Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

can u advice in more detail / exactly how? THKS
  1. Launch GrandPrix, (i'm using 1.5.2)
  2. Load the .csc file under the CSC portion,
  3. Click Detect,
  4. Connect your powered off phone to the PC.
In my case, the phone power on by itself and the upgrading process begins.

1. Launch GrandPrix, (i'm using 1.5.2)
  2. Load the .csc file under the CSC portion,
  3. Click Detect,
  4. Connect your powered off phone to the PC.
In my case, the phone power on by itself and the upgrading process begins.

thank you very much.

where can i get this grandfix??

How did you get it done, i've been trying it for the whole day but to no avail.

Keeps getting stuck at the PDA part "waiting for the device..." once i've selected the .csc file and clicked on Detect.

You need to soft reset while plugged in.

I've also ugraded to i900DXHI2 on Saturday and impressed by the Battery improvement over past ROMs. However, since HI1, the charging LED (Red/Green) doesn't lights anymore... weird... even vibration mode, don't vibrate when I get a SMS or call.. but I get the vibration feedback on touchscreen and keyboard... anyway, nothing dramatic... ;)

Don't have this issue. Vibration works fine. maybe you need to go to Sound & Notifications to check your settings again. Still checking on battery performance but I did notice it is not so hot when data connection is on.

I always flash at least twice now. Sometimes I did not get the reported memory size and sometimes folders were missing in my documents and flashing more than once achieved this for me. ;) :wacko:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but anybody noticed the Omnia add:

post-189740-1222764612_thumb.jpg

Does anyone see this odd widget? and what is this navigation software that has the "traffic sign" picture below it?

Guest Paul (MVP)
I always flash at least twice now. Sometimes I did not get the reported memory size and sometimes folders were missing in my documents and flashing more than once achieved this for me. ;) :wacko:

Hard reset always fixes that, generally a flash alone doesn't!

P

Don't have this issue. Vibration works fine. maybe you need to go to Sound & Notifications to check your settings again. Still checking on battery performance but I did notice it is not so hot when data connection is on.

Ok well it's not a config setting... I'll try a Hard Reset on spare time later this week ;)

Guest Hydroxpert
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but anybody noticed the Omnia add:

Does anyone see this odd widget? and what is this navigation software that has the "traffic sign" picture below it?

the odd widget in question is apparently from the russian rom...the one with the lifediary application. cant wait for an english version of that

Guest SozzaSinnian

And the navigation software looks like Route66 to me.

Guest thebiker
Here is a short instruction on how to dump a i900:

Requirements:

Activesync installed

Samsung Modem Driver Installed

1. Enable access to ROM by setting reg-key HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies 00001001 from 2 to 1

2. Reboot your i900

3. Download isutils to dump your ROM from http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

4. Evaluate exact size of your ROM by typing the following at command prompt

pdocread -l
You will get something like 128.58M (0x8095800) DSK1: | 1.35M (0x159800) Part00 | 3.08M (0x313800) Part01 | 124.15M (0x7c27800) Part02 Which means the flash memory (=DSK1) is split in 3 partitions with total size of 0x8095800 bytes = 134.830.080 bytes 5. Dump your ROM using the evaluated flash size by typing the following at command prompt
psdread -1 0 0x8095800 i900GXHI5.img

Afterwards the ROM can be flashed by using Mirage LV http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

using EBOOT+PDA+PHONE button

Would be great if some one could supply the new i900GXHI5.img file we are all waiting for!

Hi My fried tried this method with Hungarian original rom i900XXHH9.

He made the image successfully but he couldn't flash this image. He selected the profile (Mirage LV image) and selected "EBOOT+PDA+PHONE" button. And now he got error message on the right side:

"Analyzing the Combined Image...Error during opening image files!

-Platform not matched!

:The chosen platform and image do not match!"

What was wrong? I think the image isn't good but he used "pdocread -l" command. Any idea?

THX for any help!

The Biker

post-194676-1222775804_thumb.jpg

Edited by thebiker

the odd widget in question is apparently from the russian rom...the one with the lifediary application. cant wait for an english version of that

Now the Russian has this media controller application and the life diary application? why is that? I'm jealous...

Now the Russian has this media controller application and the life diary application? why is that? I'm jealous...

Well, considering fact that Omnia (there it branded WiTu btw) costs at least 100$ more in Russia, its only fair ;)

Well, considering fact that Omnia (there it branded WiTu btw) costs at least 100$ more in Russia, its only fair :wacko:

oh, that! ok then... happy not to have them... ;)

Good evening from Milan, i made a big mistake flashing a I908 ROM on my I900, someone can tell me how can i downgrade the ROM to the previous version? I tried using the official one but the process stops with a "Incorrect software version check your device" warning message. Thank you in advance

Good evening from Milan, i made a big mistake flashing a I908 ROM on my I900, someone can tell me how can i downgrade the ROM to the previous version? I tried using the official one but the process stops with a "Incorrect software version check your device" warning message. Thank you in advance

Use the latest italian ROM you can find at the first post in this thread (XIHI5). The downloader coming with that ROM doesn't check the ROM region, so you can flash any i900.

Ciao!