Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest idsam69
Hey all, i've repacked DTHJ5 into a regular update EXE for those (like me) that love to be on the latest and greatest but (unlike me) are too sensible to mess around with Grand Prix...

Thanks once again secany for the ROM :lol:

Tested and working of course!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zhnm1jzgmnf

P

Thanks Paul and Secany.

I'm a Belgian user and I flashed the DTHJ5 on my I900 (former XXHHB/CEhh8) after being fed-up with Samsung not providing any information on the Rom upgrades.

It went fine and here are my first impressions :

- no noticeable increase in speed

- touch screen more reactive

- more options for the camera

- IGO 8 seems to need more time to get a GPS signal

Thanks again

Guest new2city
After click START, hang in Step 1. Is there any problem??

Then I unpluged the cable, and error occurred as the uploaded screen capture.

I'm using i908 (HK), thank you.

I don't know if this will help, but why don't you try without the "Format Device internal Large Disk" being enabled. I have never flashed with this option before, so I don't know what's the problem here.

Guest foxpro619
I don't know if this will help, but why don't you try without the "Format Device internal Large Disk" being enabled. I have never flashed with this option before, so I don't know what's the problem here.

Thank you for yr reply. I have tried already but with the same result. I also tried to change the preconfig to Singapore.. but also failed.

Guest foxpro619
That may be the problem. These updates are for i900.

Really?! I just know that i900 (China) cannot not flash the rom of other countries but no one said i908 (HK) cannot... I see now... >_<..

Guest Barthlon
anyone have the DTHJ9 rom the other sites are stating as well?

passoa stated he has got his hands on it in his manila cooked rom post.

can't wait :lol:

yep passoa did mentiond it,i believe isaw it on gsmhosting as well.

it should be shared, i dont have a copy of it right now but if i do i will upload it for everyone to use

Guest rimvydukas

Hi,

Just updated my omnia to DTHJ6. Noticed one strange thing:

Battery drains something like that - 100% - 90% - 80%

I can't see any values between these digits. Is that normal? My phone is few days old.

Guest ivanxxx

Thanx secany

It will be good to have other countries' roms because if we would need to go to the service with for example Manilla or another new vers diffrnt origin rom, they could be surprised :lol: So I'am waiting to have a back-up of my native rom.

Thanx in advance.

:D ;) :o :P

DXHH3:

Phone:

"

1. Does not show roaming icon when a device attached SMART N/W(515-03) by CURE(515-18) SIM card in Philippine

2. Apply data only when pre_config_set is set with different country code.

3. To extend the size of uplink watermark size.

4. to fix Norway Telenor Issue - Call Transfer

"

PDA:

Recoding video file in camera then render it Symbian or Normal device, it is not played.

When recoding video in camera, sometimes video clip is not played after pause.

DXHH2:

PDA:

"PIN enable, 2 number SIM. PIN check occurs twice when number is changed in SIMAT.

"

LCD display on automatically when kernel receviced RTC notification at entering sleep state

If user add playlist item in Library -> Artis, then duplicated items are added in the playlist.

When touch player plays UnSupported Video contents, Screen become whilte if user press the video area.

"Camera -> Camcoder -> MMS mode -> recoding

***CENSOR***

Video is recoded during only 3~4 seconds."

When the TV cable is connected, "Please disconnect TV out cable" Pop up window appears after receiving a phone call.

Fixed to show all of the screen when viewing document file via TV OUT viewer (it used to leave out part of top portion and bottom portion of the screen).

Apply finger scrolling function to launcher. When user drags using optical mouse, the program list of launcher is scrolling.

After reset or power-off in Etiquette mode with overturned device, device sometimes wake up by Interrupt of acceleration sensor. It is cause for in waste of power.

"precondition : review screen off

recording start > pause > stop

when recording process retry, camera application has no control icons. "

while processing auto focus, VT Call notification popup is not displayed

Change defalut rotation animation from "System Default" to "Twist"

I'm using my i900 in the USA, operator T-mobile, how come i dont' have a roaming icon???? how i set to show my roaming icon??? thank you

Current Firmware is DZHJ1

Hi all,

Here I come agian, hope can bring you guys some update of the OMNIA. Thank you all who supported me in the past (few) month.

Regarding the i900DTHJ9 (fixed Some europe operator, some conflict exe files, MMS problem, etc.. I have sent it to Paul and PaSSoA, they will bring you perfect customed rom in some more days :D. Thank you, Paul. Thank you, PaSSoA.

I won't public this rom yet, due to Samsung might release it for retail Australia phone. Another reason is, I know other cheifs will cook the ROM and changed all the credit from Microsoft and Samsung to themself ;) lol. So you guys please wait for a while, it will be your very soon. Sorry for the delay...

Second update, yesterday I received the i900XXHK1 (first November rom for major european), I will test it and let you guys know if it is really good.

Stay tuned :lol:

Regards,

Ken.

Edited by secany

Guest Barthlon
Hi all,

Here I come agian, hope can bring you guys some update of the OMNIA. Thank you all who supported me in the past (few) month.

Regarding the i900DTHJ9 (fixed Some europe operator, some conflict exe files, MMS problem, etc.. I have sent it to Paul and PaSSoA, they will bring you perfect customed rom in some more days ;) . Thank you, Paul. Thank you, PaSSoA.

I won't public this rom yet, due to Samsung might release it for retail Australia phone. Another reason is, I know other cheifs will cook the ROM and changed all the credit from Microsoft and Samsung to themself :o lol.

Second update, yesterday I received the i900XXHK1 (first November rom for major european), I will test it and let you guys know if it is really good.

Stay tuned :lol:

Regards,

Ken.

*waves and volunteers to test the khk1 too*

:D

Guest a3nalin

@ Secany:

Thanks for still providing us with new updates or those plans you mentioned!

Just wondering, if there is any hope for a german firmware? (Cause Samsung still seems not wanting to provide in germany an official new version directly)

Or will there be any possibility to have a ROM which works also for german Omnias without any problems concerning changing language / regional settings and so on? (As Italy, France, Russia, a.s.o. got their update from you even if they got the opportunity to flash an official Samsung Update)

Edited by a3nalin

I noticed that the MMS part of the Messaging is no longer available in both Paul's and PaSSoA's HJ6. Is that the same in the original ROM? I have only "Messaging" and "Outlook Email" option.

Guest mobilehappy
I noticed that the MMS part of the Messaging is no longer available in both Paul's and PaSSoA's HJ6. Is that the same in the original ROM? I have only "Messaging" and "Outlook Email" option.

In Omnia sms and mms are both sent from messaging.

If you add a title or an attachment it changes it to MMS automatically

i was curious how other people experience the battery life with the j6 rom? Mine seems to drain pretty fast.

Works great here. Did you hard reset after flashing? Thanks Secany for all that you have done and I am looking forward to using i900XXHK1. Every update brings us closer to being able to do what SS intended for us to be able to do with this phone :lol:

Edited by 1Mack