Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

I had upgraded to XHI3, I went to version and checked that PDA i900DXHI3/ i900DXHI3 and PHONE i900DXHI3.

After using the SPB backup to restore my backup, i found that version on my PDA is i900DXHI3/ i900DXHG4.

HG4 is supposed my older ROM version, anyway, I found the ROM has been updated with HI3 but why display on version is different?

Will it cause any problem?

I don’t think it’s a good idea to restore a full backup after a firmware update. If you think about it a new firmware would most likely have new files, then you overwrite them with old ones not to mention replacing registry entries.

Guest fritzroy

i downloaded the english rom of three parts in this forum and i flashed it 1 by 1.is there any difference if i extracted the 3 parts first to make it 1 file before flashig the rom?

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Guys,

I really need some big help this time.

I have flashed several upgrades before using one file and also using the three rar files.

But this time when I tried to flash HI3 from the rar files I had a problem this time.

I god a “checksum failed” error with the first file download. I did not get the screens that were described in the When things Go Bad post. I get a small cellphone icon with a yellow triangle (like a road sign) with an Exclamation mark in it.

The only way to turn the Omnia on is hold down the on/off button and the only way to turn it off is to remove the battery.

Any ideas on this???

Thanks… Ron…

Guest FahimF
i downloaded the english rom of three parts in this forum and i flashed it 1 by 1.is there any difference if i extracted the 3 parts first to make it 1 file before flashig the rom?

fritzroy, you might want to read some of the posts from the previous page ;) There aren't three different files in there - the three files are three parts of the same file. When you extract all the files, you should get a single executable around 140MB. That's the upgrader ...

Guest FahimF
I god a “checksum failed” error with the first file download. I did not get the screens that were described in the When things Go Bad post. I get a small cellphone icon with a yellow triangle (like a road sign) with an Exclamation mark in it.

Was the "checksum error" when you were extracting the three parts? If so, then you might have a corrupted download and you might want to try re-downloading the first part, re-extracting the upgrader and running the firmware upgrade again ...

Guest omnia newbie

a lots of people here... obviously still .. bricking there phones... coz not understanding the basic (

Fritzroy/Ronalddb3)... I am just helping you.... it is best the Secany .. compressed in "rar" format (similar to zip).. you need to extract the 3 files.... to form a single ROM file.... then just click it and flash it.. with Paul instruction...

Rar format will check... if there is a corrupt files.. etc.. Single file is more risky.. and corrupt files.= corrupt rom.. will BRICK your phones....

Guest ronaldb3
Was the "checksum error" when you were extracting the three parts? If so, then you might have a corrupted download and you might want to try re-downloading the first part, re-extracting the upgrader and running the firmware upgrade again ...

I'm sorry I confused you with my "first file" note. I meant the first file of the flash. I think I did get all three rar files of the download OK and then used winrar to get one large file with 143,944kb.

If that came out wrong I still have a problem as I tried older HI1 and HI2 .exe files that worked for me before but not now. I also tried the G5 image file with Grandprix with same results => eboot loads ok, but first flash file stops immediately (1-3 %) with all versions. Once I saw an error that mentioned SDRAM. Not looking Good. ;)

I think I need to run the G5 image file as described in the recovery post as now I can not even get a connection with AS as no programs in Omnia, Grandprix and image file is the only way I can go now.

The only success I have had is to get to the Samsung/Omnia Logo screen and I can hard reset to the Format screen.

And thanks for the support. I need all the help.

Ron...

Guest malikms

Just upgraded mine with great success... seems to be a little more faster hehehehe... never said it enough.... Thanks a million Ken. can't wait to hear for newer ROM every week. ;) have a good one! cheers!

Guest lohasc

THank you Secany for hi2 and hi3 ROMs both works fine, battery life very good. make 20mins call today on bluetooth handsfree for 8 hours still 80% batt.

But I interested in Traditional Chinese ROMs, ask I saw a i908 from Hong Kong yesterday, Rom built was hi6 or hi7 can't remember as I just ask the owner (which is a new WM user) to let me check out for a minute. What impress me the most is the Main Storage free space almost 80mb !!!! while DZhi2 and DZhi3 only near 50mb free Storage. u can do a lot with 30mb don't u think.

BTW only draw back for the i908 ROM that I can see is that there is no English Thumnbboard SIP, ie no Samsung KeyBroard or Keypad or Phone Pad. But with extra 30mb I can put 3rd party keyboard easy.

to me everything else is the same, I had briefly look thro the manual from Samsung Hong Kong site, but the Menu will all be in Chinese.

TQ again for the DZhi2 and 3 ROM, so far so good!!!

Guest M Seif

It seems Secany very busy to answer the many questions here about the differences between HI2 and HI3.

Can any one of the experts that tested the HI3 , tell us the important differences and bugs?

specially regarding response to screen touch, memory, battery , and any new programs.

thanks in advance

Edited by M Seif

Guest BazzaE

I have Version...

