Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Hi secany,

as mentioned in one of my post, can I extract the components, and then just add the english csc file into HK2 instead of flashing and then reflash again?

Also, I read that you have a part to play in terms of setting the speed of the cpu versus the battery life. For normal users like me, is it an option available to set my own? I was using an asus p535 and there is an option for me to set the device to run at max speed or automatic or battery conversing speed.

Last and not least, are all the shortcuts in the startup folder necessary? Can you give a detail list of what they are for? I disabled my siplistener because I have removed all the samsung keyboards.

I have to check documentation to see are there anything too confidential or not B)

HK2, you can simple flash by exe first, then use GRANDPRIX 1.6.2, UNTICK (DESELECT) "Phone bootloader update" then select ONLY CSC and flash agian.

CPU speed, you can use Xscale CPU, I recommend the Speed always under 300MHz!

Startup shortcut, it depends on what you use, how you custome your rom.

By the way, here is the Grandprix 1.6.2,

http://rapidshare.com/files/163156647/GrandPix_v1.6.2.rar

Extract will give you both XP and Vista version.

why be too defensive!why not make it the other way,that is,post the roms,let people try them then if they liked it and they want to donate,no problem,that would be fine!but if you asked people to donate FIRST before giving the roms,that's another thing....

anyways.........peace man!

He is not asking people to donate first man. Check the thread and you will see he has passed out at least half a dozen already. And the folks who donate (chefs and junkies like me B) ) get the ROM a few days earlier. So chill out man. No one is being forced to do anything they don't want to do. AND if you don't want to donate and are patient you will get a copy of whatever ROM you are after.

why be too defensive!why not make it the other way,that is,post the roms,let people try them then if they liked it and they want to donate,no problem,that would be fine!but if you asked people to donate FIRST before giving the roms,that's another thing....

Do you know what make "development"?

The answer is "conflict".

We have different point of view.

Thanks for your opinions anyway.

Guest Erdem Dengel
HK2, you can simple flash by exe first, then use GRANDPRIX 1.6.2, UNTICK (DESELECT) "Phone bootloader update" then select ONLY CSC and flash agian.

In this process, phone has to be closed?

edit: I got answer thanks secany

Edited by Erdem Dengel

CPU speed, you can use Xscale CPU, I recommend the Speed always under 300MHz!

Do you mean XCPUScalar?

Startup shortcut, it depends on what you use, how you custome your rom.

But I need to know what the shortcuts are for first. Like timewizard etc...

Guest tomdeluxe
temporary rapidshare premium users sent to list. Please check your e-mail and please do not change password. Thanks a lot.

thanks man i´ve got the mail

i have rapidshare premium but still get no mail with rom downloadlinks, only the rapidshare mail...can you please re-send me the links!

thank you

Guest mhmtmtl
Yay. Good thinking, mate.

You know what is difference between "donate" and "buy"? Please take www.dictionany.com as my first recommend before you flashing your i900. Also check words "not work", "dead", "no power" if you don't mind, please.

Let's think about the other sides:

I work a lot on this i900, most of the rom you can find in internet was upload by me, am I right? If you don't believe, check date of my post on modaco and compare with other. People understand how hard I work, so they donate me some so I can continue my research & update. I appreciate that, thank you, everyone. Because they donate me, so I have to share with them some lastest news, they have the right to have more benefit from the others, am I correct?

On the other hands, you can read my post from the start, did I wrote "if you not donate, no more new roms, no more free donuts!"? Please quote if I were said or implied so. I said new roms will come, but couple days later, Mr.o0joe0o.

One more thing, do you know about internet in Australia? I have to pay about 150$ for each GB I use if the limit was break, and you know how large a rom is for download / upload? Each rom cos me about 310MB, mate!

Please, Mr.o0joe0o, think twice before you post. Thanks a lot and good luck.

Ken.

absolute support. you are a good man secany

Donation sent: 8PU17547R2920910T

Ive donated as ive spent countless hours on this forum and flashed 99% of your ROMS, So thanks for everything so far and look forward to using more ROMs

Guest pdaphonemaster

That's exactly what Secany has been doing. Check his rom thread and you will know. He has been uploading his latest roms for free without asking anything from us. He then decided to discontinue which I can understand becasue it would be very time consuming to test, pack, upload, etc. Thankfully, he changed his mind and decided to continue his rom work and asked for donation which many people were just happy to including myself not necessarily because we want to be included in his special mailing grounp, which is a bonus, but I am sure many of us would have donated nonetheless to show our appreciation.

So, if you do not wish to donate, that's fine. But there is no need to be posting such a message (especially your first one). If you are not happy, the do not download his roms. Otherwise download them in SILENCE.

Guest mynullvoid

Secany I had tried to look for latest English ROM in your thread, but I didn't find it, please give me the link of the said post where I can download the latest english ROM.

Thank you, I really appreciate all your hardwork

Secany I had tried to look for latest English ROM in your thread, but I didn't find it, please give me the link of the said post where I can download the latest english ROM.

Thank you, I really appreciate all your hardwork

Depends on what you're asking for B) This thread, if you go through it, will have the last English ROM that was released. Secany has also sent the links to some ROMs via the mailing list for the folk who donated. Some of these ROMs have since been posted here but some have not been. There wasn't an English ROM there if I recall but there is the latest HK2 ROM which can be made English by flashing a separate English language file. If that's what you meant, then I believe you'll need to wait till Secany posts the links publicly ... unless you've donated ...

Dear Secany,

I really appreciate for your good work u are doing in this forum. I have made a small donation the ref. no. is 5EM006504R646480X. Kindly send me the latest english ROM for my i900.

Regards

jse2

Guest Barthlon
Depends on what you're asking for B) This thread, if you go through it, will have the last English ROM that was released. Secany has also sent the links to some ROMs via the mailing list for the folk who donated. Some of these ROMs have since been posted here but some have not been. There wasn't an English ROM there if I recall but there is the latest HK2 ROM which can be made English by flashing a separate English language file. If that's what you meant, then I believe you'll need to wait till Secany posts the links publicly ... unless you've donated ...

all those updates and all those language files and still it says fomatting instead of formatting when you do a hard reset B)

is it just not possible to change that or... ? B)

Guest le.bouch
Hi all,

The multi language rom been sent! Sorry for my late, just wake up from a crazy birthday party B)

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Ken.

Sorry - am I being a bit thick - have you sent out emails to everyone? 'cos I ain't got one ;-(

Hi Ken,

Is it possible to post updated (XK2?) file set for GrandPrix flashing? I'm a Vista user at the moment and cannot find a trusted XP machine around. Unfortunately no tricks for changing region worked so far, this way the official Vista updater is useless for me.

THX

Hi guys,

I have the latest Dutch Rom.....the XKHJ3, it's the non-branded version. B)

If you intrested, you can it downloaded on Rapidshare.com on the following link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/164154125/i900XKHJ3.rar.html

Good luck !!!

Voor de Nederlanders onder ons:

Ik heb de laatste Nederlandse Rom....de XKHJ3, het is de non-branded versie. B)

Als je geinteresseerd bent en je je Pda'tje op de laatste versie wil hebben, kun je hem downloaden bij Rapidshare.com op de volgende link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/164154125/i900XKHJ3.rar.html

Succes !!! B)

Ton.