Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Please select "Format device's internal large disk" and perform a HARD RESET after upgrade firmware. Otherwise, you will have problem, especially with custome installed program which leave the autorun on internal HDD.

I think someone mean that I'm "using" you guys to help me test debrand firmware? Well, it's up to what you are thinking, I don't want and I don't have to explain. To that "someone", please think before you talking. What I got? Am I asking you guys a donation or not? I'm doing this for totally free, right? And I also mentioned, rom I upload, some will release to public by Samsung, after some weeks later. Anyway, what I can say is: if you want, use it, otherwise, don't read this thread. Thanks a lot. About flashing the TEST firmware, I write there clearly, NEED TO TEST, right? You don't have to help me if you don't want, you guys have lastest German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, French, Czech, Swedish, etc..... or not, it's depend on you guys, not me! For me, English rom is more than enough. Is that clear to "someone"? ;)

I'm considering sharing some INNOV8 i8510 stuff when the phone come to market or not.

@All : i900XXHH5_HH9.exe in uploading, I will put link here when I come online agian. After Italian, I will upload German, and Spanish come after. German and Spanish rom will be branded to T-Mobile DE/ORANGE ES or non-branded, I have no idea yet. Let's see what happen on the test.

Cheers.

This would be the My storage right? Then this will erase the contents of the internal 8gb or 16gb memory. I have not had any problem but I don't have many programs installed. Word of caution backup your data if you are going to do this.

BTW, can anyone please confirm there is offical non-branded/generic i900 in Spain / Germany?

I just bought a non-branded here in Germany from MediaMarkt--> PDA: i900XGHG5/BHHG6 - Phone:i900XXHG3.

My only problem is that I do not speak German! Who can suggest a very stable version of the ROM in English. I am using O2 Germany as operator.

Thanks ;)

secany, now I just wanted to update to HH3 and saw that if you start the .exe I can choose the "Format Device's Internal Large Disk". But does this mean it will delete all my 16GB Storage data?

If yes, I should copy first all my date to the HDD because I do have more then 4GB Storage used. For the PIM I made a already a backup but not for the Storage.

Thanks for your help.

LoveGod, did you choose the "Format Device's Internal Large Disk" when you were updating to HH3? If yes, did it delete the internal storage?

yes i did choosed, yes it did format.

There is i900JPHI1 which contains Arabic, tested by myself. There is a rumor that 1 phone service center in Turkey, and another on UAE have non-branded i900 Arabic and Turkey. If you are living in these country, you can have a check.

Cheers

Hi Secany

Where can we get the i900JPH1 that contains Arabic ? we are not in UAE or Turkey? any URL ?

Can u summarize your impressions compared to i900DXHH1 ?

Many thanks

Hello to all, Great job Paul, just a few questions to all you wizards

I'm from Greece i bought a UK omnia with PDA : i900XXHG5/MSHG1 PHONE: i900XXHG5, if i leave it as it is can i upgrade it from Samsung Greece to Greek Rom when available? if i upgrade to the latest Rom (HH3 i think?) can i get an upgrade then?

Thank you very much in advance

Here is lastest i900_DX firmware:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141174440/i900DXHH3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/141180715/i900DXHH3.part2.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xocswrevoyj

I also have some lastest (09.2008) firmware for Italy, German, Turkey, Arabic, etc... Will upload later when I have time

PS: I attached a part of the release note, inside descrie what have fixed in new HH2 and HH3 version. Please try to quote to another forum with a credit to me ;)

Regards,

K

10.Sep.09:

i900XIHH5_HH9 Italian, non-branded:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143913583/i900...XIHH9.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/143921243/i900...XIHH9.part2.rar

I have tried to install HH1 and HH3 rom, I open up the installer, it says waiting for the device, I have already installed samsung modem driver, my phone is connected to sync, if i turn off the phone and restart it, it will say

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

same thing if I restart sync. i do not see start button activated. i am using windows vista64 bit, the update for G4 rom from samsung website worked.

how can i get this one to work? is there a installer for vista or this installer only work with xp? please help. :wacko:

I have tried to install HH1 and HH3 rom, I open up the installer, it says waiting for the device, I have already installed samsung modem driver, my phone is connected to sync, if i turn off the phone and restart it, it will say

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

same thing if I restart sync. i do not see start button activated. i am using windows vista64 bit, the update for G4 rom from samsung website worked.

how can i get this one to work? is there a installer for vista or this installer only work with xp? please help. ;)

you have to press the reset button on the top of the phone.

Hi there, i tried to flash my phone to the hh3 rom coming from hh1 (from stock, debranded) but i forgot to install the usb modem driver and my screen is on the omnia logo now.

followed the steps the installer program told me to do and at a certain point it started to echo port create retry (..) seconds and then it stopped and said download failed!

what do i have to do now? i have my screen still on the omnia logo and it doesnt seem to respond on the power on button.

allright, a simple reset did the job ;) retrying now :}

Edited by shrud

Guest cidriver

Well, I'm a day and a half with the i900XIHH5_HH9 Italian ROM. Is to early to post about the ROM, but I noticed I mised a little bit more than 2GB in my storage card. Somebody with the same problem? I formated the micro SD Card twice and still having the same problems.

Have you got the same problem? Now the battery and communication work like a charm, just waiting for the Spanish version to enjoy it much better.