Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest fritzroy

at last my omnia is english now.thank u so much to whoever posted that rom.i am now contented with my omnia, ;) :wacko: from italian its english

Here is the German newest Firmware:

Thanks for the link. Just flashed skipping the phone part (I already flashed to DXHI3 this morning so I thought the phone part would not be XGHI5, too).

PDA is now XGHI5 and PHONE is DXHI3. Maybe I'll flash back to DXHI3 tomorrow.

The device is in german. Two things not working (what I've seen so far): a) Streaming Player (aplayer.exe not found or something like that), ;) browsing the 'programs list' there is no more 'up/down' letter browser button right side next to the scroll bar.

Now I'll look what else is not working anymore, he he.

Guest onlinejobwork
You didnt flash the 3 zip files did u?

yes I flash third as well, and only after it my phone was ded? am i did anything wrong? please help me

Thanks

Guest FahimF
yes I flash third as well, and only after it my phone was ded? am i did anything wrong? please help me

If you are talking about the DXHI3 that Secany posted, then the three parts are just a split archive containing three parts of the same update file. When you extract using WinRAR, it will extract the complete file as one executable - not three parts. It's that single executable that you have to use to upgrade your firmware.

Guest pda_holic
Agian, FEEL FREE TO COPY AND PASTE LINK TO OTHER FORUM, BUT NO MIRROR PLEASE.

I WANNA SEE HOW MANY DOWNLOAD. THANK YOU.

i900DXHI3 for XP

http://rapidshare.com/files/150704685/i900DXHI3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/150711512/i900DXHI3.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/150717930/i900DXHI3.part3.rar

Here come DZHI3 CSC: http://rapidshare.com/files/150858047/i900DZHI3_CSC.rar

Vista Version will be delay for a while, as it give wrong checksum and file failure to run ;)

I understand that i900DXHI3 is an exe file but DZHI3 CSC is not. How to install the DZHI3 CSC?

I am running with older G4 ROM, do I need to update DZHI3 CSC? I don't need Chinese input.

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by pda_holic

Guest FahimF
I understand that i900DXHI3 is an exe file but DZHI3 CSC is not. How to install the DZHI3 CSC?

I am running with older G4 ROM, do I need to update DZHI3 CSC? I don't need Chinese input.

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance!!

If you only want English input/interface etc. you should be fine with DXHI3. You don't need to flash the DZHI3 CSC file ;)

Guest malikms
You didnt flash the 3 zip files did u?

i don't think that's posible, since it is actually one file divided to three part. how can u flash individually? i guess the man above, mixed things up.

Guest pda_holic
If you only want English input/interface etc. you should be fine with DXHI3. You don't need to flash the DZHI3 CSC file ;)

I tried to run the DXHI3 exe file but it is unable to detect my device, hence the START icon cannot be clicked. I tried HH3, no problem found.

I had the same problem when I soft rest it, then I switched it off then when I switched it back on it detected it instantly. In HI2 I had to soft rest for detection.

Edited by Core

Guest onlinejobwork
If you are talking about the DXHI3 that Secany posted, then the three parts are just a split archive containing three parts of the same update file. When you extract using WinRAR, it will extract the complete file as one executable - not three parts. It's that single executable that you have to use to upgrade your firmware.

Hi Fahim

I need some help if you can, I download three files name but diferent size when I unzip it showing .exe file I put all three files in different folder name like 1, 2, 3 I run first .exe file that goes fine 2nd exe also goes fine but after flashing third .exe my phone was ded, blank screen no power up at all, can you tell me what methid r u used to flash DXHI3 ? please explain step by step, now when I connect my phone to usb with pc it showing 'NONAHANS' if you have any idea how repair in this kind of situation? i900DXHI3.part1 total size of zip file is 42969 kb 2nd file same size but third file size is 15822 kb I think there is something wrong with the third file

can you tell me why two exe (zip) file is same size and third one is different or lower size?

Thanks

Aakash

Guest Octopus1968
Hi Fahim

I need some help if you can, I download three files name but diferent size when I unzip it showing .exe file I put all three files in different folder name like 1, 2, 3 I run first .exe file that goes fine 2nd exe also goes fine but after flashing third .exe my phone was ded, blank screen no power up at all, can you tell me what methid r u used to flash DXHI3 ? please explain step by step, now when I connect my phone to usb with pc it showing 'NONAHANS' if you have any idea how repair in this kind of situation? i900DXHI3.part1 total size of zip file is 42969 kb 2nd file same size but third file size is 15822 kb I think there is something wrong with the third file

can you tell me why two exe (zip) file is same size and third one is different or lower size?

