Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest bobobird

Thanks again Secany for sharing the latest (greatest ??) ROMs with us.

One question though ---- for the last couple of ROMs nothing new has been added so one can only assume that there were

a/ some optimisations

b/ some bug fixes

c/ some experimentation (eg in the J5/6 the X was more sensitive and had a wider click area, at the expense of the app controls running in the opened window).

But strangely some of the MOST obvious bugs are not getting fixed

- camera settings,

- picture taking quality, some previous ones had excellent quality but the latter ones do not.

- GPS fix times without having to resort to xtras,

- the No camera unless there is a gps fix,

- Pressing Cancel to cancel gps also cancels the setting for next time,

- poor speed and navigation of the programs launcher and phonebook (both these work ok but there are better implementations out there and learning from them cant be all that difficult,

- the setting for quad band does not work properly.

- etc.

And by now, one would have thought that netcf 3.5 would have been incorporated. Hrmmmm.

Most of the other apps seem to work pretty reliably so what is going on with Samsung's ROM team?

Each ROM requires a hard-reset of course and then a couple more hours checking it out, installing our favourite apps, etc. And doing this for every ROM released is getting pretty tiresome... There is nothing new to get excited about anymore and each new one just brings another disappointment that the most obvious has again not been fixed. And lately, the phone bit has had no updates at all.

Very poor show Samsung!!!

Edited by bobobird

Guest bmarko82

Hello to All!

This is a great forum for Omnia users! Big thanks to Secany and Paul for the hard work!

But please upload original roms, because some of us like original roms.

I'm hoping to see original ROMs as well...

Release original ROMs for those who want it and let Paul and PaSSoA continue with their customised version.

Like this everybody will be happy...

I would really like to see the original rom's here but u guess that secany does not release it for reasons.

I'm glad that we get the cooked rom's and we should be very thankful for that.

Guys Secany is testing an XX ROM (the first for NOV) now and will probably release it after he is done with it and ready ;) . We gotta chill before our next fix. The withdrawal is killing me but I am playing with Paul and PaSSoA's ROM's and practicing my own cooking to keep calm. I am 1Mack and I am a Flashoholic :lol: :D

Edited by 1Mack

Hi Secany,

Thanks for all the effort. Just a little request, would you be able to fix the geotagging issue of the camera in your lastest ROM? Much appreciated if you could do so as I'll be going on a holiday next week and would like to use the geotagging function.

Thanks a million! : )

Does the HJ6 ROM still have the 'issue' that noise reduction makes you feel like the line is dead when using the phone function and not talking?

Also mentioned before as the 'walky talky' effect...

Guest mobilehappy
I wonder if the untouched J9 and K1 are going to greet their audience here ??

I second that and hope someone will post them for the benefit of all who eagerly wait for new un-modified ROMS.

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest bobobird
I second that and hope someone will post them for the benefit of all who eagerly wait for new un-modified ROMS.

otherwise Paul will have to open a new forum - FAA - FlashAholics Anonymous. hehe

Guest Barthlon
otherwise Paul will have to open a new forum - FAA - FlashAholics Anonymous. hehe

well i don't know why, because it is a hell of a job to reconfigure your phone again after a flash, but my fingers are itchy too.

also i noticed that my body reacts to the sunlight in some way and that i shake a little the last couple of days waiting for a new rom :lol:

Guest Motofone

I too must join the increasing number who would like to see the latest uncooked roms.

I am currently using the first of pauls cooked roms having used the number two and going back to the first, (just seemed better the first).

Also used passoa first lite but far to stripped for me, I actually like some of the Samsung apps. And with youtubeplayer installed you don't really need flash 3.1. Seems a lot to give up just to get this app.....

When stripped and cooked you cannot tell if the new roms have had any tweaks or fixes.

So secany if poss would be nice to have origional roms, it's nice to see the roms develop and see the fixes and new tweaks that appear.

Many, many thanks for all your hard work so far it has provided much pleasure for many people with the new Omnia.

We are all most grateful I am sure.

All the best

motofone..... :lol:

Edited by Motofone

Update!

Will uploaded all final November roms.

Please stay tuned.

PS: I also added "donation" button on signature, HJ9 was cooked with an "donation" problem, so why don't I put a "donation" button on my signature, right ? B)

Thanks for all your supporting. Please bookmark this thread and check for lastest rom B)

Cheers,

Ken.

Guest Barthlon
Update!

Will uploaded all final November roms.

Please stay tuned.

PS: I also added "donation" button on signature, HJ9 was cooked with an "donation" problem, so why don't I put a "donation" button on my signature, right ? B)

Thanks for all your supporting. Please bookmark this thread and check for lastest rom B)

Cheers,

Ken.

hey i don't mind donating, i don't mind investing in a better product B)

but what exactly are you? are you a samsung employee that can get his hands on roms before they are published or are you editing and upgrading roms yourself? i kinda lost the picture here B)