." once i've selected the .csc file and clicked on Detect.

i think u gotta connect the phone n then restart the phone... i'm just guessing since someone said its same like upgrading the fw

i think u gotta connect the phone n then restart the phone... i'm just guessing since someone said its same like upgrading the fw

Thanks for the advice, will try it out tomorrow morning.

Hope it works...

Guest Reddeer2000

@ Backes

Brauchste garnicht versuchen, es klappt nicht. Haben wir gestern ausprobiert. Das gedumpte Rom läßt sich nicht installieren. Wir haben es auf 5 Omnias probiert, überall Fehlermeldungen.

Aber vielleicht hast Du mehr Glück ?

VG

Reddeer2000

Guest tarek_sm

to secany

Hi Secany i got my omnia from Lebanon where i live , and i want to change language to french or update to the best English rom , but the problem is i have W. VISTA and i don't know which rom is the best and if i can flash the french rom

What do u suggest and how can u help me

THX alot for ur respond

Edited by tarek_sm

i havent noticed any battery improvement from HI2 over HI1 but HI1 was very good for battery anyway so wouldnt have expected much of an improvment. been on HI2 since sat. so maybe a little early to judge..

I've also ugraded to i900DXHI2 on Saturday and impressed by the Battery improvement over past ROMs. However, since HI1, the charging LED (Red/Green) doesn't lights anymore... weird... even vibration mode, don't vibrate when I get a SMS or call.. but I get the vibration feedback on touchscreen and keyboard... anyway, nothing dramatic... ;)

Guest chuckbert
@ Backes

Brauchste garnicht versuchen, es klappt nicht. Haben wir gestern ausprobiert. Das gedumpte Rom läßt sich nicht installieren. Wir haben es auf 5 Omnias probiert, überall Fehlermeldungen.

Aber vielleicht hast Du mehr Glück ?

VG

Reddeer2000

nach welcher anleitung seid ihr vorgegangen? die unterscheiden sich ja nun ein wenig...

.nb oder .img?

gruß

chuckbert

Leider lässt sich ein mit psdread gedumptes Image nicht so einfach mit Mirage LV zurück spielen. Das Image File muss behandelt und die ROM Bereich für PDA und PHONE extrahiert werden, sonst klappt es nicht. Post #851 von chuckbert enthält eine Text-Datei, die hier weiterhelfen könnte.

Da mir im Moment die Zeit für weitere Experimente fehlt hab ich heute mein i900 in den Servicepunkt gebracht und es wird gerade die neueste Firmware geflash. Ich berichte morgen kurz welche Version und werde versuchen diese auch nochmal zu dumpen.

---

Unfortunately, a psdread dumped image cannot directly written back using Mirage LV The image file must be converted and the ROM area for PDA and PHONE need to be extracted, otherwise it does not work. Post # 851 of chuckbert contains a text file, which could help here.

As for me at the moment is the time for further experiments missing brought my i900 to the next service point and it is beeing flashed right now. I will report tomorrow and give it a try to dump my image also.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Here is a short instruction on how to dump a i900:

Requirements:

Activesync installed

Samsung Modem Driver Installed

1. Enable access to ROM by setting reg-key HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies 00001001 from 2 to 1

2. Reboot your i900

3. Download isutils to dump your ROM from http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

4. Evaluate exact size of your ROM by typing the following at command prompt

pdocread -l
You will get something like 128.58M (0x8095800) DSK1: | 1.35M (0x159800) Part00 | 3.08M (0x313800) Part01 | 124.15M (0x7c27800) Part02 Which means the flash memory (=DSK1) is split in 3 partitions with total size of 0x8095800 bytes = 134.830.080 bytes 5. Dump your ROM using the evaluated flash size by typing the following at command prompt
psdread -1 0 0x8095800 i900GXHI5.img

Afterwards the ROM can be flashed by using Mirage LV http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

using EBOOT+PDA+PHONE button

Would be great if some one could supply the new i900GXHI5.img file we are all waiting for!

Resulting image won't load into Grand Prix (XP 1.5.2) for me...

P

just wanted to dump the image...got some errors and the image ist not loadable for me. Testet it on another pc with another i900 and same result. Seems very tricky to get a working image. Maybe someone has more luck.

Will test tomorrow at work. There is an old Windows 2000 pc, maybe it works on this machine.

I've also ugraded to i900DXHI2 on Saturday and impressed by the Battery improvement over past ROMs. However, since HI1, the charging LED (Red/Green) doesn't lights anymore... weird... even vibration mode, don't vibrate when I get a SMS or call.. but I get the vibration feedback on touchscreen and keyboard... anyway, nothing dramatic... ;)

Mine just flashed to I900DXHI2, and problem on the chraging LED, it works since HH3 to HI1 and now HI2... I think that is hardwrae problem ,should claim warranty from Samsung..

Anyway just to share the battery life in HI2 improved so much, my phone on from 9am to 11pm ,with 20 minutes of call and about 10 minutes of WIFI session, today still have 90% ... :wacko: