Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest cidriver
Well, well, I can not flashing from a XP, the main reason is; When I try to flash from HH1 to HH3 the activesync starts to late, so the SGH-I900 V1.6 User Downloader XP said No PDA Device Found...close device. I promise, I follow all the steps but nothing happend, I sleep just 3 hours, yesterday I was the hole day with the device, just a minutes to eat something, I'm going to be cracy, What step I miss? What I doing so wrong?

Help me please, I'm hungry to taste the new HH3.

I'm from Spain and my device now version:

PDA HH1

PHONE HF6

Thanks in advance for your support and care.

Finally, after a activesync re-intalatation I could flash my Omnia device to:

PDA: DXHG4

PHONE: DXHG4

But still having problems with the lastest one, I mean HH3 (I'm usisng XP system) ;)

HH3/HH3

1. Laggy and buggy

2. Rotation animation now less than H1

3. S2P is not working

4. WebCam is not working

5. SBP Mobile Shell shortcut not working/ hang

6. Throttle launcher hang

I think i will flash back to HH1/HH1, already reset so so many times, problem remain.

OK so i'm not alone....

Had the leaked HH1 before (over the stock SFR (France) branded ROM) and upgraded to HH3 yesterday...

For me

-HH3 seems to be slower than HH1 (more time after pin to SPB Now screen, slower in SPB menu....)

-S2P not working anymore...

-SPB Now screen doesn't write Time correctly (I'm HH:mm:ss in regional parameters, it's ok in windows, but SPB still show H:mm....)

-Strange free storage memory after installing some programs: 50.2 free I installed 12Mo program and then I have 35.4Mo free ????? where did those 3Mo go ????????

Hummm I really had a better feeling with the HH1 ROM essentially with the overall speed of my Omnia... ;)

How can we downgrade the ROM ?? same way as an upgrade ??

Ben

Edited by dabeny

re: the time format, change it to something else then change it back again ;)

P

Hey Paul :wacko:

I tried all possible Time Formats in regional parameters with soft reset after each changes and it still doesn't work (only in SPB Now....)

When I click on the big time in SPB and then "Set Alarms" I can see the right time format in WM settings... but no way to show it right on SPB now :(

Guest gavinfabl
re: the time format, change it to something else then change it back again ;)

P

Paul, from HH1 have you noticed any real improvements. I have a lot of customisations to re-install, and I am sure there is another firmware only days away:)

Blackhorse, I am having the same with HH1. Maybe caused because I never made a hard reset after install the ROM. Did you? I am honestly also lost at the moment, specially if same problem with HH3 too. ;)

Please select "Format device's internal large disk" and perform a HARD RESET after upgrade firmware. Otherwise, you will have problem, especially with custome installed program which leave the autorun on internal HDD.

I think someone mean that I'm "using" you guys to help me test debrand firmware? Well, it's up to what you are thinking, I don't want and I don't have to explain. To that "someone", please think before you talking. What I got? Am I asking you guys a donation or not? I'm doing this for totally free, right? And I also mentioned, rom I upload, some will release to public by Samsung, after some weeks later. Anyway, what I can say is: if you want, use it, otherwise, don't read this thread. Thanks a lot. About flashing the TEST firmware, I write there clearly, NEED TO TEST, right? You don't have to help me if you don't want, you guys have lastest German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, French, Czech, Swedish, etc..... or not, it's depend on you guys, not me! For me, English rom is more than enough. Is that clear to "someone"? ;)

I'm considering sharing some INNOV8 i8510 stuff when the phone come to market or not.

@All : i900XXHH5_HH9.exe in uploading, I will put link here when I come online agian. After Italian, I will upload German, and Spanish come after. German and Spanish rom will be branded to T-Mobile DE/ORANGE ES or non-branded, I have no idea yet. Let's see what happen on the test.

Cheers.

Guest malikms

Totaly agree with your explanation above ;) hehehe

is there any chance of the DX HI English Rom release that you know of? if i get it correctly I is for September right. and DX for the country i live in (Indonesia).

Thx before mate... have a good one!

Edited by malikms

Guest robertoaitor
Please select "Format device's internal large disk" and perform a HARD RESET after upgrade firmware. Otherwise, you will have problem, especially with custome installed program which leave the autorun on internal HDD.

I think someone mean that I'm "using" you guys to help me test debrand firmware? Well, it's up to what you are thinking, I don't want and I don't have to explain. To that "someone", please think before you talking. What I got? Am I asking you guys a donation or not? I'm doing this for totally free, right? And I also mentioned, rom I upload, some will release to public by Samsung, after some weeks later. Anyway, what I can say is: if you want, use it, otherwise, don't read this thread. Thanks a lot. About flashing the TEST firmware, I write there clearly, NEED TO TEST, right? You don't have to help me if you don't want, you guys have lastest German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, French, Czech, Swedish, etc..... or not, it's depend on you guys, not me! For me, English rom is more than enough. Is that clear to "someone"? ;)

I'm considering sharing some INNOV8 i8510 stuff when the phone come to market or not.