PDA: i900XXHGB/MSHG1

PHONE: i900XXHG5

Completely unbranded phone. Will I benefit from upgrading the firmware?

Are the Singapore etc. versions in the English language?

Guest Unisoldrew
I have Version...

PDA: i900XXHGB/MSHG1

PHONE: i900XXHG5

Completely unbranded phone. Will I benefit from upgrading the firmware?

Are the Singapore etc. versions in the English language?

... and will you brick your phone? - possibly.

Guest ChongHian
It seems Secany very busy to answer the many questions here about the differences between HI2 and HI3.

Can any one of the experts that tested the HI3 , tell us the important differences and bugs?

specially regarding response to screen touch, memory, battery , and any new programs.

thanks in advance

I might be wrong, but I just realise this after upgrading to I3.

Samsung Today 1

You can actually change the shortcuts in the launcher, and you can change the clock to display dual time as well.

Samsung Today 2

You can change the clock to display dual time OR you can change the font style of the clock.

Again, I might be wrong cuz I didn't notice this while using I1. (rapidshare is axxlly unfriendly)

Regards,

at last my omnia is english now.thank u so much to whoever posted that rom.i am now contented with my omnia, ;) :wacko: from italian its english

And which ROM particularly are you talking about, since I have Omnia in italian, and can't understand much of it. I want my Omnia in english so I can take full advantage of all the stuff in my device.

Guest BazzaE
... and will you brick your phone? - possibly.

There is always that chance but are you saying that it is more likely I will brick my phone with this firmware version?

Guest wahkao1990

I used to use F8 and before updating to official Singapore HH3, i hard resetted and flashed and hard resetted.

Very sad to say that F8 had a 4 day battery life with average use while HH3 only has 1.5 day battery life with average use.

There is now chinese feedback and smart reader for namecards ( i dont need all this). But the sadest thing is that haptic feedback in menus and in windows mobile is now gone!

It also seems lagger than F8. F8 was buggy, with the black screen and the volume bug, but it was zippier overall.

HH3 also has a SUPER BIG BUG! It is regarding the charging/battery status of the phone! When i charge it at 10%, after 2 hours, its still 10%! i have to soft-reset the phone to get the real value of the battery status. Also the charger and the phone heats up ALOT during charing.

I'm afraid that the battery might go boom killing both my computer and me while typing this post. Can't charge it unattended already.

Can anyone advice me on 1) The battery status problem and 2) Whether haptic feedback will be back for future roms?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! ;)

Edited by wahkao1990

Guest thegoodly
I used to use F8 and before updating to official Singapore HH3, i hard resetted and flashed and hard resetted.

Very sad to say that F8 had a 4 day battery life with average use while HH3 only has 1.5 day battery life with average use.

There is now chinese feedback and smart reader for namecards ( i dont need all this). But the sadest thing is that haptic feedback in menus and in windows mobile is now gone!

It also seems lagger than F8. F8 was buggy, with the black screen and the volume bug, but it was zippier overall.

HH3 also has a SUPER BIG BUG! It is regarding the charging/battery status of the phone! When i charge it at 10%, after 2 hours, its still 10%! i have to soft-reset the phone to get the real value of the battery status. Also the charger and the phone heats up ALOT during charing.

I'm afraid that the battery might go boom killing both my computer and me while typing this post. Can't charge it unattended already.

Can anyone advice me on 1) The battery status problem and 2) Whether haptic feedback will be back for future roms?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! ;)

F8!!!!! boy thats old... lol.

battery is perfect in either HI1, HI2, HI3, and yes haptic feedback, is there....

HH3 is the worst ive used..

update and enjoy!!!!

Guest wahkao1990
F8!!!!! boy thats old... lol.

battery is perfect in either HI1, HI2, HI3, and yes haptic feedback, is there....

HH3 is the worst ive used..

update and enjoy!!!!

Hey thanks for your advice, and...

OH SHUCKS! I updated to the worst ROM?!

I cant download from rapidshare due to my ISP's proxy server. And Secany said no mirrors. Secany if you see this please please use Mediafire okay? Its fast and there is no download limits (nor upload limits!) ;) *EDIT: Ok i see this post by Paul, shall download and flash my ROM tml!!! YAY for Paul!*

Sigh meanwhile, im stuck with this sh!tty ROM and it might be another 20 to 30 years before Samsung "officially" releases the HI series on the Samsung webby (which i can download from).

Meanwhile i might get burnt to death while charging my phone; or just die in some unknown forest without anyone knowing because my battery went flat when it clearly shows 100% battery! (stupid battery indicators in HH3).

Wish me luck. Hope i live to see HI series.

Oh and if any bros here want to upgrade to HH3, i seriously ask you to reconsider it. Wait for HI. Haptic feedback and all. Its worth the wait!

Cheers.

Edited by wahkao1990