Thanks

Aakash

The answer was already in Fahims post: these files are WINRAR files, which means, they are RAR-Files, not ZIP-Files. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize, that you do not have to unZIP but unRAR these files using WINRAR, and big surprise, you will get a single exe-file. It doesn't matter, which size the different files are, this is up to the size limit set by the one who packed the files.

Chaps, I don't want to be rude, but if you don't even know how to extract files from a packed archive, don't think about upgrading the firmware of your phones...

Edited by Octopus1968

Hi Fahim

Thanks

Aakash

1) Double click on first zip file and extract the ROM file

2) If not already installed, install ActiveSync (this is for XP only)

3) Install Samsung modem driver

4) Connect your phone to PC

5) Run Rom file

6) Turn the phone off then back on

7) Press start

It’s a good idea to disable your AV / Firewall

Guest kensong

Anyone flashed to DXHI3? What is the Program/Storage memory? Always worry about Storage space as I usually end up with only 10MB after installing everything and move cache to default in MYStorage.

Incidently, I burned my unit (could smell it) using the original Samsung Car Charger running DXHI2 ROM. Hope it is an isolated case and not because of the new ROMS (noticed how sometimes unit is hot).

The unit went dead (black screen) and plugging in main charger doesn't even light up the Power button. Soft/Hard reset does nothing...dead!

Chaps, I don't want to be rude, but if you don't even know how to extract files from a packed archive, don't think about upgrading the firmware of your phones...

dang, was bout to write the same ;)

some people dont know what they do, if they would use the search and read(+understand) the tutorials before clicking every exe file in their way, they wouldnt need to cry bout faulty samsung updaters or hardware. <_<

Guest lazylilsnoop

hmm, my widget time and my sys clock time are both showing two different time. ;)

any idea how to update the widget time? i'm in melb, and its day light savings now.

already tried soft reset

when i use Samsung Today 2, the time is correct on the main menu...

any solutions???

Guest khunjj

After up to DXHI3, I cannot do Hardreset by pressing key CALL + END and then hit reset hole. I can do this Hardreset step with DXHI2. Anything change for the way of Hardreset with DXHI3????

Thanks in advance for all advices.

KhunJJ

Guest onlinejobwork
The answer was already in Fahims post: these files are WINRAR files, which means, they are RAR-Files, not ZIP-Files. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize, that you do not have to unZIP but unRAR these files using WINRAR, and big surprise, you will get a single exe-file. It doesn't matter, which size the different files are, this is up to the size limit set by the one who packed the files.

ITs ok Dear now I think I got it what you are trying to say I select all three parts by pressing CTRL+A and then clink on Extract here and I got one file name i900DXHI3 with 143 MB, I think that I am bit exited when I see new update and without knowing proper methid :wacko: I flash my phone using three different extracted file 2 file goes well but my phone ded after using third file, because I used wrong method for flash, but now I kknow, thanks for explaination, Fahim is also try to told me the same think but I did not get it bu when u told its cleared now, but I already submit my phone to supplier, by doing this am I viod warranty?

expecting more help and suggestion from your side in future, if u know what can I do myself when phone died like this, except going to service centre ;)

Hi,

All right. Finally took a closer look - I have SAHG5 ROM. It's quite an old one ;) It would be great if a newer one was available.

I really, really need the newer Polish ROM i900SAHI2 - could someone upload it pliiiz?

Cheers!

Guest pda_holic

I had upgraded to XHI3, I went to version and checked that PDA i900DXHI3/ i900DXHI3 and PHONE i900DXHI3.

After using the SPB backup to restore my backup, i found that version on my PDA is i900DXHI3/ i900DXHG4.

HG4 is supposed my older ROM version, anyway, I found the ROM has been updated with HI3 but why display on version is different?

Will it cause any problem?

Edited by pda_holic

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Octopus--

Come on now- good answer, but that last part was a bit harsh.

I have been using PDA's since the Ipaq 3600 and I used the rar files in two of the five Omnia flash upgrades recently, but until a few days ago I had never heard of "rar" files. But once someone here kindly answered my query and gave a short explaination of the concept (similar to zip, just different) and the linking of the three files, with the last one being shorter (with what's left over), I had no problem. Just remember that until you are exposed to a concept it is completely unknown (duh!). It doesn't mean someone in incapabile of getting it. And if they're here, they probably will try.

And thanks for the help from all of those here who have enlightened me the past month, directly and by me lurking.

Ron...