@All : i900XXHH5_HH9.exe in uploading, I will put link here when I come online agian. After Italian, I will upload German, and Spanish come after. German and Spanish rom will be branded to T-Mobile DE/ORANGE ES or non-branded, I have no idea yet. Let's see what happen on the test.

Cheers.

I think like SECANY, is helping us and we who need the ROM, making this a very good job for us without asking anything in return and thank us instead of doubt. For my part I thank you for such great effort.

Greetings

Roberto

Totaly agree with your explanation above ;) hehehe

is there any chance of the DX HI Rom release that you know of? if i get it correctly I is for September right. and DX for the country i live at (Indonesia).

Thx before mate... have a good one!

DX is for Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and some model for Australia too. DZ is all like DX, but have some small customize for Singapore and Malaysia. DX doesn't have Sep.08 Rom yet. I'll upload immedialy once it release, as I am DX rom user too.

Cheer.

@Paul, can you do me a favor? Rename this thread to other name please. Thanks a lot.

Guest malikms

fast response, when you're around... I like that :wacko: . Thanks for the valuable information :( , can't wait to hear again from you when the newest September update on the DX Rom is available. ;) Have a good one! Cheers!

Guest bobsbbq
DX is for Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and some model for Australia too. DZ is all like DX, but have some small customize for Singapore and Malaysia. DX doesn't have Sep.08 Rom yet. I'll upload immedialy once it release, as I am DX rom user too.

Cheer.

@Paul, can you do me a favor? Rename this thread to other name please. Thanks a lot.

Secany DC is Thailand, DX is Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia. From what I know. DC definitely Thailand as that is what mine had when opened the phone new.

Thanks for your contribution here, and you have my thanks.

Secany DC is Thailand, DX is Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia. From what I know. DC definitely Thailand as that is what mine had when opened the phone new.

Thanks for your contribution here, and you have my thanks.

You're totally correct. In more details,

DC is Thailand, DB is Vietnam, DA used to be Indonesia.

But I'm also not incorrect ;)

Cost in other samsung phone , DX is for Thai/Viet/Indo/(Aus)

Naming in Samsung is really complicated.

Guest smartieroadie

Cheers.

I think you are doing an excellent service to us by sharing these firmwares. Can you get hold of XA or XX firmware like the above as I believe they are the UK destined ones? I'm using DXHH3 at the moment and it seems fine. Would like the XXHH5_HH9 though as I guess thats newer?

Guest cidriver

Cheers.

Totally agree, I'm at your total dipossal, to help you in order to make the Spanish, but you also have to tell me how can I help you, as I told you, I'm at your total dispossal. e-mail me; [email protected]

Good job, straigh ahed!!

Guest FlorinBv
I think someone mean that I'm "using" you guys to help me test debrand firmware? Well, it's up to what you are thinking, I don't want and I don't have to explain. To that "someone", please think before you talking. What I got? Am I asking you guys a donation or not? I'm doing this for totally free, right? And I also mentioned, rom I upload, some will release to public by Samsung, after some weeks later. Anyway, what I can say is: if you want, use it, otherwise, don't read this thread. Thanks a lot. About flashing the TEST firmware, I write there clearly, NEED TO TEST, right? You don't have to help me if you don't want, you guys have lastest German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, French, Czech, Swedish, etc..... or not, it's depend on you guys, not me! For me, English rom is more than enough. Is that clear to "someone"? :wacko:

Secany, you have totally right but, the people wants to know more about what are they going to test...they risk to send the phones in Service Center if something goes wrong.....you are a little misterious and for this someone is worried or suspicious....

Some details about roms,about what are the differences in your opinion or what is the risk it's always precious and wellcome too :(

Any way, you are helping us and, you are doing well,keep going and we will test for you and for us too, always with pleasure ;)

Best regards !

secany, what you mean resp. where can I found "Please select "Format device's internal large disk" and perform a HARD RESET after upgrade firmware"

The HARD RESET is clear but I tried to find "Format internal large disk" but couldn't find out which appl. to use.

I will upgrade later today to HH3. Anywhow, if I can help resp. test the DC Version (Thailand) Once available I would like to do so. But maybe one more question, if you do a ROM Update to another County Version e.g. from Singapore to Thailand or to Germany etc. does the localization code need to be changed in advance?

Thanks for all your effort anyway. Greeetings from Thailand